Towel Guy and Horn Man

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Towel Guy and Horn Man

Post by Kreegz2 »

What the hell happened to them? I never hear them on the TV broadcasts anymore. I know some of you guys have negative opinions of the towel guy but I personally love him, but then again I've only been a blues fan since '95, so i can't even recall a time when he wasn't doing his thing. Can any local fans who attend most games fill me in? I really hope they aren't being silenced by the organization. I feel like the Blues front office is smart enough to know not to (Frank) with any long standing traditions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we the first team to use the HONK HONK HONK, LETS GO [team] chant? I know a few more franchises do it now but I'm pretty sure we were the first.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Towel Guy and Horn Man

Post by dmiles2186 »

Towel Guy is still there doing his thing, has a new light up jersey and all.

As for the Horn Man...seems like people bring horns these days but usually aren't very good with it. I was at the game against the Ducks a few weeks back and we had two people with horns in the section next to us. I could barely hear them. I know every so often there are some good Horn Folks though. But both traditions are still alive and well.

I've always been curious to know if for sure we were the first team to have the HONK HONK HONK LET'S...GO....BLUES! thing. I know the Preds have someone do that and I think I heard something like that on the Flames game too.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

For some reason the Organization have not toned the bell/given him a spot light for him like they have done in years past. The home opener I believe they did. He still does his thing though. I believe the light up jersey is from last year, at least.

And for the horn guy(s)...probably people in the crowd who paid money don't want to have that damn thing blowing in the ear.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

The Towel Guy is going strong, I like the light-up jersey but if I remember correctly he had an old school trumpet one that I liked the best. The Horn man seems to have some competition with some idiots with horns, but they're weak, and then all of a sudden you hear the "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAAAH!!!" of the original & we respond. Go to a game already! They kicked all the homeless people out of the Peabody, no excuses!
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

philco_3 wrote:For some reason the Organization have not toned the bell/given him a spot light for him like they have done in years past. The home opener I believe they did. He still does his thing though. I believe the light up jersey is from last year, at least.

And for the horn guy(s)...probably people in the crowd who paid money don't want to have that damn thing blowing in the ear.
I just rewatched the goals from our last game on gamecenter, and after specifically istening for it, I could hear the crowd counting, but you are right, there isn't the clock chime accompanying it like there usually is. I still couldn't hear the horn at all.
AlsWoodenStick wrote:The Towel Guy is going strong, I like the light-up jersey but if I remember correctly he had an old school trumpet one that I liked the best. The Horn man seems to have some competition with some idiots with horns, but they're weak, and then all of a sudden you hear the "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAAAH!!!" of the original & we respond. Go to a game already! They kicked all the homeless people out of the Peabody, no excuses!
I live in NC, it's not very economically friendly for me to attend games... I did blow my tax return to go to game 5 against the Sharks last year though. totally worth it.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

Kreegz2 wrote:
philco_3 wrote:For some reason the Organization have not toned the bell/given him a spot light for him like they have done in years past. The home opener I believe they did. He still does his thing though. I believe the light up jersey is from last year, at least.

I just rewatched the goals from our last game on gamecenter, and after specifically istening for it, I could hear the crowd counting, but you are right, there isn't the clock chime accompanying it like there usually is. I still couldn't hear the horn at all.
AlsWoodenStick wrote:The Towel Guy is going strong, I like the light-up jersey but if I remember correctly he had an old school trumpet one that I liked the best. The Horn man seems to have some competition with some idiots with horns, but they're weak, and then all of a sudden you hear the "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAAAH!!!" of the original & we respond. Go to a game already! They kicked all the homeless people out of the Peabody, no excuses!
I live in NC, it's not very economically friendly for me to attend games... I did blow my tax return to go to game 5 against the Sharks last year though. totally worth it.
I was at that game too, def. worth it. Half of my family is from Chapel Hill so I know the drive :). If they keep the feed goIng after a goal you can hear the croud chant "ONE! TWO! THREE!" etc., just watch for it. I'll yell along when I can :okman:
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.