Introduce Yourself

Discuss the St. Louis Cardinals or anything MLB.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby glen a richter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Prngr44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Prng44, let's be mindful of the fact that it's been a long (Frank) time since this place had any active female members. Let's not drive her away, shall we?


Yes yes. My post was ONLY directed at the female and not the other 4-5 additional posters who've introduced themselves.

Let's not jump to conclusions shall we?


Just making sure
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6896
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby glen a richter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm

bluesgirl5 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
bluesgirl5 wrote:Hicksville area. Went to Baldwin for a wedding and Islip for a family picnic. Drove there and then down to Orlando for a week. Long freaking drive.


Grew up in West Islip, live near Hicksville now. That is a hell of a drive to Orlando from here, good god. When I was 2, my whole family piled into the car and drove to Disney. To this day I haven't got a clue what my parents were thinking putting three kids 10, 8 and 2 in a car and driving there instead of just buying 5 plane tickets and saving all the trouble.


We had 5 people in the van. My husband, myself, our 7 year old daughter and his 70 year old parents. I would have much rather flown. Not driving next year lol. I've only been to NY 4 times, but I ended up being the one to drive. My inlaws are from Island Park and Brooklyn, but I seem to remember how to get around better than they do.


How long is the drive from St. Louis to NY?
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6896
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby bluesgirl5 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:48 am

glen a richter wrote:
bluesgirl5 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
bluesgirl5 wrote:Hicksville area. Went to Baldwin for a wedding and Islip for a family picnic. Drove there and then down to Orlando for a week. Long freaking drive.


Grew up in West Islip, live near Hicksville now. That is a hell of a drive to Orlando from here, good god. When I was 2, my whole family piled into the car and drove to Disney. To this day I haven't got a clue what my parents were thinking putting three kids 10, 8 and 2 in a car and driving there instead of just buying 5 plane tickets and saving all the trouble.


We had 5 people in the van. My husband, myself, our 7 year old daughter and his 70 year old parents. I would have much rather flown. Not driving next year lol. I've only been to NY 4 times, but I ended up being the one to drive. My inlaws are from Island Park and Brooklyn, but I seem to remember how to get around better than they do.


How long is the drive from St. Louis to NY?



It's about 17 hours. We always stop overnight and make it a 2 day trip. Usually stop in PA somewhere.
bluesgirl5
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Blob Mackenzie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 am

I'm Blob Mackenzie and I'm an alcoholic.
Blob Mackenzie
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby cprice12 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Blob Mackenzie wrote:I'm Blob Mackenzie and I'm an alcoholic.

The same Blob Mackenzie from the Vancouver forums?

You're like royalty. :wink:
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19251
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Blob Mackenzie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 pm

cprice12 wrote:
Blob Mackenzie wrote:I'm Blob Mackenzie and I'm an alcoholic.

The same Blob Mackenzie from the Vancouver forums?

You're like royalty. :wink:


tis me Curt. I usually hang out at canuckscorner.....in the past at central too before its demise. Pls don't associate me with hf or cdc..... yuck .

I think i posted here in the past but I forgot my password and my email has changed. I have been a closet Blues fan for probably 20 years or so.....kinda like being a Yankees fan and a Reds fan I am a bit confused I guess. Hope to hang around and contribute and not piss anyone off too much. Is Berglund available if we can't sign Edler ?? :wink:
Blob Mackenzie
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby cprice12 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 am

Blob Mackenzie wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Blob Mackenzie wrote:I'm Blob Mackenzie and I'm an alcoholic.

The same Blob Mackenzie from the Vancouver forums?

You're like royalty. :wink:


tis me Curt. I usually hang out at canuckscorner.....in the past at central too before its demise. Pls don't associate me with hf or cdc..... yuck .

I think i posted here in the past but I forgot my password and my email has changed. I have been a closet Blues fan for probably 20 years or so.....kinda like being a Yankees fan and a Reds fan I am a bit confused I guess. Hope to hang around and contribute and not piss anyone off too much. Is Berglund available if we can't sign Edler ?? :wink:


Eh...you won't piss off too many. It's always fun to have fans of other teams around.
I'm sure we can work out a deal for Berglund, as long as we don't get Burrows in the deal. :okman:

Welcome aboard.
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19251
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 am

Hi, I'm ViPeRx007. Apparently I'm new here.
Image
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby dr313 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm

dr313 here, known about the board for sometime and just made the way over. Been bleeding blue for a while now 86' to be exact. Seen the team at its best and worst, and I am still here and don't plan on going anywhere.
User avatar
dr313
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Highland IL

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby STLADOGG » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

dr313 wrote:dr313 here, known about the board for sometime and just made the way over. Been bleeding blue for a while now 86' to be exact. Seen the team at its best and worst, and I am still here and don't plan on going anywhere.

you have 313 in your name, are you from Detroit?
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Roman Polak
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby dr313 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 pm

STLADOGG wrote:
dr313 wrote:dr313 here, known about the board for sometime and just made the way over. Been bleeding blue for a while now 86' to be exact. Seen the team at its best and worst, and I am still here and don't plan on going anywhere.

you have 313 in your name, are you from Detroit?


Nope not from Detroit, just always used the number 313 its my favorite number.
User avatar
dr313
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm
Location: Highland IL

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby STLADOGG » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm

dr313 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
dr313 wrote:dr313 here, known about the board for sometime and just made the way over. Been bleeding blue for a while now 86' to be exact. Seen the team at its best and worst, and I am still here and don't plan on going anywhere.

you have 313 in your name, are you from Detroit?


Nope not from Detroit, just always used the number 313 its my favorite number.

Good lol
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Roman Polak
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby rebelmusic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi! I'm not new.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!
User avatar
rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: The City of U

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby ramsfan115 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi, been here for a while, but lost my password, so had to get a new screen name, so I will be the poster formerly known as Bluesfan115... 8)
ramsfan115
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby FlightMedicBlues » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 am

Good morning! I am Tony and I have been a Blues fan since I can remember sitting at home with my dad watching Brett Hull and Adam Oats do their magic at the Old Barn. I am soon to be 29 years old in 4 days and a proud father of one 5 month old daughter. It was so neat to be able to take her to her first Blues practice and watch her eyes light up at all the things around the rink to see and hear. My wife and I have not missed an opening season game at the Scott since we have been together. This year it was different to sit at home and watch the opener from the couch. That said, I can not wait until I can take my faimly to our first family home opener! Well Thats enough about me, I love hockey and I am a very passionate fan. I hope to get into some great discussions here on lets go blues for a long time to come!
Tony- from Franklin County MO
FlightMedicBlues
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby cprice12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 pm

FlightMedicBlues wrote:Good morning! I am Tony and I have been a Blues fan since I can remember sitting at home with my dad watching Brett Hull and Adam Oats do their magic at the Old Barn. I am soon to be 29 years old in 4 days and a proud father of one 5 month old daughter. It was so neat to be able to take her to her first Blues practice and watch her eyes light up at all the things around the rink to see and hear. My wife and I have not missed an opening season game at the Scott since we have been together. This year it was different to sit at home and watch the opener from the couch. That said, I can not wait until I can take my faimly to our first family home opener! Well Thats enough about me, I love hockey and I am a very passionate fan. I hope to get into some great discussions here on lets go blues for a long time to come!
Tony- from Franklin County MO


Welcome aboard!
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19251
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Shanahan19 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi, Blues fan in New Mexico right now. First game was way back in the early 90's against the Hawks at the old Barn and, yes, the Blues won. I still love the era of Hull, Shanahan (favorite player of all time), Joesph. My top two favorite memories are when we swept the Hawks and ol Eddie lost his mind and physically assaulted his net and the high scoring rape we conducted on Ottawa back in the 90's.

This site is great and very valuable to us fans not in the St. Louis area. Hopefully, I will be back by the fall.
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994
User avatar
Shanahan19
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Wildwood, Missouri

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby cprice12 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Shanahan19 wrote:Hi, Blues fan in New Mexico right now. First game was way back in the early 90's against the Hawks at the old Barn and, yes, the Blues won. I still love the era of Hull, Shanahan (favorite player of all time), Joesph. My top two favorite memories are when we swept the Hawks and ol Eddie lost his mind and physically assaulted his net and the high scoring rape we conducted on Ottawa back in the 90's.

This site is great and very valuable to us fans not in the St. Louis area. Hopefully, I will be back by the fall.


Glad you enjoy the site! Welcome!
I was at game #4 when the Blues swept the Hawks out of the playoffs...and Belfour "lost his mind". The tv camera cut away right before Belfour threw his stick...he threw it at Rob Shick. I'm not sure why he wasn't fined/suspended for that.
Anyway... I have very fond memories of the Hull, Shanahan, Joseph era as well. Good times. It was a time in my life where I had zero responsibilities except for school. So it was either school or hockey. I would take a newspaper to school and just analyze the box scores from around the league all day long in class.
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19251
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby heff » Thu May 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi, I'm heff. I'm 28, I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and I (Frank) hate the Red Wings. I became a fan in the mid-90's while living in St. Louis. My dad was going to Concordia seminary at the time.

Can't wait to talk hockey with other Blues fans finally!
User avatar
heff
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:29 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby dmiles2186 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:15 pm

heff wrote:Hi, I'm heff. I'm 28, I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and I (Frank) hate the Red Wings. I became a fan in the mid-90's while living in St. Louis. My dad was going to Concordia seminary at the time.

Can't wait to talk hockey with other Blues fans finally!


Welcome. We do a fair share of ball bustin' here but it's all in good fun. GREAT avatar, by the way.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5373
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Cardinals Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest