Who Will Leave First?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of the three "kids" will be the first to leave?

Patrick Berglund
15%
David Perron
80%
TJ Oshie
5%

Total votes: 20

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Who Will Leave First?

Post by ViPeRx007 »

glen a richter wrote:I would trade Perron yesterday. Given the way this season appears to be turning out (we're playing like crap but definitely in the thick of things because so is everyone else except Chicago) I wouldn't mind so much a few trades to mix things up now and try to send a message to those remaining. If AMac wasn't hurt I could see trading him on account of he won't be in the note after this season anyway so get what you can get, I could definitely see trading Perron and I would also be a big fan of them trading Stewart.

I wouldn't be against them inking Rattie and bringing him in. I would be extremely against them trading anyone off the current defense.
Agreed on the D. That's one area this team has right. Goalies as well.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:I would trade Perron yesterday. Given the way this season appears to be turning out (we're playing like crap but definitely in the thick of things because so is everyone else except Chicago) I wouldn't mind so much a few trades to mix things up now and try to send a message to those remaining. If AMac wasn't hurt I could see trading him on account of he won't be in the note after this season anyway so get what you can get, I could definitely see trading Perron and I would also be a big fan of them trading Stewart.

I wouldn't be against them inking Rattie and bringing him in. I would be extremely against them trading anyone off the current defense.
Agreed on moving Amac and Perron.

McDonald can make some great plays but the salary he commands combined with his age and the fact we have good, young offensive players fighting for ice time (which is a good thing don't get me wrong) makes him expendable. Perron for the same reasons other than age.

Disagree on Stewart. At least the games I've seen him this year he's played his butt off and actually made some good plays. He's also always willing to drop the gloves and you need those types too. Can't just have one 4th liner as the only guy who will put himself on the line if he has to.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Disagree on Stewart. At least the games I've seen him this year he's played his butt off and actually made some good plays. He's also always willing to drop the gloves and you need those types too. Can't just have one 4th liner as the only guy who will put himself on the line if he has to.

Yeah Stewart is a really hard decision. Dude has played his but off for most of this season no doubt..but do you trust him to keep that up if you give him a long term deal? His work ethic was questioned in Denver and then he took last year off as well.

I really like the way he's playing, but considering the money you already have tied up in 42, 57, 74, and then extending 21, 22, and 27.....taking a chance on Stewart may not be the best fiscal decision.

Now, if this team were willing to extend their spending closer to 60 mill instead of the current 50 - 55 then I think I would like to resign him.

We already have 30 mill on the books next year and that doesn't include...Pie, Shatty, Russel, Redden, Cole, Andy Mac, Stewie, Bergy, Dags, or Nichol. They aren't all going to be back, but those that don't return have to be replaced. That's a minimum of 10 contracts that you have to squeeze into 20 - 25 million.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Nichol is just around until Phil McRae is ready to take his spot. Throw in Rattie and Jaskin to replace AMac and DP and maybe (big maybe) give Stewart another year if he can demonstrate dedication to not loafing and actually being a two way player the rest of this season and the playoffs. The "Kids" if you will, Oshie, Backes, Pie, Shatty, they're definitely veteran enough that throwing McRae, Rattie and Jaskin into the mix wouldn't make this team too young. Jaskin has taken a big step forward this year, Rattie has put together two solid seasons in Portland. Give them some NHL time this season and go from there moving forward.

Edit: Also do not let Berglund go. He's finally coming into his own. It took some time, but he's taking the next step and I expect in a full 82 gamer next year he'll put up some great numbers.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote:Nichol is just around until Phil McRae is ready to take his spot. Throw in Rattie and Jaskin to replace AMac and DP and maybe (big maybe) give Stewart another year if he can demonstrate dedication to not loafing and actually being a two way player the rest of this season and the playoffs. The "Kids" if you will, Oshie, Backes, Pie, Shatty, they're definitely veteran enough that throwing McRae, Rattie and Jaskin into the mix wouldn't make this team too young. Jaskin has taken a big step forward this year, Rattie has put together two solid seasons in Portland. Give them some NHL time this season and go from there moving forward.

Edit: Also do not let Berglund go. He's finally coming into his own. It took some time, but he's taking the next step and I expect in a full 82 gamer next year he'll put up some great numbers.
So...let's arguably say 15 mill next year for Pie (7) Shatty (4 - 4.5) and Bergie (3.5). McRae, Rattie, Jaskin, and resigning Cole is another 5 mill.. that leaves about 2-3 or mill total to fill the other 3 spots. I just don't see Stewart signing anything that will fit in that window.

Like I said...if ownership were willing to stretch another 5 - 6 mill up to 60 million...then I'd be all over it.

Now...if they do move DP and his 3.8 mill a year off the books...that opens up some other revenue as well.

Don't forget, the team still thinks they need a #2 defenseman too and that's probably going to run 4 - 5 mill a year. Of course if they do that you'r got about anywhere from 22 - 25 million (Pie 7, new #2 4.5, Shatty 4.5, Jacks 3.2, Polak 2.8, Cole and your #7) of your 50 - 55 tied up in D alone.

So needless to say...this offseason (and possibly trade deadline) are going to be very - very interesting.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Trade Perron and the 1st round pick to whoever ends up with the #1 overall and draft Seth Jones. Pie+Shatty+Jones is a fairly awesome looking top 3 defensemen.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:Trade Perron and the 1st round pick to whoever ends up with the #1 overall and draft Seth Jones. Pie+Shatty+Jones is a fairly awesome looking top 3 defensemen.
If you think you're getting the #1 overall pick for DP and a 1st rounder, you are crazy.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Trade Perron and the 1st round pick to whoever ends up with the #1 overall and draft Seth Jones. Pie+Shatty+Jones is a fairly awesome looking top 3 defensemen.
If you think you're getting the #1 overall pick for DP and a 1st rounder, you are crazy.
Who said I wasn't crazy?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

STAMKOS!
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

If we trade everyone right now we MIGHT lose enough games to be in the running for #1 overall this year!!! :okman:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Nichol is just around until Phil McRae is ready to take his spot. Throw in Rattie and Jaskin to replace AMac and DP and maybe (big maybe) give Stewart another year if he can demonstrate dedication to not loafing and actually being a two way player the rest of this season and the playoffs. The "Kids" if you will, Oshie, Backes, Pie, Shatty, they're definitely veteran enough that throwing McRae, Rattie and Jaskin into the mix wouldn't make this team too young. Jaskin has taken a big step forward this year, Rattie has put together two solid seasons in Portland. Give them some NHL time this season and go from there moving forward.

No way in hell does Stewart deserve another year.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

theohall wrote:

Neither did brewer, jackman, etc etc

I think the first thing that goes is all the bandwagoneer hanger ons.

Some guy on NHL.com quit the blues after 46 years last night. The rest of the pansies can go with him!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

sseagle wrote:
theohall wrote:

Neither did brewer, jackman, etc etc

I think the first thing that goes is all the bandwagoneer hanger ons.

Some guy on NHL.com quit the blues after 46 years last night. The rest of the pansies can go with him!
Sound to me like he meant 46 days..
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW