Any Swedes here? (WC2013)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Any Swedes here? (WC2013)

Post by Jaykay »

Hi all,

Are there any Swedes (Stockholm) here?

I am going to the WC next may in Stockholm - are there any Stockholms (sp?) here? Any one else planning to go to the WC2013 in Sweden? Yeah I know, US-Boys play in Finlan, but Switzerland will play in Stockholm :aaaa:

Greetings from Biel, Switzerland,

Jaykay (formerly know as swissblue)

:letsgoblues: :banana:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Any Swedes here? (WC2013)

Post by STLADOGG »

I'm not, but that's got to be pretty cool to have it in your country.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

I'm sure, you just did NOT mix up Sweden with Switzerland, didn't you? :D

Well the confusion surely is because of the lack of my english-skills ;)

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

lol you know I actually was like maybe something was not right, should've reread. Well cool that your going to it.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

I'm swedish but live in the south of Sweden, close to Denmark. I actually thought of watching some games live when they played the WC in Stockholm this spring, but the ticket-prices where absolutely ridicilous. I've heard they've cut the prices a bit this year, but I'm still not interested in seeing (with all due respect) a swedish team almost without (hopefully) NHL players playing nations like Belarus, Switzerland and Norway... It might have been interesting watching one of the big guns like Russia or Canada but then again you just know those games are gonna cost a small fortune.

But I'd absolutely recommend you to go to Stockholm, if not for the hockey then for the fact that it is a really beautiful city. All the best! :)

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

Well thank you :)

I'm not sure, I think they learned from the half-empty arena last year. I go with 3 Buddys and we see 5 games (if I remember correctly one is even Sweden-Canada)

So 4 people for 5 games make 20 tickets and we pay 1k Euros for all the 20 tickets, which makes an average of 50 Euros per ticket (always other places from top-seats for Swiss-Games to rather cheap-seats for the other games). I think that's not too cheap, but still ok (if there will be some swedish cheerleaders in the crowd :grin: )

So 5 beers (is it right that one beer is around 10 Euros, as everyone is telling me?) for a ticket, sounds good to me

:cup:

Actually Tickets and Flight are booked, we just are looking for a hotel, and then we're ready to go

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

I would agree that it does seem like they somehow have learned their lesson from last season, which is good.

As for the beer I don't know what they charge at the arena but in sweden you usually get a beer for about 4-5 euros, so you should be fine. :)