GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT Game 2: 5/2/13 > Blues vs Kings > 8:30 PM > FSMW/CNB

Post by abc789987 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:Am I correct that the obstruction call that led to the 5v3 pp and the King's goal was called AFTER an offiside call? I could buy a roughing penalty at that point, but you can't "obstruct" someone on a dead play. W.T.F>???
You are correct. Not to mention it shouldn't have even been a penalty even if it was onsides.

ibldbl
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ibldbl »

abc789987 wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:Am I correct that the obstruction call that led to the 5v3 pp and the King's goal was called AFTER an offiside call? I could buy a roughing penalty at that point, but you can't "obstruct" someone on a dead play. W.T.F>???
You are correct. Not to mention it shouldn't have even been a penalty even if it was onsides.

I was watching the NHL channel this morning and the anchor actually had the balls to say it was a rare call, but the right call.

Complete BS!
Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly 2021 - 2022
Official LGB Sponsor of Colton Parayko 2017 - 2019
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk 2016 - 2017
Official LGB Sponsor of Troy Brouwer 2015 - 2016
Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz 2013 - 2015

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

The more I watch that .gif the angrier I get. That's dirty as hell. Elbow is clearly intended for the head. Knee I think was malicious too, but it's less obvious. If the NHL doesn't do anything because he tried, but failed, to execute a dirty hit, that's bullshit. If he connects on that elbow, Schwartz could easily have a concussion and he was trying to hit him in the head. (Frank) that guy.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I must admit, I thought the Kings were the better team for most of the game. But the Blues kept it close and were in striking distance. It seemed the Blues were off their game, it wasn't the same team we saw for the last 5-6 games of the regular season and Game 1. They weren't testing Quick all that much. But they kept pushing, that 4th line stayed physical, and they didn't quit. Elliott was huge and it was great to see him shake off that injury. I hope he's good for Game 3. I was having flashbacks to Game 2 against the Sharks last year--it was the game Halak went down.

Raise your hand if you had Barrett Jackman scoring the game winner.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

When 71 got tagged for slashing on the faceoff he had gotten away with the same thing at least 40 times previously. Gotta keep our shit together and we will win, bad guys only win in movies with fucked up timelines.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:I must admit, I thought the Kings were the better team for most of the game. But the Blues kept it close and were in striking distance. It seemed the Blues were off their game, it wasn't the same team we saw for the last 5-6 games of the regular season and Game 1. They weren't testing Quick all that much. But they kept pushing, that 4th line stayed physical, and they didn't quit. Elliott was huge and it was great to see him shake off that injury. I hope he's good for Game 3. I was having flashbacks to Game 2 against the Sharks last year--it was the game Halak went down.

Raise your hand if you had Barrett Jackman scoring the game winner.
Yea, that wasn't Game 1 haha. But hey, the good teams find a way. Like you said, we hung in there, neither us nor the Kings could put the other team away and when that happens it all comes down to who can capitalize at the pivotal moments and the Blues obviously did.

I think I was more shocked that Stewart dropped the puck to Jackman to make a play on the 3 on 2 than the fact that Jackman actually scored on the shot :lol: ehhh, maybe not. I was stunned. I've been ripping Jackman a new one both games so far and then it was like "oh. ok. My bad Jackman." I love in his post-game interview he was like "lucky shot." It was a hell of a release and hard and accurate but even he was like "I just aimed high and hard, had a little bit of a screen and it went in." Oh well, we win.

Nobody rose their hand, btw.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:I must admit, I thought the Kings were the better team for most of the game.
They were...but it's not like they dominated. They didn't come out like a house on fire or anything like all of these media guys said they would.
For the vast majority of the 3rd period, the Blues controlled the play...especially after they tied it up. It was easy to tell they could smell the blood in the water.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Got the first line rocking, got the 4th line rocking, the Bergie, DP, Oshie line was arguably our best last night....

Now what the hell about the 10,17,25 line? 10 and 25 were almost invisible last night.

If we can get that line playing at the level of the other three, we have a real shot at this thing (and no, I'm not talking about this series).

I thought 21, 46, and 57 played with that 'edge' that they don't consistently bring night in and night out.....gotta find a way to bring that every night.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

DaDitka wrote:Got the first line rocking, got the 4th line rocking, the Bergie, DP, Oshie line was arguably our best last night....

Now what the hell about the 10,17,25 line? 10 and 25 were almost invisible last night.

If we can get that line playing at the level of the other three, we have a real shot at this thing (and no, I'm not talking about this series).

I thought 21, 46, and 57 played with that 'edge' that they don't consistently bring night in and night out.....gotta find a way to bring that every night.
Has anyone seen 25 actually hit anyone? He is playing soft and that sucks.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

sseagle wrote:When 71 got tagged for slashing on the faceoff he had gotten away with the same thing at least 40 times previously.
I love what Cracknell did to draw the penalty. The oh-so-subtle put my foot behind yours and bump just enough to knock 71 off balance, maintain the foot there while keeping pressure on his leg, while not reacting at all to the hacking and whacking. Awesome drawn call!

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

DaDitka wrote:Got the first line rocking, got the 4th line rocking, the Bergie, DP, Oshie line was arguably our best last night....

The Good

57- Still has me confused, he is a different player than we have seen in past seasons. Forget the scoring lets just pester the goalie and bully the other team, I'm saying this is bad he still got the puck deep last night a few times and I don't think he stoped moving his feet all night, but this is a different perron this year being more physical and ect. Him and quick are cracking me up though he has made a good pest these two games.

42- What can I say about the guy, he wont take any shit thats for sure :lol:

74- Other than the few times not be able to keep standing this is the oshie we all love. Battled with the puck all night had a good hit or two as well.

9- (Franking) little pick pocket lol he looks great out there, totally got robbed last night what a awesome chance

21- 3 goals in his past 5 games :okman:

46- I think polak has really stepped up these past to games, he looks really good out there.

4th line 2nd and 3rd period- Not sure were you were first period but thanks for showing back up in the 2nd and 3rd.

THE BAD

25- WTF you have played great all year why start doing this now

17- mishandled the puck all night long hope you get whatever bullshit is in your system out and start grooving with your line.

PP- We need to find a way to get it in the net or at least keep it in there zone for starters.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

APOD wrote: THE BAD

17- mishandled the puck all night long hope you get whatever bullshit is in your system out and start grooving with your line.
These two are on the same line. We have seen other centers demoted for Stewart playing like ass. IMO, Stewart should be a healthy scratch and Tarasenko should be playing in his place. At least Tarasenko works at both ends of the ice, is not afraid to hit, and actually wins board battles.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

theohall wrote:
sseagle wrote:When 71 got tagged for slashing on the faceoff he had gotten away with the same thing at least 40 times previously.
I love what Cracknell did to draw the penalty. The oh-so-subtle put my foot behind yours and bump just enough to knock 71 off balance, maintain the foot there while keeping pressure on his leg, while not reacting at all to the hacking and whacking. Awesome drawn call!
And then he just skated to the bench nonchalantly after the penalty was awarded. It was the ultimate drop-the-mic-and-walk-off-stage move.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

theohall wrote:

These two are on the same line. We have seen other centers demoted for Stewart playing like ass. IMO, Stewart should be a healthy scratch and Tarasenko should be playing in his place. At least Tarasenko works at both ends of the ice, is not afraid to hit, and actually wins board battles.
I'm not saying Stew or Boat had great games last night. But to be fair, Boat drew contact, got the puck to Stew, who then dropped it to Jax for the game winner. So there's that.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

theohall wrote:

Idk I would almost sit boat for frank....or (Frank) em sit both of them and move 4th to 3rd and new 4th is jaskin andymac frankers just for 1 game as a wake up call.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

dmiles2186 wrote:
theohall wrote:

I'm not saying Stew or Boat had great games last night. But to be fair, Boat drew contact, got the puck to Stew, who then dropped it to Jax for the game winner. So there's that.
Thank god it wasnt the other way around stew draws contact but starts fight, boat mishandles on a would be pass to jax and kings tie it up.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Blues can't replace Stewart...they need him to get going. His speed and size will make a difference.

Disappointed in Sobotka, although he did take a hit and made the play leading up the game winner.

I thought Amac had some flashes, but just couldn't sustain it. Not sure I would change the lineup, but maybe at times mix the Backes and Amac lines.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Amac looked a little slow but he was still moving and I thought he at least was making an effort with how shitty his linemates were last night.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

One thing that was bugging me about last night's game was the lack of shots from the point. Where is Shattenkirk? Pietrangelo? The point shot was absolutely no threat to the Kings, so they could collapse down and clog up the slot and clear rebounds. Can Al run a clinic for these guys please??
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

APOD wrote:Amac looked a little slow but he was still moving and I thought he at least was making an effort with how shitty his linemates were last night.
Oh, I'm not knocking his effort.....just his effectiveness. He's really been pretty ineffective (for the most part) all year and with such physical play and big bodies he's been pretty useless (except for face-offs...I believe he won something like 8 out of 9 in game one).

My point was more that, that line simply isn't working...are they pulling each other down, is it one guys fault.....I don't know....I just know they have to be better.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund