GDT: 4/28/12 > Game 1 > Blues v Kings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: GDT: 4/28/12 > Game 1 > Blues v Kings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN

Post by northwest dave »

WaukeeBlues wrote:For long stretches of that game we looked GOOD.

But the simple rule of this game is that if you don't capitalize on your chances, you lose. We have one bad reaction to a faceoff from Shattenkirk (with Oshie falling down) give up a terrible odd man rush SH and all of a sudden we're (Frank).

HAD to score on those chances we had. HAD to. And I frankly can't believe we had that many.
Oshie was tripped by Brown on the faceoff, that's how Brown got such a quick jump on the puck. That whole sequence of plays, from the hit, the trip, the interference, to the goal was one of the most frustrated I can remember.

Hitch is saying all the right things. I hope these boys come out and play a hard 60 mins tomorrow.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

IF the Blues would had put a body in front of the net, they would had some juicy chances to put in some of those rebounds.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hopefully Polak opens up a can of whoop ass on some Queens tomorrow, and the rest of the team responds accordingly. I'll admit that I overreacted to just one loss, but if they fail to get it done and assert themselves as the superior team in game 2, stick a fork in them.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:Hopefully Polak opens up a can of whoop ass on some Queens tomorrow, and the rest of the team responds accordingly. I'll admit that I overreacted to just one loss, but if they fail to get it done and assert themselves as the superior team in game 2, stick a fork in them.
:plusplus:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

philco_3 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Hopefully Polak opens up a can of whoop ass on some Queens tomorrow, and the rest of the team responds accordingly. I'll admit that I overreacted to just one loss, but if they fail to get it done and assert themselves as the superior team in game 2, stick a fork in them.
:plusplus:
I wouldn't say that...especially if they outplay the Kings again and come up short.

I've seen far too many things the buck the trend to ever say "stick a fork in 'em" if the series is only 0-2.

We're not a 7 seed playing a 2 seed and envisioning being down 2-0 to a superior team. This is a very good Blues team (a better team than the Kings) and we're only down 1-0 in the series, and if they happen to go down 2-0, the Kings still need to win 2 more games...and with the record of home teams in this year's playoffs?? Nah... we're not out of it until the Kings have secured their 4th win.

I didn't get all wrapped up and swept away by this team this year to give up on them if they go down 2-0 against a friggin' 8th seed. Not a chance. Even without Petro.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Just win this game. that's all. One game at a time. Play like this is your last game. Period.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

northwest dave wrote:

But the simple rule of this game is that if you don't capitalize on your chances, you lose. We have one bad reaction to a faceoff from Shattenkirk (with Oshie falling down) give up a terrible odd man rush SH and all of a sudden we're (Frank).

HAD to score on those chances we had. HAD to. And I frankly can't believe we had that many.
Oshie was tripped by Brown on the faceoff, that's how Brown got such a quick jump on the puck. That whole sequence of plays, from the hit, the trip, the interference, to the goal was one of the most frustrated I can remember.

Hitch is saying all the right things. I hope these boys come out and play a hard 60 mins tomorrow.

Well Hitch blamed that goal on Backes (and DP) for what it's worth "our other two forwards just didn't come back hard enough "

And re-watching the goal he's right. David get's right up and is the closest forward, but he's coasting back.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:
northwest dave wrote:

Well Hitch blamed that goal on Backes (and DP) for what it's worth "our other two forwards just didn't come back hard enough "

And re-watching the goal he's right. David get's right up and is the closest forward, but he's coasting back.
I was referring more to talking about the hit on Petro. But I agree.

I used to be upset when a coach doesn't address gross unfairness, but I like Hitch's approach. It's all about focus and getting your head back in the game. I love the steadiness of his approach and bluntness. I expect a more energized, but focus team tonight.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.