GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby Shanahan19 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:32 am

Oaklandblue wrote:
The point is NOT to just make the playoffs. The point is to win it all. That's what they practice all year, that's why we play games. We're not competing for statistics or to say we make the playoffs x year or didn't make it y year, NO ONE REMEMBERS THAT. All they remember is if you won it all. Or not.

As it stands, we are the only Second Six team left who has not won the Cup. And for me that is unacceptable. It should be unacceptable to the front office and unacceptable to the management and this team. But they play like garbage and they have played like garbage and lulled at the times when they needed to play the hardest. These guys know what they're supposed to do and they do not do it. They won't do it to win a Cup and they don't even try. They laid down and died in front of LA last year. No effort. No nothing except for a Chris Stewart attempt to turn the tide psychologically and that is sad. And now we're seeing more of this display. Unacceptable.

This team will NOT do what it takes to win the Cup. They flat out do not care. And their play shows it. Yeah, we shot down Detroit in Game One, but tell me, you going to count a lame duck in as a skilled adversary for us? Is that where the true level of our bar is held at? Sure looks that way.


This.

How the Blues have not stolen perfect examples of how to build a long term Cup winner/contender when the greatest example of the modern era is in our division (Detroit) is beyond me.

St. Louis has long tolerated the low bar of playoff experiences over real, epic playoff pain of conference and finals losing to learn how to win the Cup. It's much easier to die off in the first or second round than risk that crushing feeling of dying in the Finals and having to learn what it really takes to be champions.

This team does have the potential to be a great team. But in our tradition we seem to get to a certain point of "good enough" and stop.
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994
User avatar
Shanahan19
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Wildwood, Missouri

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby Toasted Oates » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 am

Oakland--your extreme pessimism is a total buzz kill. This is a good, talented team. Right now, we appear to have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Elliott is handing out rebounds rather freely. Shit happens.

You're talking a lot about the damned Stanley Cup. Yeah, I would love to see a Blue captain hoist it. But as long as it's just once, I'm cool. If it's not this year, who cares? Do we really want our only championship too be asterisked by the shortened season? Other fan bases laugh at us enough as it is. If they can keep Pietrangelo and continue to plug guys in here and there, they'll get your blasted trophy. Take a fa-king Xanax and let the torture of following this team wash over you.

(PS if they somehow won it this year, trust me...I wouldn't bitch. It'd be like bootin' Kate Upton out of bed for eating crackers.)
User avatar
Toasted Oates
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby Oaklandblue » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:47 am

Toasted Oates wrote:Oakland--your extreme pessimism is a total buzz kill. This is a good, talented team. Right now, we appear to have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Elliott is handing out rebounds rather freely. Shit happens.

You're talking a lot about the damned Stanley Cup. Yeah, I would love to see a Blue captain hoist it. But as long as it's just once, I'm cool. If it's not this year, who cares? Do we really want our only championship too be asterisked by the shortened season? Other fan bases laugh at us enough as it is. If they can keep Pietrangelo and continue to plug guys in here and there, they'll get your blasted trophy. Take a fa-king Xanax and let the torture of following this team wash over you.

(PS if they somehow won it this year, trust me...I wouldn't bitch. It'd be like bootin' Kate Upton out of bed for eating crackers.)


It's not pessimism as much as it is demanding more out of a team that should be performing, especially a team supposedly as talented as this one is.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby theohall » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am

Oaklandblue wrote:
Toasted Oates wrote:Oakland--your extreme pessimism is a total buzz kill. This is a good, talented team. Right now, we appear to have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Elliott is handing out rebounds rather freely. Shit happens.

You're talking a lot about the damned Stanley Cup. Yeah, I would love to see a Blue captain hoist it. But as long as it's just once, I'm cool. If it's not this year, who cares? Do we really want our only championship too be asterisked by the shortened season? Other fan bases laugh at us enough as it is. If they can keep Pietrangelo and continue to plug guys in here and there, they'll get your blasted trophy. Take a fa-king Xanax and let the torture of following this team wash over you.

(PS if they somehow won it this year, trust me...I wouldn't bitch. It'd be like bootin' Kate Upton out of bed for eating crackers.)


It's not pessimism as much as it is demanding more out of a team that should be performing, especially a team supposedly as talented as this one is.


I think you should remove the word "Proud" from your sig with the pitiful display Chris Stewart has shown the last three games. :P
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby glen a richter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 am

I wouldn't be opposed to a panic trade right now. Chris Stewart and Kris Russell for Ryan McDonagh. Do it Army!
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7388
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby Oaklandblue » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 pm

theohall wrote:I think you should remove the word "Proud" from your sig with the pitiful display Chris Stewart has shown the last three games. :P


This could easily go for quite a few people, too. :wink:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: GDT #10: 2/7/13 > Blues vs. Wing Dings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/

Postby cardsfan04 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Oaklandblue wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
It sounds like you are predicting the Central to run the table against us the rest of the year. Is that really what you're saying?


1/22/13 - 3-2 Hawks
2/01/13 - 5-3 Wings
2/05/13 - 6-1 Preds
2/07/13 - 5-1 Wings

And I'm not going to list the lame duck Wings 6-0 blowout on a team that even the Leafs could have beaten with their fourth line OR the 4-3 Shootout Win that could have gone either way with the Preds.

In short, I don't have to predict a damn thing. They're doing it. We play another 10 games against inter-division rivals. Do the math.

So what are we doing about it? So far, absolutely nothing.


You're also not including our two wins against the Preds which include a dominant 3-0 win and a road 3rd period comeback.

I'm not saying to high five your dog about how we're playing. But, a 3 game losing streak doesn't mean the sky is falling.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: APOD, Bing [Bot], dmiles2186, Google [Bot] and 5 guests