GDT: 4/30/12 > Game 2 > Blues v Kings > 8:00 PM > CNBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: GDT: 4/30/12 > Game 2 > Blues v Kings > 8:00 PM > CNBC

Post by ComradeT »

While I am on the soapbox: game time screwed Blues up as well. One of the home ice advantages is playing the game at the time you are comfortable with. Blues are playing an 8 pm game, for LA it's a 5 pm game - just like they like it at home. This takes away so much of the home ice advantage. (Franking) nonsense on NHL's part, all because the LA announcers are on the feed. (Frank) THEM!!!
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

Alright, get the fragiles off the ice. Time to get ugly. If they wanna win this thing in LA, they should have to do it without their top line. (Frank) 'em.

By the way, Keenan can suck it.
"The Blues need to get emotionally invested. They are getting out hit..." just as the hits graphic pops up. "Kings 13. Blues 27"

13>27. We learn new things everyday.
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

KPFBlue wrote:Alright, get the fragiles off the ice. Time to get ugly. If they wanna win this thing in LA, they should have to do it without their top line. (Frank) 'em.

By the way, Keenan can suck it.
"The Blues need to get emotionally invested. They are getting out hit..." just as the hits graphic pops up. "Kings 13. Blues 27"

13>27. We learn new things everyday.
Haha...

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Quite possibly the most embarrassing playoff game in franchise history. I don't want to see one guy on Twitter for the next three days. Shut up and get in the practice rink. You were pathetic tonight.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

The way in which LA pooped its collective pants in the 3rd is a microscopic consolation prize. This power play ineptitude is maddening, but the PK is a hell of a strength for the Kings. Little to no space. Try again in Tinseltown, with feeling.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Well at least my prediction of a classic Blues 2nd round flame-out is carrying some weight now.

I'm off to Afghanistan again, this is closest thing to a full season that I've seen since I've been in the military. It was a hell of a season to say the least, with nothing but good things to look forward to in the future. I'll be back in December, hopefully Tarasenko already has 20 goals by that point.

later :detsucks: :hawkssuck: :gheylords: :letsgoblues:
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I don't know about the worst playoff GAME in franchise history but I think worst period there can't be any contest.

We just looked... confused. Running around all over the place, turning over the rubber more than the perverts on To Catch a Predator, almost bumping into each other for Christ's sake, we just looked like we had no idea what was going on. Total lack of composure in that first period. Come out in the second with a beat goal only seconds in only to give up the ultimate de-flater right after it :facepalm:

And yea, LA is a good (Franking) team, they were composed, they came out and executed and we were scrambling all over the place.

The maddening part is that we are STILL getting chances on Quick that aren't going in. We had a puck hugging the goal line tonight, another few that popped right out as rebounds but nobody was there... frustrating. It's just going to be one of those we learn to forget and label as worst period evar.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

TJ Oshie looks like he has Erik Johnson syndrome. He is absolutely freaking useless in this series. One hit and a bunch of crap.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Hitch should make them eat the fat turd they left on the ice at Scottrade tonight. That was an epic meltdown of a period.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Nyghtewynd wrote:TJ Oshie looks like he has Erik Johnson syndrome. He is absolutely freaking useless in this series. One hit and a bunch of crap.
Other than that hit, he's just falling over when breathed upon. He's turning into a real regular season hero.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

(Frank) all of you, especially you, glen. This shit isn't over. Jump off the bandwagon already, you fookin pansies. One fvcking game and you're ready to give up? F U C K YOU!!!!!! :facepalm:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Oh Goon come on, you have to admit they performed like Mike Kitchen's Blues last night. The only thing I can think of as a positive to come out of getting so handily beaten down that first period is that after such an embarrassing loss at home, they get angry enough to come out guns blazing and win the next four. I don't think so.

And I echo the sentiment that the boys better not spend even one quick second on Twitter the rest of the playoffs. Focus on what you need to do, not who went out for a leg of lamb with Berglund or welcoming Beener to the twitter fold.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

beat2life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beat2life »

alright, I lurk and rarely post, but most of you are too ridiculous to ignore. I was at the game tonight, and it was downright embarrassing. I split season tickets with a few different people, and we all usually seem to have varying opinions. Tonight, we all agreed about how piss poor our entire defense played. Honestly, the only defenseman with minimal complaints was RUSSELL. That's saying a lot. EVERY defenseman on our squad made a HORRIBLE play at one point or another. I was riding Colaiacovo, because (to me) he's one of our worst guys along with Jackman. My buddy pointed out the horrible plays Shattenkirk made. We both didn't even bother discussing what we saw Cole pulling. I sat in silence the entire game. It wasn't until our 2nd goal that we even looked remotely like the team everyone remembered from the regular season. My buddy remarked, "Oh, wow, I remember this team now, where have they been all game?" I'm no apologist, but to all you Oshie slammers, seriously? He was about the only high point of the game (and, no, I don't think his one major hit defined his entire game.) Perron is my boy, but he has been a ghost; So has Steen. Backes and Berglund take idiot retaliatory penalties at the worst times. McDonald is our saving grace, I don't think that's even disputable at this point. Tonight, after the 1st period we showed moments of competitiveness, but it was only in short spurts. We'd reign for like 4 minutes at a time, then get owned. I've never seen a worse lack of urgency or caring. We skated around aimlessly and lost. The sky's not falling, we're only down 2 games. While this should be an extreme wake-up call, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure the next games will be tame compared to last night, I think they need to dress Reaves. His 4th line hasn't looked all that bad. Crombeen is a human punching bag, and offers little more offensively than Reaves does anyway. Was I the only one laughing at the Blues' 2nd timeout aka the Elliot/Allen swap? That was clever and ballsy.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

The first period demonstrated how much the Blues need their best defenseman. Pietrangelo directs the play when he is on the ice and without him directing (for nearly 30 minutes per game), the middle of the ice was left open over and over and over again. That rarely happened this season.

Hope Pietrangelo is back by the next game or this series is over. He is that important to the Blues.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

2 games does not a series make. I have no idea what that 1st period was. I still don't. You take that out and we've got something to work with. Either way, it's a loss. Blues are down 2-0, heading to LA.

Let's be honest, the Blues are playing like crap, but LA is really, really good. There's a reason why they beat the Canucks. They were coming in waves early on, they got the Blues rattled with that quick goal, and it took the Blues an entire period to combust and then collect themselves for a push.

But I'm glad the Blues finally nutted up from the 2nd on. They were more physical and they acted like they belonged. It's a minor victory, but it's something positive to look at. Now they just have to do something about it in LA. Road teams have been successful in these playoffs. The Blues can be too.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I like all of the comments, "it's over", "we're done". I guess you guys won't be wasting your time watching game #3 if it's over, right?
If they win game #3 it's a 2-1 series. Are we still out of it then? Is it possible to win game #3? Of course it is.
One game at a time.
A playoff series gets re-evaluated after every game. And winning game #3 is a must now. Rarely do teams come back from down 0-3, so they need to take the next one.

If LA can come in here and beat us twice, we can certainly do that to them.

That first period was maybe the worst playoff period of hockey I have ever seen the Blues play.
Nothing was bouncing the Blues way...nothing. Everything was bouncing the Kings way...everything.
It was a combination of poor play, bad communication, poor passes, poor execution and fortunate bounces for LA...lots of fortunate bounces... and that created the perfect storm of pucks going in the net.
I wouldn't even go so far as to say LA was great, because they weren't. The Blues were just that bad and the puck was bouncing in all directions for LA. Just one of those games...it just sucks it was a playoff game.

As bad as the first period was, if we could have done anything on the PP, we'd have had a chance in that game. The Blues came on in the 2nd & 3rd and had LA on their heels at times. 0 for 9 on the PP, including nada on the long 5 on 3? We were down 5-2 and got a truckload of power plays...but nothing.
I'm more pissed about that. Yeah, the 1st period was awful, but they had a chance to legitimately get back in it, and couldn't get it done.

Carlo looked terrible. That may have been the worst game I have ever seen him play.
Oshie was ok. I don't get the slams on him.

- Brown is a punk. Period.
- Oshie destroyed Penner. That was the hit of the playoffs. And it was 100% clean too. Awesome.
- Reffing was terrible...absolutely horrible. Lots of ticky tack calls on both teams in the 1st period. How the NHL deems a phantom hold that you can't see on a replay warrants the same 2 minutes as a viscous, dirty hit from behind into the boards that takes out our best player, I have no idea.
- Not sure what Elliott was doing on the first goal...he was on his stomach for no reason when the puck squirted to the slot. He did it again a few minutes later on a good scoring chance for LA...WTF? He was pulling a Luongo.
- Penner is a moron. He's taking stupid penalties with is team up by 3 goals in the 3rd. He almost singlehandedly gave the Blues a chance to get back in it.

I don't think I have ever been so mad during a period of hockey.
Hopefully this is some sort of wakeup call for the guys. It's do or die now...they need to string a couple wins together. The situation just got extremely urgent.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

blues fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by blues fan »

It all comes down to 1 game now Game 3 if they loose that game it is over. They need to come out with the desperation they need to play with out, this won't go past game 5. The sense of urgancy isn't there for sure. I want reaves put back in the line up! He can spark this team and they need something for sure. I also don't like the look in Elliots eye's he seems different than he did prior, less confidant or what I don't know? Halak isn't there to even switch to so the D better be 100% better in game 3 and really limit shots or we will be getting ready for offseason changes t make this team a tad better. At least the playoffs will show the areas of need durring the off season and the experiance will be good. Game 3 win and things could change for the better loose Thursday night and it will be all done. Pretty simple now! :goblues:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

blues fan wrote:It all comes down to 1 game now Game 3 if they loose that game it is over.
Well... no. Once they lose 4 games in a series, then it is over.

Being down 0-3...
Very difficult? Yes.
Near impossible? Yes.
Over? Nope.

We're not a #7 seed trying to come back from 0-2 vs. a #2 seed. We're a #2 seed and we have that seed for a reason.
LA is a #8 seed for a reason as well. They can be beaten.
I think once we get on the board with a victory, we'll be in business.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Nothing is over.....I think what has so many frustrated is that there is SOOOO MANY problems.

Pie is hurt, Shatty is sh*tting himself, Elliott does not look right, Oshie is a no show, DP is trying to be too cute, where the hell is the Captain, how does Hitch let his team come out that flat?

While it's by no means over....it's also not just one thing here or there that we have to fix.....there is a lot.

On the positive side, with all these problems, and as well as LA has played, we've been right there with them in all but one period and to me that tells me just how much better of a team WE ARE ....if we can get ourselves straightened out.

Would I be surprised to see us win 4 straight...not at all.

Do I expect that team I saw last not to win a single game....no...no I don't.

Luckily what we need is 'want' and that's easier to come by then talent.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kopitar's shorthanded goal is a perfect example of pucks bouncing their way...or not bouncing our way.

If you look at the replay, he missed the goal. That puck wasn't going in...it was going parallel to the goal line. But it hit off of Elliott's left pad and redirected in.

[youtube][/youtube]

And, of course, we have a couple plays where the puck squirts free and sits on the goal line & doesn't go in or sits in the goal mouth for a couple seconds with a wide open net just sitting there and we can't get it to go in.

I don't think I have ever seen a game where the puck bounced exclusively one team's way all game long. I think that just fueled the frustration and anger for me...and then tack on that the Blues were playing like ass in the 1st period and giving LA so many opportunities, made for a rough night.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO