Chances of seeing the CPR-line again in 2013-2014?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Chances of seeing the CPR-line again in 2013-2014?

Post by Frusciante »

With all the new signings up front and most of them being in the bottom six, I'm a bit worried about how big the chances are of seeing the CPR-line again next season. In my view, they were by far our best line in late regular season and in the series against LA. I would hate to see them broken up, even if we'll probably see quality players like Lapierre and Sobotka on that fourth line. Not that I don't like our depth, because I do, but it seems like the signings of Lapierre and Aucoin was perhaps at least one too many, especially since it seems like the Blues want to give Jaskin and Rattie a try in the big league this year as well.

The projected line-up as of today would see us having Cracknell, Porter, Aucoin, Jaskin and Rattie out of the line-up. While I understand we need the depth because of injuries, I think that's at least one signing too many. Especially since both Ports and Cracks sits on one-way contracts (right?).

Thoughts?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Chances of seeing the CPR-line again in 2013-2014?

Post by dmiles2186 »

From what I read (I believe from a JR chat), the plan is to have Jaskin and Rattie start the year in Chicago. So with those two out of the picture, you'd have Aucoin, Lapierre, Sobotka, Porter all probably seeing some time at 4th line center.

My guess is that the CPR line will not be together to start the season. They were spark plugs for sure and they could chip in on some offense. Here is our roster breakdown as of today. If I missed anybody, let me know.

Centers
Keith Aucoin
Maxim Lapierre
Derek Roy

Left Wing
Magnus Paajarvi
Dmitrij Jaskin

Right Wing
Adam Cracknell
Ryan Reaves
Vladimir Tarasenko
Chris Stewart (RFA)
Ty Rattie

Wing/Centers
David Backes
Patrick Berglund
TJ Oshie
Chris Porter
Jaden Schwartz
Alex Steen
Vladimir Sobotka

Defense
Jay Bouwmeester
Ian Cole
Barret Jackman
Jordan Leopold
Alex Pietrangelo (RFA)
Roman Polak
Kevin Shattenkirk

Goalie
Jake Allen (RFA)
Brian Elliott
Jaroslav Halak

We've got several guys who can split time between center/wing and depending on injuries/performance, I figure our bottom two lines will see guys bouncing around a bit. Not to mention if someone from the top 6 gets hurt, you could see someone like Boat or Paajarvi moving up. But to answer the original question, I think CPR is dead unless injury/performance necessitates they be put together again. That said, it's a nice fall back option if that does happen.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Hallplante »

Hitchcock's comments imply he wants more from the fourth line. Better defense and more offense (of course). So the CPR Line has become an endangered species.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Could be the PCP line (Paajarvi, Cracknell, Porter) but I suppose that's incredibly doubtful. In other news, I was unable to piece together an LSD line for lack of a "D" player on the team unless we go with first names which is just stupid, much like this response.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JR's got a few answers for us.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

One has to assume Jaskin and Rattie will see significant time in Chicago (hard to get used to not saying Peoria). Considering how awful Peoria was last season, one can only assume that will not be good for their respective developments.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024