GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Post by sseagle »

WHAT A STUPENDOUS SHITTACULAR (Franking) DISPLAY

SUICIDES UNTIL 2000 TOMORROW.

GET SOME SLEEP, KILL THE DUCKS
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

And just in case you don't think it's time to panic, we are now eight points behind Chicago, only beating CLB in the division, and may be out of the playoffs by the end of the night. It is darn well time to panic.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I want the Blues of January back.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

We're not making the playoffs. End of story. With the season's schedule consisting heavily on divisional teams, we're toast. Give this a few weeks and the fans might be demanding Hitch's head on a platter.

Anyone that wants to blame Elliott, feel free. Anyone that wants to blame the D, go for it. Anyone that wants to blame the offense, go for it. But the truth is, we do not have the amount of elite players necessary to make it to the next step. Tank's only been here for 9 games and has made a difference but he is one player. The majority we have are either in development or nearing past their prime. Stillman needs to stop screwing around and get us elites before this train ride really is over. Bottom line is, we can not compete against the teams we need to win against, I don't care how many iddy biddy teams or throwaway wins we get due to our netminder standing on our head, we continue to settle for luck when we should settle for skill. A win is NOT a win if it doesn't get us the Cup.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Piss poor display. This team is going absolutely nowhere.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

It's 10 games into a 48 game season. As frustrated as I am, there's no way anyone can say that the season is over. No way. 3 games ago we were planning a Stanley Cup parade. It's a large bump in the road. Now they've got to turn it around.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

We can't have a new coach come in every year and decide were gonna play good.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

You want to wake this team up? Spank the golden boys. Sit DP and demote Backes. Top line of 17-21-91, second line 10-20-74, third line 36-42-25. (swap 74 and 25 if you want)...how about a fourth line of 12 centering 75 and a called up Porter (send down Schwartz)?

Reward those who are still doing the 'little things'. At least fighting and moving their skates.

We noted it early on about how this team was playing too loose/reckless. Everyone was excited by the offense but the underlying irresponsibility was visible the entire time.

Fixing the defense is much harder, we need a true partner for 27 and then things can fall in line from there. I don't think that player is currently in the organization. If they can't, Petro is going to have to back off his aggressive offensive play and I don't think that's really what we want.

The goal-tending will work itself out when Halak is back (I hope).

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

DaDitka wrote:You want to wake this team up? Spank the golden boys. Sit DP
DP looks awesome lately, looks like a 7 foot guy controlling the puck.
TW Tiger Woods TW

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

STLADOGG wrote:

Yeah, JR was on with Bernie and said that his "trying to stick handle through two or thee guys" is really pissing Hitch off. He wants less selfish play and more shots on net.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

DaDitka wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:

Yeah, JR was on with Bernie and said that his "trying to stick handle through two or thee guys" is really pissing Hitch off. He wants less selfish play and more shots on net.
Yeah I can see that. Now that I think about it, most of those plays end up as turnovers when he finally decides to pass.
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

I am officially back in the Chris Stewart can go suck eggs camp. He get promoted to the Steen/MacDonald line and decides he no longer has to backcheck, apparently, directly resulting in a goal since the 2 of the other three attackers had defenseman on them. Screw this guy. Trade him already.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

:lol: :lol:
Where is the bi-polar meter?

I'm as pissed off as anyone, but last Friday, a lot of people around the NHL had the Blues as their choice to get to the finals and possibly win the cup. Skip ahead just 3 games, and now you guys are saying we'll miss the playoffs?

I know we've been awful the last two games (with our #1 goalie hurt BTW), but it's not like there are only 10 games left in the season...we've only played 10 flippin' games. Almost 80% of the season is left. :lol:

I'm just going to forget the last two and a half games. They were horrible and I don't care to dwell on it because this team is better than that.
The Blues weren't going to win 6 out of every 7 games. That was an impossible pace.

Yeah, we're 8 pts. behind Chicago, but they haven't lost in regulation yet...they're ahead of everyone by a nice chunk right now, and they'll come down to earth sooner or later. We're 3 pts. out of 2nd in the conference.

Ups and downs people. Every team has them, every year.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cprice12 wrote::lol: :lol:

I'm as pissed off as anyone, but last Friday, a lot of people around the NHL had the Blues as their choice to get to the finals and possibly win the cup. Skip ahead just 3 games, and now you guys are saying we'll miss the playoffs?

I know we've been awful the last two games (with our #1 goalie hurt BTW), but it's not like there are only 10 games left in the season...we've only played 10 flippin' games. Almost 80% of the season is left. :lol:

I'm just going to forget the last two and a half games. They were horrible and I don't care to dwell on it because this team is better than that.
The Blues weren't going to win 6 out of every 7 games. That was an impossible pace.

Yeah, we're 8 pts. behind Chicago, but they haven't lost in regulation yet...they're ahead of everyone by a nice chunk right now, and they'll come down to earth sooner or later. We're 3 pts. out of 2nd in the conference.

All understood. But what I am seeing from Chris Stewart is the exact same BS way he played whenever he was "promoted" last season. He lacks any imagination with the puck, still struggles in board battles, and does not play responsibly at all defensively. Being in better shape doesn't matter squat without all the other things.

Over the past two games, the Blues look just like they did vs the LA Kings in the playoffs. No bounces going the Blues way and every mistake seems to turn into a goal against. Even positive things disappear, just like happened vs the Kings. Yes, it will change.

One thing for sure, no matter who Tarasenko is playing with - his line generates pressure. Can't say the same for Chris Stewart. The lines he has been on have done very little in 5-on-5 play and that was glaringly evident with the 10-20-25 line doing almost nothing vs Detroit.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Ducks got clipped tonight, and they have to travel to our barn.

Lets ring up some tittays..

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

It's not about how many games there is. Has nothing to do with it.

The schedule is rigged towards a good chunk of inter-division teams. We lose all of those and our chances of making the playoffs are in danger. Three of these teams we have always had issues beating. But say for the sake of argument that we make the playoffs. Who do we have a better chance of playing, a division rival or someone else? And say we play someone else, say the Yotes or the Sharks, just for the sake of argument, we will end up playing a division rival somewhere up the pipe and I don't care if we somehow win the President's Trophy or not this year, the bottom line is when we run into that rival, we're going down.

The point is NOT to just make the playoffs. The point is to win it all. That's what they practice all year, that's why we play games. We're not competing for statistics or to say we make the playoffs x year or didn't make it y year, NO ONE REMEMBERS THAT. All they remember is if you won it all. Or not.

As it stands, we are the only Second Six team left who has not won the Cup. And for me that is unacceptable. It should be unacceptable to the front office and unacceptable to the management and this team. But they play like garbage and they have played like garbage and lulled at the times when they needed to play the hardest. These guys know what they're supposed to do and they do not do it. They won't do it to win a Cup and they don't even try. They laid down and died in front of LA last year. No effort. No nothing except for a Chris Stewart attempt to turn the tide psychologically and that is sad. And now we're seeing more of this display. Unacceptable.

This team will NOT do what it takes to win the Cup. They flat out do not care. And their play shows it. Yeah, we shot down Detroit in Game One, but tell me, you going to count a lame duck in as a skilled adversary for us? Is that where the true level of our bar is held at? Sure looks that way.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Oaklandblue wrote:

The schedule is rigged towards a good chunk of inter-division teams. We lose all of those and our chances of making the playoffs are in danger. Three of these teams we have always had issues beating. But say for the sake of argument that we make the playoffs. Who do we have a better chance of playing, a division rival or someone else? And say we play someone else, say the Yotes or the Sharks, just for the sake of argument, we will end up playing a division rival somewhere up the pipe and I don't care if we somehow win the President's Trophy or not this year, the bottom line is when we run into that rival, we're going down.
It sounds like you are predicting the Central to run the table against us the rest of the year. Is that really what you're saying?
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

cardsfan04 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:

It sounds like you are predicting the Central to run the table against us the rest of the year. Is that really what you're saying?
1/22/13 - 3-2 Hawks
2/01/13 - 5-3 Wings
2/05/13 - 6-1 Preds
2/07/13 - 5-1 Wings

And I'm not going to list the lame duck Wings 6-0 blowout on a team that even the Leafs could have beaten with their fourth line OR the 4-3 Shootout Win that could have gone either way with the Preds.

In short, I don't have to predict a damn thing. They're doing it. We play another 10 games against inter-division rivals. Do the math.

So what are we doing about it? So far, absolutely nothing.
Last edited by Oaklandblue on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

The California Golden Seals will NEVER win the cup.

The Leafs haven't won since the Blues have been in the league.

No Canadian team has won since 1993.

SAUSAGE

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

sseagle wrote:The California Golden Seals will NEVER win the cup.
Considering they merged with the North Stars and they moved to Dallas, technically they have.

Fun fact time: Anyone that owns the NHL game for the Sega Dreamcast, I forget what it's called now, but one of the alternate jerseys for the Dallas Stars is the Seals jersey.