GDT #12: 2/11/13 > Blues vs. Kings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #12: 2/11/13 > Blues vs. Kings > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by sseagle »

Every loafing asshole standing around on D last night should be benched for the whole road trip.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

The other big concern for management:

Attendance: 14,498. STL fans may be deciding that this team just isn't worth it this year.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Only one way of fixing this team.....we all know the answer...........

Cam Janssen.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Nyghtewynd wrote:The other big concern for management:

Attendance: 14,498. STL fans may be deciding that this team just isn't worth it this year.
Well it's looked pretty empty most home games this season.
That's why they couldn't find an emergency 3rd goalie last night? ;)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

In a nutshell...

- Far too often nobody is picking up guys cruising through the slot.
- They aren't blocking as many shots as they should be.
- Far too many of their shots in the offensive zone are getting blocked.
- Most of their shots in the offensive zone that get through are low percentage bad angle shots. Very few high percentage shots are getting through.
- The offensive zone cycle just isn't working like it used to, which leads to very little sustained offensive pressure. We're getting outworked and we're getting beat to the puck.
- We've had too many cases of guys trying to do it all themselves in the offensive zone, and end up doing nothing. I can't remember the last time I saw so many one-man-efforts along the boards and curling towards the slot (looking at you Perron). I like the idea once in a while, but it's happening too often. It's not working enough to warrant trying it that much.
- We're not drawing enough penalties. Our PP is absolutely killer. We need to be on it more often, as that is the only way we are getting goals anymore. Hard work draws penalties...we're just not working hard enough.
- We need to get some big saves from Elliott while Halak is out. He's just not making the big save anymore. And far too many shots are going through him (bad goals), especially 5-hole, which teams seem to know about since they are purposely going there when in tight. This may be the most concerning issue because the other issues are easily correctable. Goaltending issues scare me. Hopefully whenever Halak returns, Elliott will get some bench time to refocus and right the ship.

Most of these issues can be corrected by simply working your tail off. This is not a team full of superstars. This team's strength comes from their depth and hard work. They don't have enough talent to win on talent alone, and that may be the problem...they might think they are more talented than they actually are, therefore they may not feel like they have to work as hard. I get that to some degree, but you would think against LA, the team that ended their season last year, they would be amped up and ready to steamroll them. But no.

It's very frustrating because this team is better than this. Much better. Maybe we need some healthy scratches or some kind of shakeup to smack these guys in the face and wake them up...because watching this team sucks right now.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

There are still 36 games to go.
We could still get 85 points.

Gotta take every game as it comes.
Need to hustle.

Boat needs to be higher on the chart, u haven't seen him stop once.
Elliott needs at least three games off, he's being shelled by the stand-around defense we have been putting on the ice.

Reaver needs to start scoring.

Perron needs to be bopped on the head and pass the goddamn puck.
Tarasenko can look at the above line.
Someone needs to be parked in the slot, there have been rebounds but no tkachuk standing strong.

Our defense needs to be the annoying impenetrable wall that we've been (foolishly) pounding shots off.
The media needs to state loudly how shitty the blues are playing, as they are clearly big fans of their press, since they are cup favorites, and they no longer have to play to achieve anything.

We don't have to win the presidents trophy, we don't have to win the central. Look at the shitdick kings of last year for proof of that.

Lets use this road trip to get our shit back together, and that should pack the scotkielsavtrade centre when we get back, which they seem to need.

Kick out anyone doing the power play dance, and axe the (Franking) bear.

I have to get back to work now.