GDT: 5/6/12 > Game 4 > Blues @ Kings > 2:00 PM > NBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: 5/6/12 > Game 4 > Blues @ Kings > 2:00 PM > NBC

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:Since this place will become a ghost town starting tomorrow, I should ask now... who's interested in fantasy football?
I will be here all summer, but I would be interested in fantasy football. After the Blues' season is over, of course. :mrgreen:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since this place will become a ghost town starting tomorrow, I should ask now... who's interested in fantasy football?
I will be here all summer, but I would be interested in fantasy football. After the Blues' season is over, of course. :mrgreen:
So later this evening we'll talk about setting up the league?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

glen a richter wrote:As an aside, Dave... Rattie is looking like the biggest steal in the draft since forever. At least based on his Portland numbers. Is he the benefactor of a good system or is he just that good?
I've been watching Rattie since he came up. No doubt he benefits playing with Bartschi (probably the better overall player), but Rattie has that hockey sense that puts him in a position to score. His shot is deceptive and quick...and he always knows where to be.

He's not a playmaker or overly physical. It will be interesting to see how he matures. In no way am I saying he will be as good as Brett Hull...but his style of play reminds me of him. Hull was smart away from the puck and didn't mind taking the abuse to get it done. I think that is the way Rattie plays.

Oh, and Mike Johnston is one hell of a coach. So Rattie is learning some good hockey.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Well frank.

And here we go. :facepalm:

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

:gocards:
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Tis over

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

These guys deserve to get swept.

Pull the bandaid off quick and end our suffering.

Let these losers stew on this shit taco for the entire offseason, let this season be perminantly entered into the books and always remember that the 2011-2012 Blues went down like little bitches.

Like a mewing kitten getting mauled by a rottweiler.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

How To Ruin A Perfectly Good Season In Four Games: The Story of the 2011-2012 St. Louis Blues.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm not giving up yet, but I haven't seen the Blues do anything on the ice to prove they are going to make a run at this. But what I've found so interesting after 3 1/3 games in this series so far, is that after all the talk and 'athlete speak' and lineup changes the Blues have been doing, once the game starts the results are the same. The Kings are beating them up everywhere. And once the Blues do score a goal, LA comes right back after. The Blues have only lead for 7 minutes in this series, and that was in their best period of the series so far: 1st period of Game 1. Ever since then it's been all LA. Part of it is the Blues' crappy play (all those zone turnovers) but most of it is that the Kings are just better. The Kings look like a team poised to win the Cup. They just keep coming in wave after wave.

Blues have 2 periods to try to save their season. But I'm not buying in until I see it on the ice.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Why should this version of the Blues be any different from previous versions? Different players, different coaching staff, same bullshit result.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Stupid question time:

1) Hitchcock says the Blues need more skill and speed to beat the Kings size
2) #25 has yet once the entire season to put solid effort into back-to-back games.
3) Jaden Schwartz has skill and speed
4) Answer: Play #25 and Reaves. ????

I get playing Reaves due to the havoc he creates. I don't give a shit what #25 did in Game 3, because he has NEVER shown the entire season he is capable of putting forth that effort in back-to-back games. Heck, his weak ass defensive play led to one of the GAs in game 3.
Last edited by theohall on Sun May 06, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

And that will probably marks Dags' last play in St. Louis. How blindingly stupid was that? Moron.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Followed by a double minor by Scott Nichol. Yet another player who will not be back next year. Absolutely horrid.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Welcome to the Sports Off-Season, kids. Absolutely humiliated in every possible way. Lots of changes still needed.

Same ol' Blues.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Nyghtewynd wrote: Same ol' Blues.
I would not go that far. The Kings top 6 forwards were better. The Blues need "scoring" forwards - like Tarasenko and Schwartz. I am surprised Schwartz never got to play in the playoffs considering the Blues lack of scoring vs the Kings.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Can't say I didn't feel this coming today but tried to be positive. What makes me really angry is that the Blues finally decided to show up to the series in the 2nd period of the Game 4 when they were down 3-0.

I said this in flashchat...the Kings have completely dominated the 1 and 2 seeds in the West. They could win it all. This wasn't even a series. Not even close. The Blues led 7 minutes total in the series.

Anger is starting to set in for me. This is a good team at it's core. 4 games doesn't completely change 82 games worth of good play. It sucks that it ended this way for sure. It will be an interesting offseason, for sure.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Welcome to the Sports Off-Season, kids. Absolutely humiliated in every possible way. Lots of changes still needed.

Same ol' Blues.
Jesus Christ dude, between your posts from last game and this one I'm half surprised you're not slitting your wrists or doing your best to drink a whole bottle of Jack; shit. Pessimism 24/7 is no way to live.

Yea, we got handled this series I'm not going to argue otherwise but your posts still come across as "blow it up start it over" (I know you stated in your last GDT that's not what you mean but it sure sounds like it) and several of these guys I think should stick around.

D'Agostini's numbers are directly proportional to his ice time IMO. He had a lengthy injury this year, and when he was back didn't get much time. Granted he's always been a supplemental scorer but I still think he needs to stick around.

Say what you want about Stewart but that fight was PERFECT timing on his part. We just scored, we were getting back on our horse and he dropped the gloves and gave Nolan a total beat-down. My first thought was that it would be the turning point of the game, and it very well appeared to be.... until Brown made a great play using Petro as a screen and put his sniper hat on :facepalm:

I think we give #25 another shot at it. Doesn't improve next season then deal him during the year or at the deadline, but we've obviously seen the guy has a ton of talent and he's still young; I don't see giving up on him quite yet this offseason.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:... 4 games doesn't completely change 87 games worth of good play...
ftfy.

We can't put our blinders on. We can't forget the fact we won our first playoff series in almost a decade and did so to a team, in 5 games, loaded with playoff experience. Of itself that screams that our system is not broken, we just happened to play a team that plays "our game" way better than we do.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

WaukeeBlues wrote: but your posts still come across as "blow it up start it over" (I know you stated in your last GDT that's not what you mean but it sure sounds like it)
So your entire post was completely pointless. Check.

Reading Comprehension of the Guns.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote: but your posts still come across as "blow it up start it over" (I know you stated in your last GDT that's not what you mean but it sure sounds like it)
So your entire post was completely pointless. Check.

Reading Comprehension of the Guns.
:?:

I then spent the rest of the post arguing why two guys you want gone should stick around.

You're clearly on your brilliant horse today.

edit: Also good to know you have no new material and are forced to recycle jokes from about 8 years ago. Bravo.
Last edited by WaukeeBlues on Sun May 06, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.