Stanley Cup Final: Kings vs. Devils

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Stanley Cup Final: Kings vs. Devils

Post by ohio BLUES »

Snooze.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

_Gassoff
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by _Gassoff »

ohio BLUES wrote:Snooze.
I haven't found the Kings run a snooze at all.

I can't remember as dominant a team in the playoffs since the 1988 Edmonton Oilers. That said, they were very different teams, the Oilers were impossible to stop, an offensive juggernaut. Gretzky alone had 31 assists in the playoffs. 31!

These Kings do it with fore-checking, relentless fore-checking. And they have plenty of stars all buying in the defensive roles. Very, very impressive.
_Gaﻛs●fƒ №3 -- גסוף --> webpages.charter.net/gassoff/
Subscribe to the SIGNAL 7 DEEP CUTS CLASSIC ROCK PODCAST at: http://signal7.podomatic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or at the iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ic/id580050123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Anyone who thought this series would go more than 4 games (myself included) was delusional for thinking that. This Kings team is just unstoppable. Most dominant run, historically, to the Stanley Cup? These guys are making it look easy to win the hardest trophy in sports.

At least they'll win it at home, I hate when a championship is won on the road. Give the fans a chance to celebrate in the moment with their team there.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

It's so unbelievable that this Kings team is an 8 seed. They are steamrolling everyone.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:It's so unbelievable that this Kings team is an 8 seed. They are steamrolling everyone.

This is a team that is 100% 'bought in' and their confidence and relentless play is winning them games in the locker room before they even take the ice. Whether they want to admit it or not, the Devils are worried in warm ups and the Kings are loose and confident. I think is was much the same in the Blues and PHX series.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Of course the kings win it on wednesday, I picked them in 5. Duh!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

America says "snooze" (maybe obviously?): 66 Shows With Better Ratings Than the Cup Finals

I dunno. I've tuned out, hence the "snooze." Good for the Kings, but they are the least interesting team to win the Cup in a long damn time.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

"snooze" is for people who want to see 20 goals a game. If you want outrageously high scoring, watch an NBA game.

Apart from the fact that the Kings beat the Blues, which for what it's worth is the reason I want them to win--It's better to lose to the best than to lose to anyone else--their brand of hockey is extremely exciting. They have a system, they all bought in and they work it like professionals every night. I only wish that the boys in the note are paying attention and have a 100% buy in next season so we can have our turn at a magical run. If you're not excited by a team shattering playoff records en route to their first cup in team history then I'm guessing it's either because of A) jealousy or B) a complete distaste for good defense and a solid system.

Considering the Blues are built around defense and goaltending and if it was us instead of the Kings in the finals I safely predict the current results would be basically the same, I assume it's not choice B because if we were in the exact same position I guarantee no one would be crying "snooze!", and choice A is totally unbecoming. We lost, it sucks, but jealousy doesn't change that.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

glen a richter wrote:"snooze" is for people who want to see 20 goals a game. If you want outrageously high scoring, watch an NBA game.

Apart from the fact that the Kings beat the Blues, which for what it's worth is the reason I want them to win--It's better to lose to the best than to lose to anyone else--their brand of hockey is extremely exciting. They have a system, they all bought in and they work it like professionals every night. I only wish that the boys in the note are paying attention and have a 100% buy in next season so we can have our turn at a magical run. If you're not excited by a team shattering playoff records en route to their first cup in team history then I'm guessing it's either because of A) jealousy or B) a complete distaste for good defense and a solid system.

Considering the Blues are built around defense and goaltending and if it was us instead of the Kings in the finals I safely predict the current results would be basically the same, I assume it's not choice B because if we were in the exact same position I guarantee no one would be crying "snooze!", and choice A is totally unbecoming. We lost, it sucks, but jealousy doesn't change that.
:plusplus: :plusplus: Absolutely I loved the series coming in. How is 2 overtime games a snooze?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Thanks playoff hailstorm... Roof was replaced on Sunday... the 'folks' that installed the roof fucked up the dish.. Directv cant come out till THURSDAY AFTERNOON... assholes
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:"snooze" is for people who want to see 20 goals a game. If you want outrageously high scoring, watch an NBA game.

I think it's more that this year these two teams have just come out of nowhere. I doubt a single person in the country picked these two to be in the Finals when the playoffs started. Yea they represent two of the most populous metropolitan areas in the United States but outside of that (and regular hockey fans) I doubt anyone knows a single d*mn thing about either of these teams.

Penguins had Crosby who everyone watched, Red Wings have been a "traditionally" good team for years and years, the Hawks had the Toews-Kane thing and the "no cup since 1968" going... I don't know. It's tough to put a finger on it but I definitely sense these finals just FEEL different.

And maybe if the Kings weren't just crushing everyone's souls more people would tune in but if everyone knows what's going to happen, why watch? Not my personal views, just saying.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

As for the Kings steamrolling run... I'll quote Jeremy Roenick from last night: There's just not much more to say.

Quick has been outstanding, everyone is firing on all cylinders, from the the moment they took care of the Canucks they had a swagger and confidence that you just can't beat.

Only negative I can see with the Kings' run is that it gives credence to the current widespread practice of firing a coach the moment they start to slip, which I am not a fan of. But it's hard to deny since Sutter took over they've been a completely different team.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

_Gassoff
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by _Gassoff »

WaukeeBlues wrote:

I think it's more that this year these two teams have just come out of nowhere. I doubt a single person in the country picked these two to be in the Finals when the playoffs started. Yea they represent two of the most populous metropolitan areas in the United States but outside of that (and regular hockey fans) I doubt anyone knows a single d*mn thing about either of these teams.

Penguins had Crosby who everyone watched, Red Wings have been a "traditionally" good team for years and years, the Hawks had the Toews-Kane thing and the "no cup since 1968" going... I don't know. It's tough to put a finger on it but I definitely sense these finals just FEEL different.

And maybe if the Kings weren't just crushing everyone's souls more people would tune in but if everyone knows what's going to happen, why watch? Not my personal views, just saying.

Not to be simplistic, but this beats the crap out of watching a Red Wings / Penguins series.
_Gaﻛs●fƒ №3 -- גסוף --> webpages.charter.net/gassoff/
Subscribe to the SIGNAL 7 DEEP CUTS CLASSIC ROCK PODCAST at: http://signal7.podomatic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or at the iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ic/id580050123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Per Bucci on the Twitter: "Kings: 1st NHL team to lead 3-0 in all 4 series (best-of-seven format in all 4 rounds began in 1987)"

The numbers and records this team is putting up blow my mind. I know all their accomplishments have already been talked about earlier in the thread, but I think that number above is the best of all. They beat the 1-2-3 seeds in the West and now they're on the biggest stage of all, and every series they've gone up 3-0. Pure, utter dominance.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Guess who was coaching the Sharks when they eliminated the Blues in the opening round the year the Blues won the President's Trophy.

I won't make you wait. Current LA Kings coach Darryl Sutter. If he sticks to coaching and stays away from GM crap, he could become a great coach.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

theohall wrote:Guess who was coaching the Sharks when they eliminated the Blues in the opening round the year the Blues won the President's Trophy.

I won't make you wait. Current LA Kings coach Darryl Sutter. If he sticks to coaching and stays away from GM crap, he could become a great coach.
Usually for awhile. His teams eventually burn out in a short period of time.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Anyone who thought this series would go more than 4 games (myself included) was delusional for thinking that.
What was that? Isn't a Game 6 about to happen on Monday? ;)
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

There's bad bounces and bad officiating going against the Kings right now. That weird interference call last night being a major turning point in the series. This son of a bitch could go 7. I don't franking believe it, the Devils are doing to the Kings what we were supposed to do the Kings.