GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Gaijin Flyer
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNB

Post by Gaijin Flyer »

OMG, I'm stuck watching the OTT-MTL last 5 minutes (which, thank God, won't take an hour like an NBA game).

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by SamJunior »

glen a richter wrote:Pissed at the late start, those of us elitist east coast pricks have to rise early to go to work, you know.
Haha, I almost felt sorry for you... It's 4:30 AM here at the moment. :grin:

Looks like the refs forgot we are not in LA yet.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNBC

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

This PP is awful!
Shoot the damn puck

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Got to step it up here in the 3rd boys
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

WAY TO GO JAX! This game had me on the edge all night, but Blues WIN! :goblues:
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Holy (Frank) what a terrible 2nd.
Amazing 3rd though. Great win.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Way to step up the pressure in the third. LA got the fluky goal on the cheap dive in the first, but the Blues got stronger, and the Kings didnt. Now we gotta steal one in LA.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

I love how no one can figure out how the Blues are up 2 games to none... It's not like we are the higher seed or anything.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

The headline on NHL.com reads "HUGE JACKMAN" :facepalm:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I'm glad Polak didn't get the goal. The Justice Department would have charged the website with a hate crime.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Nyghtewynd wrote:I'm glad Polak didn't get the goal. The Justice Department would have charged the website with a hate crime.
GODDAMN CZECHOSLOVAKIANS! ??
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

Once again the Blues played a great game and didn't cave when the game was on the line. Kings really came out flying in the first period, and while Blues didn't do much the first half of the game, I really thought that was due to the Kings playing very well on the forecheck. The second half of the game, I think Blues just stepped it up and whether it was Hitch making some tactical modifications or Kings getting tired, I don't know. The biggest thing for me was really that they started to get clean exits out of the D-zone, much like Kings were able to do through most of the game. That enabled the dump-in with two/three fresh players being able to start the grinding and the cycling, while in the first two periods they just dumped and made a change, or turned it over.

I'm a bit concerned about Elliott though. I thought he looked really unsure about continuing after the collision with Brown. Then he never made it out for the three stars which makes me wonder how bad that injury really is. In these tight games we can't afford to lose Elliott, one mistake and the game can be out the window, and I really don't have much faith in Halak at this point...

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Wow. Can you say, driver's seat? If they win game 3, stick a fork in the Kings.
This has to be a tough one for the Kings. They played better, but could only get the one goal. And the Blues didn't wear down, they got stronger as the game went on. And Quick once again gives up a soft game winning goal very, very late.

The officiating in the first and half of the 2nd period was awful. Horrible. Some of the dumbest calls I've seen in a playoff game.
The refs totally took control of the game and dictated play. They zapped any energy and flow the game would have had by calling ticky-tack lame penalties...a couple of which weren't even penalties. It looked like neither team wanted to exert too much physical energy, because they didn't know what was going to get called.
You gotta let these two teams play. They are big and physical and they play rough. Let 'em go...call the obvious stuff. Don't look for the little things.
The bad calls cost the Blues a goal...thankfully they overcame it.

The Kings played better in the first half of the game than they did in game 1. You figured they would after the Blues owned them on Tuesday. But they didn't dominate like the Blues did in game 1. They were better, but not great. Everyone was saying the Kings were going to come out like crazed animals and hit everything that moved and hit the Blues in the mouth. Well, I didn't see that at all. The Blues were the more physical team once again. I saw the Kings with the better of the play for the first part of the game and they had some pressure at times and some very good chances, but the Blues got better as the game went on, and after Berglund scored early in the 3rd, the Blues had the better of the play for most of the 3rd.

Elliott was the man again. Damn he's been good.
He outplayed Quick and he is the reason we're up 2-0.
Who would have thunk it...before last season, if I were to tell you that I'd be scared to death when Elliott looked like he was hurt pretty bad, because I didn't want Halak to come in.

Quick was excellent once again. But again, he should have stopped Jackman's shot...and it cost them a chance to win the game in OT.

You see some of these other goals going in on other goalies in other games...and you hope that we're able to get by the Kings and play one of these other teams. Because Quick has stolen at least half a dozen goals from the Blues in the first two games that nobody else would have stopped.

I thought the Kings did a good job of mucking up the slot area and not allowing the Blues to get shots off when the puck was loose. It's a war in front of the net at both ends of the ice.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Officiating to start the game was as bad as I've ever seen. You just can't invent two calls to put a team on a 97 second 5 on 3 in a playoff game. That's horseshit. I'm not saying the refs should be fired or anything, but maybe the league should reconsider whether they continue to work during the playoffs. In a game that is expected to be low-scoring, you can't essentially gift a team a goal. That's fucked up.

That being said, if we didn't have the strong third, we would have had ourselves to blame. Kings got some help, but were legitimately better than us for 2 periods.

Scottrade reminded me a lot of game 5 vs the Sharks last year. Kinda frustrated then all of a sudden elated. When Jackman scored, I don't think I've ever heard that place louder. That was pretty sick.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Who else thinks Brown is a piece of shit?

A knee and an elbow... Classy.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:Who else thinks Brown is a piece of shit?

A knee and an elbow... Classy.
Sticks his knee out, AND throws a huge elbow that thankfully missed.

He's been a piece of shit for a while. I haven't seen him dive and embellish like he did last playoffs though. I was embarrassed for him. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Sutter would put up with.

Glad his ass is down 0-2 in the series.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Nyghtewynd wrote:The number 1 priority tonight is letting Quick know EARLY that the Blues are not going to let him continue to grab and obstruct offensive players skating by the crease. The first time it happens, someone better knock him on his butt. He'll already be skittish after the OT mistake...if you get him on a swivel early, he might struggle.
Almost on cue...

WTF was up with Quick grabbing onto and holding Perron's leg near the end of the 1st Period? And how does that go uncalled? :evil:

My wife said she thought I was going to throw something at the TV. How silly- the only thing I had in my hands at the time was the baby...

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Player saftey should look that over.......but they wont.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Penner should have got 5min on that boarding call too.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Am I correct that the obstruction call that led to the 5v3 pp and the King's goal was called AFTER an offiside call? I could buy a roughing penalty at that point, but you can't "obstruct" someone on a dead play. W.T.F>???

I love the buy-in and the patience to stick to the system and play the game out last night. There were very few "sky is falling" or "headless chicken" moments in their own zone, and they made LA chase for good sustained parts of the third. Very impressive.

I see this team starting to believe, and that's going to be a dangerous thing.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman