GDT #38: 4/9/13 > Blues @ Preds > 7:00 PM > FSMW/Y98FM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #38: 4/9/13 > Blues @ Preds > 7:00 PM > FSMW/Y98FM

Post by WaukeeBlues »

crazyhorse wrote:Jaskin not dressing tonight : (
What about Ranch?

W is a W. Funny how persistence pays off sometimes, good stuff Elliott...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

fargoblues wrote:Good to see Elliott playing with some confidence, and the team learning to trust him in net again. This could be the start of something big, or we could all just be jerking off, mostly sseagle.
Like I said, it's maddening...Guess haha
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Big win, great job by Ells, but... you can't expect to win every game 1-0. Need to generate some more scoring somewhere, somehow.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Blues were all over the place tonight. Every time the Preds made a push, the Blues pushed back harder. Sure, we only ended up with 1, but we were also facing Pekka Rinne. The good thing is that the Blues are generating solid-to-dangerous chances with a higher frequency than they were a few weeks ago. It's one thing to put up a boatload of shots, it's another for them to present a clear scoring chance. The Blues are getting more of those close chances and that will lead to goals in the future.

The 4th line continues to be the best line night in, night out. Don't ever break this line up. They're too much fun to watch.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

The Blues absolutely owned that part of their own defensive zone last night. I think that the Predators got maybe 2 or 3 shots total from inside that area. They did a masterful job of keeping everything to the outside and standing the Predators up at the blue line and forcing a dump. Evryone was sacrificing the body and blocking shots, Polak and Jackman in particular. Petro had a very solid game. Picking up Bouwmeester and Leopold for relatively cheap were huge moves by Army, this team looks completely different. Our break outs are night and day compared to before we had those two. Bouwmeester looks more and more comfortable on the top pairing every game, and Leopold does a good job making himself go unnoticed. Solid effort by Elliot, but when you are only getting 15 shots against you that makes your workload significantly easier.

I am loving what I am seeing right now. If we keep this style of play up, we will take the 4th seed. We have 7 of our last 8 games at home, and two of those are against the Avalanche who have already mailed it in this season.

Still, we gotta lock up that playoff spot first.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

And NOW is the time to really pull away and solidify our playoff spot.

You can sense that the late-season push is already happening and the top 7 seeds are trying to pull away from everyone in that 43-39 point pack, get away from Detroit and lock up the playoff spot.

Blues HAVE to stay in that top pack. This win streak has been invaluable and need to finish strong here on the road against Minnesota and Columbus and then come home for the final stretch.

LOVE this part of the year for hockey :grin:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

WaukeeBlues wrote:And NOW is the time to really pull away and solidify our playoff spot.

You can sense that the late-season push is already happening and the top 7 seeds are trying to pull away from everyone in that 43-39 point pack, get away from Detroit and lock up the playoff spot.

Blues HAVE to stay in that top pack. This win streak has been invaluable and need to finish strong here on the road against Minnesota and Columbus and then come home for the final stretch.

LOVE this part of the year for hockey :grin:
You think you are excited? Check out these big ass tittays!!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I don't know if I'm more excited by Elliott seemingly returning to last year's form kind of out of nowhere or by the team reminding me of last year again for the first time since game 7.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

I am more excited about the team returning to form which makes any goalie better. This was how the Blues played last season which helped significantly in Halak and Elliott getting so many shutouts.

Someone tell Chris Stewart to just shoot the puck at the damn net, instead of doing March David Perron impressions.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Given that the current streak coincided with the trades for Leopold and Bouwmeester, it's probably safe to say that the whole team is playing more confident because of them. Without adding those two guys, how different would the last 5 games look?

By making those upgrades on D, this whole team changed into one which can play playoff style hockey and that's what we needed going forward. Unless the Blues end up being the Blues come the playoffs, which I suppose is a pretty good possibility given our postseason history, we could be poised to see a deep run. That's not something I would have envisioned before the trades. The schedule is in our favor, so the boys just need to keep grinding out wins and preferably start scoring a few more goals.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024