Tarasenko Placed on Injured Reserve

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Tarasenko Placed on Injured Reserve

Post by abc789987 »

Linky
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced the club has placed forward Vladimir Tarasenko on injured reserve on Friday.

Tarasenko was injured during the third period Wednesday in Colorado.

In addition, the club recalled forward Chris Porter from the Blues’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, Peoria Rivermen.

Tarasenko, 21, has appeared in all 17 of the Blues’ games this season posting 12 points including six goals and six assists. The 6-foot, 219-pound forward tallied 5 points in his first two games, tying Wayne Babych (1978) for the best start to a rookie career in franchise history.

The Yaroslavl, Russia native was drafted by the Blues in the first round (16th overall) of the 2010 Entry Draft.

Porter, 28, has dressed in 12 games posting 10 points (7 goals, 3 assists) for the Rivermen this season.

In 2011-12, the 6-foot-1, 206-pound forward appeared in 47 games for the Blues tallying 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists). The Thunder Bay, Ontario native was originally signed by the Blues as a free agent on Aug. 21, 2007.
Shit.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Tarasenko Placed on Injured Reserve

Post by Nyghtewynd »

More than the injury bothers me...it bothers me that we need scoring, and the only answer we can get from Peoria is a scrub like Chris Porter. We have so little in our farm system that this is our best option?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

:lol:

We posted at, to the minute, the exact same time.

I'll defer since my link went above yours and must've missed out by a few seconds. :okman:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Shanahan19
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Shanahan19 »

The NHL needs to get consistent with the calling, non-calling, suspensions, etc.

No one really knows what is clean anymore. Everyone is skating on egg shells and run of the mill checks from yesteryear now have entire cities up in arms.

That being said, looking to the League for justice is bordering on whining. If a star player on your team just got knocked out, someone should be beating some serious ass on the opponents. But now everyone cries to the offices in NYC. Sad and weak.

At least the Sens had Neil to start punching around. And the next Sens/Pens game is probably going to be insane in blood lust from Ottawa.

Not sure what happened to keeping your head up either. That was drilled into us as youngsters. And if you didn't you got smashed across center ice.

I didn't see anything terrible with the hit on Tank. The game is not the slow version we see on TV with endless slow motion replay. Shit happens...not like someone Bertuzzi-ed Tank.
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:More than the injury bothers me...it bothers me that we need scoring, and the only answer we can get from Peoria is a scrub like Chris Porter. We have so little in our farm system that this is our best option?
I wouldn't call Chris Porter a scrub. Every time he's called up, he makes an impact in a checking role. No, he won't light up the scoreboard, but you also have D'agostini who you can put in the lineup and get some offense. Sobtoka has been playing great all year, can always move him up. Chris Porter always seems to bring great energy when he's called up.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Bobbycissello
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Bobbycissello »

Tank looked like he was shot out of a cannon when he first bursted on the scene, by he has since tailed off, resulting in line shuffling and decreased ice time. What do you think we an account this for? Rookie learning curve, or loss of confidence? He just seems like he can't figure out what to do with the puck recently. It seems like a night and day difference in his play from beginning of the year to now. I didn't expect him to keep that torrent pace up, but he's been almost invisible on the ice.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Opponents have caught up to his style. He'll adjust. It's his first year in the NHL for christsake.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Bobbycissello wrote:Tank looked like he was shot out of a cannon when he first bursted on the scene, by he has since tailed off, resulting in line shuffling and decreased ice time. What do you think we an account this for? Rookie learning curve, or loss of confidence? He just seems like he can't figure out what to do with the puck recently. It seems like a night and day difference in his play from beginning of the year to now. I didn't expect him to keep that torrent pace up, but he's been almost invisible on the ice.
Yea, he's tapered off, but that also goes for most of the guys on the team who are in the scoring role. As individuals they need to figure it out, but even more importantly (IMHO) they need to figure it out as a TEAM. They need to find a balance between fixing individual problems and building the team chemistry back up. Right now they are more tilted in the individual aspect and it shows up in missed passes and just general sloppy play as a group. I remember the first game of the season it was almost like they were all one player, reading everything 2-3 steps ahead. It was incredible, actually. That hasn't really been the case lately. It seems to be coming back some since the big losing streak but it's definitely not there yet.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Bobbycissello
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Bobbycissello »

I agree that the team aspect needs to be there, and that certain individuals are trying to put everything on their shoulders get the win, but Tanks whole game seems different to me. Maybe it is that players have adjusted to him and are watching him more closely. I hope he can figure out how to get open more often...especially since he's playing on a line with sobotk who is extremely good at creating space and drawing players to him, thus allowing tank to get open more often. I think I'm expecting tarasenko to play more like sobotka....stop and start...grind the boards, but I think tank is more o a floater that is just waiting for the feed to bury the puck.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Bobbycissello wrote:I agree that the team aspect needs to be there, and that certain individuals are trying to put everything on their shoulders get the win, but Tanks whole game seems different to me. Maybe it is that players have adjusted to him and are watching him more closely. I hope he can figure out how to get open more often...especially since he's playing on a line with sobotk who is extremely good at creating space and drawing players to him, thus allowing tank to get open more often. I think I'm expecting tarasenko to play more like sobotka....stop and start...grind the boards, but I think tank is more o a floater that is just waiting for the feed to bury the puck.
Didn't Brett Hull start this way too?
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!