NHL and NHLPA Reach Deal on Collective Bargaining Agreement

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

NHL and NHLPA Reach Deal on Collective Bargaining Agreement

Post by stinkdified »

per TSN (and twitter is blowin up).
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A tentative deal on a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement has been reached between the National Hockey League and NHL Players' Association.

The next stage is documentation and ratification of the deal with the start date and number of games in the 2012-13 season still to be announced depending on how long the final process takes.

"We have reached an agreement on the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed to reporters early Sunday morning. ""I want to thank Don Fehr. We still have more work to do, but it's good to be at this point."

According to TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward and TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the agreement features the following elements:

- The league coming off their demand for a $60 million cap in Year 2, meeting the NHLPA's request to have it at $64.3 million - which was the upper limit from last year's cap. The salary floor in Year 2 will be $44 million.

- The 10-year deal also has an opt-out clause that kicks in after eight years.

- The salary variance on contracts year to year cannot vary more than 35 per cent and the final year cannot vary more than 50 per cent of the first year.

- A player contract term limit will be seven years and eight years for a team signing its own player.

Both sides met face-to-face along with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh for 16 straight hours from Saturday afternoon through the early hours of Sunday morning to get the deal done. The two sides spent Friday in separate rooms while Beckenbaugh went back and forth to each group searching for middle ground on the unresolved issues between the two sides.

Depending on when a new CBA is reached, the league - according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun - has 50-game and 48-game schedules drawn up. NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has said a regular season schedule of at least 48 games must begin by Jan. 19. The existing 2012-13 NHL schedule was already canceled through Jan. 14.

The NHL and NHLPA had been without a CBA since the previous one expired just before midnight on Sept. 15.

More details to follow.

Click on to TSN.ca for all the details as they are made available and follow TSN's Hockey Insiders on Twitter for the latest from New York. And follow TSN, TSN Mobile and TSN Radio for full coverage.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: NHL and NHLPA Reach Deal on Collective Bargaining Agreem

Post by sseagle »

:aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa:

ITS ABOUT (Franking) TIME
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

Yay, I'm glad for you guys! It was nice having all those guys over here, but I still prefer to watch NHL and our league separately :)

So, what else? yeah, right: :goblues: :cup:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

SCCCOOOORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! About f'n time.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

I believe its too little late at this point. Many fans like myself really dont care anymore. But oh well. When I'm not working on my house I may watch a game before I go to sleep.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

About. Franking. Time. Bettman still needs to be fired. Time to roll out the Tank!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

So 2022-2023, prepare for another lengthy lockout.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

You mean 2020-2021 when they opt out.

Anyway happy to have hockey again hoping for a 50 game season. But you still won't see me buy a regular season ticket. Now if the blues would like to comp me and others a ticket sure I'll go, but we all know that would never happen. I won't lie though if the blues make the playoffs I might just might buy a ticket or two

Question for season ticket holders can you guys refund the rest of your tickets or are you stuck with what you got.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

the important question is: Will Tarasenko be coming stateside for the abridged season?

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

We called him up to start the season so I would say he has to according to contract, that or we wasted a year off his contract like we did Swartz.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

It hasn't really sunk in yet.
I'm happy, but apprehensive for some reason.
I'm sure once I start seeing interviews, seeing practices, see the schedule, and then when I wake up on the first game day...yeah...it will hit me and I'll be stoked.

I'm not going to let Bettman and Fehr destroy my love for this game.
I'm pissed...I'm frustrated...I'm irritated, but I live and die with this team. I've been dying for the past few months. Time to start living again.

Out of principle, I'm not going to be spending any money on anything NHL for a while. But I'll be watching on TV. I'll probably go to some games later in the year, after the boycott by Just Drop It is over...however many games that is.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:the important question is: Will Tarasenko be coming stateside for the abridged season?
Panger tweeted that yes, we will see the Tank this year.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Holy franking ship. I never believed they would actually get a deal done. So freaking happy they did though. I'm so torn, I've gone to home opener past few years and it's something I wanted to continue but I dunno... I think I'm going to stick with what I said before. I'm not giving them any money. No center ice, no more merchandise, nothing. I'm finding a stream online and watching what games I can.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

cprice12 wrote:I'm sure once I start seeing interviews, seeing practices, see the schedule, and then when I wake up on the first game day...yeah...it will hit me and I'll be stoked.

I'm not going to let Bettman and Fehr destroy my love for this game.
I'm pissed...I'm frustrated...I'm irritated, but I live and die with this team. I've been dying for the past few months. Time to start living again.
Well said I don't think I could ever lose my love of the game.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I see the word "tentative" in the statement and want to remind everyone that bettman can still (Frank) this up.

I will wait until it's ratified and a the players are in camp before I get excited.

It's good news, no doubt, I am just going to wait a bit before I celebrate.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I saw somewhere this week that Daly was the one at the table, not Bettman. And, everytime recently I saw somebody from the NHL quoted, it was Daly. I wonder if there is any significance to that.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I'm not sure what to think. On a base level, I'm excited to see the Blues. On a rational level, I feel like I'm a stupid sheep if I give them a dime of my money.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm not giving any NHL team a dime of my money. My wife was all excited when she heard, she said we could go to a game this season and I said absolutely not. So she said that's fine, she'll go with my dad and I told her he won't go either. I know my dad, he wouldn't spend a penny supporting these guys this year, and probably not the next 10 years either. Maybe if she's lucky someone will spring to get her tickets for Christmas, but other than that she's pretty much on her own at least for this and next year.

ReelBluesFan887
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ReelBluesFan887 »

Good to see most of you are still here. I was wondering how many of you drank the 'magic' kool-aid after the season went to lockout. I'm ready for some hookeyz for sure and looking forward to seeing the Tank play. I just don't get all these people saying that they are going to boycot the season completely. I understand not giving them money for jerseys, tickets, and what not, but not even watching the games? I'm just glad it's back. I was starting to look at NFL and NBA for sports to watch this time of year, yikes.
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ReelBluesFan887 wrote:I was starting to look at NFL and NBA for sports to watch this time of year, yikes.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was actually excited when Fox Sports Midwest announced it would be carrying Pacers games. Glad the Blues will be back within just a few short weeks.