Introduce Yourself

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Newbie!!

Post by STLADOGG »

You said your from New York? How did you become a Blues fan?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Mahoney
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Mahoney »

Welcome, Berglund21!!
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Finally, someone else who doesn't hate Bergie. :okman:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Frusciante »

Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself as well.

I'm a swede born in the hometown of Patrik Berglund, Västerås, who's borderline fanatic about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the St Louis Blues. I became a fan about some 10 years ago, when my sister lived in O'Fallon, IL, as an exchange student. I started following the team and when we came to visit her I was hooked. Because the Blues by no means are a priority when swedish channels decide what games to air (guess which team always gets the nod?), it hasn't been the easiest thing in the world to follow them, but since new years even swedish media has become aware of this Blues team, so I'm currently getting a bigger piece of the cake than earlier, which is nice.

Anyways, see y'all around!

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Frusciante wrote:Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself as well.

I'm a swede born in the hometown of Patrik Berglund, Västerås, who's borderline fanatic about the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the St Louis Blues. I became a fan about some 10 years ago, when my sister lived in O'Fallon, IL, as an exchange student. I started following the team and when we came to visit her I was hooked. Because the Blues by no means are a priority when swedish channels decide what games to air (guess which team always gets the nod?), it hasn't been the easiest thing in the world to follow them, but since new years even swedish media has become aware of this Blues team, so I'm currently getting a bigger piece of the cake than earlier, which is nice.

WELCOME!
Did you see the Blues play in Europe against Likoping?

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Hi, I'm ViPeRx007. I'm from Montana. Bye!
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Hi, I'm ViPeRx007. I'm from Montana. Bye!
:lol:

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

Winning Unlimited wrote:
Frusciante wrote:Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself as well.

WELCOME!
Did you see the Blues play in Europe against Likoping?
Thank you!
Unfortunately I didn't, since I was living in Italy at the time...

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Aw, what the Hull....

I've been around LGB for several years now, but only recently began posting again. Life priorities change and change again - discretionary time allows me to lurk/post again.

Anyway, I'm a StL native and my first name is Dan.... :shock:

Born in the city, grew up in NoCo.

First Blues memory: Probably about 9 or 10 years old, McDonnell Douglas NIght at The Checkerdome in the late 70's/early 80's. My dad always parked in front of the row houses east of Imo's along/Cardinal Glenn Hospital along Oakland Ave. Slushy, cold walk to the Barn...trying to peer inside Imo's fogged up windows hoping to get a glimpse of what was responsible for that wonderful, mouth watering aroma. Into the Barn with what seemed like a million people then up the stairs and down the narrow corridors and eventually steep, rickety climb up metal stairs to our perch to one end overlooking Liut. The memory of the sheer verticality of those seats still make me shutter with excitement. Names like Unger, Babych, Zuke, Crombeen, Peterson and #24 Federko are etched in memory.

After the game, I got to put on my skates and skate around the rink for 30 minutes before heading upstairs to the old club for autographs. I remember getting D Bryan Maxwell's sig on a pennant.....not sure where that is right now. Gotta dig it out and take a look.

Factoid
Named my first son Brendan (wife's cousin informed us she was naming her son Brett, so we held off)....second son named Brett (born on day Blues retired #16 - 12/05/2006....third son Brock (went with a Cards name).....

:goblues: :hawkssuck: :detsucks: :gocards:

StL sports fan til the day i die and into eternity!
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

StL Dan wrote:Into the Barn with what seemed like a million people then up the stairs and down the narrow corridors and eventually steep, rickety climb up metal stairs to our perch to one end overlooking Liut. The memory of the sheer verticality of those seats still make me shutter with excitement. Names like Unger, Babych, Zuke, Crombeen, Peterson and #24 Federko are etched in memory.
I vividly remember the rickety steep metal stairs going up to the suspended gondola-like stands at the arena ends up high. We sat up there more than a few times...and I believe those are where The Jr. Bluenote Club seats were...which my brothers and I were members for years.

They don't make arenas like that anymore...I guess that's good and bad. :lol:

Good times.[/quote]

Here's some stuff from me...

My first Blues memory was watching on Channel 11 back in the early 80's...I must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade I guess...no idea really. On TV, the Arena always appeared smokey/hazy and dimly lit on the inside. But I remember getting so excited when I was changing channels and found out a game was on. I remember the broadcast being sponsored by Bud Sports with bad on screen graphics showing who was playing who. I would lay on the floor, probably 3 or 4 feet from our console tv (or whatever those tv's that used to sit on the floor were called).

I also have an early memory of being at a bowling alley when my parents were bowling, and I went to the snack bar and saw the game on tv and watched for a while. For some reason I remember seeing Wamsley in net that night and that always stuck with me.

My earliest in person Arena memory was when my dad took my brother and I to our first game back in the mid-late 80's. We were in line outside the front of the Arena and I remember seeing the cars parked in a roped off area in front and wondering if those were the cars of the players. At the side of the arena, there was a pile of snow...but it hadn't snowed. I assumed at the time it was from the Zamboni or something. We entered the Arena under those tall arches. I remember lots of concrete and lots of people. Kind of cold/musty/damp and intimidating for a kid, but man was I excited. I remember seeing mostly worn-off yellow "standing room only" painted on the floor as I walked over it on the way to our seats. And for some reason I remember it being semi-dark in the concourse behind the seats up top. I remember the top of the arena and those drooping canvas-like things hanging from the ceiling. No idea what those were...I always assumed it had something to do with keeping the arena cooler, but now I think it may have been just to hide the ugly interior of the roof or something...or maybe sound dampeners?

The game was against Detroit. The Blues won, the game, 3-2 I believe... and I remember screaming "get the puck out" near the end of the game when Detroit was trying to tie it up late. I remember nothing else about the game itself. But I mainly remember being in awe of the Arena. That building was old and beat up, but it was cool as hell. I'm going to say that I maybe went to 15 games or so there.

I remember some of the old inbetween period contests at the Arena. Channel 11 televised the games at the time and Cheers was also on Ch. 11 at night then. They had contestants fling 8ft. tall Ch.11 & Cheers beer mugs on wheels (kind of like a janitors trash can has in that it could roll in any direction) from center ice and try to get them to stop inside one of the faceoff circles. Weird.

I have 5 seats from the Arena. One padded yellow one on a stand and a section and seat number certificate (very nice) that I bought off of an LGB member a long time ago...and I have 4 blue ones all hooked together (no stand...yet) that I will do something with eventually.

I was at game #4 of the sweep of the Blackhawks in '93. Best game I have ever been to in person. And then I remember the grueling & sad 7 game series against Toronto in Rd. 2 that year...at the same time as the great flood of '93 was going on. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago now.

I started this site just over 10 years ago.

I have watched two games from inside the KMOX box...both times I sat right next to Kerber as he called the game. That was a blast.

Went to a bachelor party at a game once. We stood at Top Shelf and watched the Blues beat the Bruins in a shootout in front of us, while the Cardinals were winning (and eventually won) a playoff game en route to their 2006 Championship on a tv behind us. It was the Suppan home run game...that was pretty cool.

Went to something like 6 straight home openers before life started to get in the way of going to games.

I was a season ticket holder for three years back in the mid-2000's.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Name is Kevin. I currently live in Dallas, Texas. However, I was born in Kansas City. My parents moved down to Texas when I was about 2. I began to like hockey around age 12, and chose the Blues as my team because of my birthplace. Anddddddd yes I am a Stars fan as well. But Blues come first.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

bluesgirl5
Prospect
Prospect

Post by bluesgirl5 »

I'm Tanya. I was bluesgirl5 on the blues forum. Went to log in after a long time of not visiting, and I can't seem to find it lol. People might remember me from there as the goof who tore my ACL at the first free food game back in 07 =) I've been a Blues fan since 93.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Yay. Fresh meat.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Prng44, let's be mindful of the fact that it's been a long (Franking) time since this place had any active female members. Let's not drive her away, shall we?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

bluesgirl5
Prospect
Prospect

Post by bluesgirl5 »

glen a richter wrote:Prng44, let's be mindful of the fact that it's been a long (Frank) time since this place had any active female members. Let's not drive her away, shall we?
How many active female members are there? lol I'm not easily scared, so no worries there. I was on the other forum for 7 or so years and I could handle the idiots there.

Just noticed you're from Long Island. I was just there on vacation.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

bluesgirl5 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Prng44, let's be mindful of the fact that it's been a long (Frank) time since this place had any active female members. Let's not drive her away, shall we?
How many active female members are there? lol I'm not easily scared, so no worries there. I was on the other forum for 7 or so years and I could handle the idiots there.

Just noticed you're from Long Island. I was just there on vacation.
I'm almost certain there's none anymore, except you now. We had a few a couple years back who would on occasion join us in flashchat. Whereabouts on Long Island did you visit?

bluesgirl5
Prospect
Prospect

Post by bluesgirl5 »

Hicksville area. Went to Baldwin for a wedding and Islip for a family picnic. Drove there and then down to Orlando for a week. Long freaking drive.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

bluesgirl5 wrote:Hicksville area. Went to Baldwin for a wedding and Islip for a family picnic. Drove there and then down to Orlando for a week. Long freaking drive.
Grew up in West Islip, live near Hicksville now. That is a hell of a drive to Orlando from here, good god. When I was 2, my whole family piled into the car and drove to Disney. To this day I haven't got a clue what my parents were thinking putting three kids 10, 8 and 2 in a car and driving there instead of just buying 5 plane tickets and saving all the trouble.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Yes yes. My post was ONLY directed at the female and not the other 4-5 additional posters who've introduced themselves.

Let's not jump to conclusions shall we?

bluesgirl5
Prospect
Prospect

Post by bluesgirl5 »

glen a richter wrote:
bluesgirl5 wrote:Hicksville area. Went to Baldwin for a wedding and Islip for a family picnic. Drove there and then down to Orlando for a week. Long freaking drive.
Grew up in West Islip, live near Hicksville now. That is a hell of a drive to Orlando from here, good god. When I was 2, my whole family piled into the car and drove to Disney. To this day I haven't got a clue what my parents were thinking putting three kids 10, 8 and 2 in a car and driving there instead of just buying 5 plane tickets and saving all the trouble.
We had 5 people in the van. My husband, myself, our 7 year old daughter and his 70 year old parents. I would have much rather flown. Not driving next year lol. I've only been to NY 4 times, but I ended up being the one to drive. My inlaws are from Island Park and Brooklyn, but I seem to remember how to get around better than they do.