WTF happened in practice Tuesday?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

WTF happened in practice Tuesday?

Post by theohall »

AMac and Steen injured???

This puts more pressure on Stewart to actually perform without having the pressure of someone to take his place during games. Hope the FRANK he actually starts playing a 180 foot game, vice the 90 foot one we see most nights.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: WTF happened in practice Tuesday?

Post by dmiles2186 »

Apparently it was a 'battle' drill that the team has been doing for years (though Murray, Payne, Hitch) and the players love it. One of those freak occurrences that two players got hurt in the same drill on the same day.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

i posted this yesterday, but im not cool enough for anyone to care :okman: :facepalm:
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I was down at the Mills today for my kids ice skating lessons and got to stick around and watch the Blues practice. For the first 10 minutes it was just Andy Mac skating around feeling out his knee. He looked very tentative at first but eventually was skating at what looked to be about 80% or so. It looked to be an optional skate, with Elliott and all of the call-up kids... Cracknell, Porter, etc... Anyway, Andy Mac joined them in all of the drills and looked good. He'll be back sooner than later Im sure of it.

oh yeah, and Perron was on the ice as well. The only regulars were Perron, Elliott, A-Mac and Cole.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

kodos wrote:oh yeah, and Perron was on the ice as well. The only regulars were Perron, Elliott, A-Mac and Cole.

Glad to hear DP is putting in the extra work.

It's funny with Andy..yesterday he was week to week and Steen was day to day...now Steen is on IR an not traveling with the team and Andy is on the road trip.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Any idea on the situation with Tank and how that's progressing?
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Oaklandblue wrote:Any idea on the situation with Tank and how that's progressing?
Earlier this week on 101 ESPN, JR said that he was still experiencing concussion symptoms and is 'not close to returning.' On top of that, I heard Backes on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast say that the initial hit gave Senko whiplash or something like that.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:Any idea on the situation with Tank and how that's progressing?
Earlier this week on 101 ESPN, JR said that he was still experiencing concussion symptoms and is 'not close to returning.' On top of that, I heard Backes on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast say that the initial hit gave Senko whiplash or something like that.
They said he did start riding a bike yesterday...so that means he could be with-in a week of returning to practice in a week or two...then figure at least another week of no contact and add a week or two of full practice and conditioning. Personally, I think we'd be lucky to see him back on the ice before April first, but we have a lot of games the final week of March so I'm sure they'd love to have him back by the 26th.....but 23 days when he's not even cleared to skate yet sounds a bit 'aggressive'.

We're really still in a wait and see mode IMO. Don't forget, in about 25% of these cases (in all sports) the player suffers set backs (return of some symptoms) and set's it back even further.

Personally I'm just looking at him as a fresh set of legs for the playoff push and in the playoffs, not expecting anything else....if he hits the ice in March, I'll consider it a bonus.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund