canucks buy Rivermen?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

crazyhorse
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

canucks buy Rivermen?

Post by crazyhorse »

Can someone explain this to me?
2012-2013 official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Ryan Miller
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Kyle Brodziak
2016-2017 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 official LGB sponsor of Scotty Upshall
2018-2019 official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: canucks buy Rivermen?

Post by theohall »

The Blues sold their affiliate team to the Canucks. That's it. No idea what the Blues are going to do now in terms of developing players.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Blues players will go to the Chicago Wolves. From what I've read, selling the Rivermen helps alleviate some of the money problems the Blues were having. On top of that, they don't have to manage the day-to-day operations with the Wolves since they are owned by someone else.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:The Blues players will go to the Chicago Wolves. From what I've read, selling the Rivermen helps alleviate some of the money problems the Blues were having. On top of that, they don't have to manage the day-to-day operations with the Wolves since they are owned by someone else.
But they're TEH WRONG COLORZ!!!!
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

So the Blues players on the Rivermen will now go to the Wolves... Does this mean the Wolves players will be moved to the Rivermen?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

abc789987 wrote:So the Blues players on the Rivermen will now go to the Wolves... Does this mean the Wolves players will be moved to the Rivermen?
I beleive I read that Calgary currently is contracted to the Wolves and that they are moving to Vancouver's team so the wolves players would go there, then the players currently on that roster would go to the Riverman.

I think :?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

So in fact, today, 20+ players have the jersey on of one team and tomorrow, all those players wear another jersey?! :mrgreen:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

peoriabluesfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by peoriabluesfan »

DaDitka wrote:I beleive I read that Calgary currently is contracted to the Wolves and that they are moving to Vancouver's team so the wolves players would go there, then the players currently on that roster would go to the Riverman.

The Wolves are the primary affiliate of the Canucks. Calgary is affiliated with the Abbotsford Heat. Vancouver wants to move Peoria to Abbotsford, if the Flames do not renew their contract at the end of this season
As for Peoria there is speculation that Vancouver will leave them here for a year or two until they can move them closer to Vancouver. I have also heard that Minnesota, San Jose, and Anaheim would consider moving their farm clubs here. So no one really knows what is going to happen in Peoria yet.
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Martin Havlat
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:
abc789987 wrote:So the Blues players on the Rivermen will now go to the Wolves... Does this mean the Wolves players will be moved to the Rivermen?
I beleive I read that Calgary currently is contracted to the Wolves and that they are moving to Vancouver's team so the wolves players would go there, then the players currently on that roster would go to the Riverman.

I think :?
Not to confuse, but what I read was that the Wolves are currently host to the Canucks' minor leaguers. So they will go to the Rivs, the current Rivermen will go to the Wolves. Supposedly, Calgary's minor league affiliate is in Abbortsford, but they might move the team closer to them. This would free Abbortsford up for the Canucks to move the Rivermen up there, as currently rumored.

But basically the Wolves/Rivermen deal is a straight up swap between the Canucks and Blues, only difference is the Blues no longer own their minor league affiliate.

Here's the article where I found that:

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x1037531060/ ... ouver-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PEORIA —

The St. Louis Blues have confirmed they have sold the AHL's Peoria Rivermen to the Vancouver Canucks in a two-paragraph news release issued on April Fools Day.

It is, however, no joke.

St. Louis' plan to take the Rivermen out of Peoria was reported in an early March story by the Journal Star. The deal is believed to have been in the works since January.

Blues owner Tom Stillman and Blues chief operating officer Bruce Affleck have not returned calls since the finalization of the move was reported by the Journal Star on Friday.

The Blues are seeking to become parent club to the AHL's Chicago Wolves. The latter has an affiliation agreement with Vancover that expires at the end of this season.

NHL and AHL sources say it is ppossible -- though a longshot -- Vancouver might leave its new AHL farm team in Peoria for next season if it can't mnove it to Abbotsford, B.C.

Abbotsford is presently occupied by the Calgary Flames' AHL farm team. That team is considering a move.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Ah...That's where Calgary come in.

I knew I read something about them...just got it a little mixed up. My bad! :doh:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Love the Wolves. Only minor league team (that I'm aware of) that has never featured the logo of the parent club on it's jersey. I think it goes to the rich history it's had in it's own right, which is extraordinarily rare for an AHL team and probably explains why they have such a good following in Chicago that they do.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk