Ryan Braun suspended for rest of season

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Ryan Braun suspended for rest of season

Post by fargoblues »

Ryan Braun on Feb 25, 2012. What an arrogant DB.
I am the victim of a process that completely broke down and failed. The program, in the way that it was applied to me, was absolutely fatally flawed.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Ryan Braun suspended for rest of season

Post by dmiles2186 »

Ryan Braun today:
“As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”
Good riddance, liar.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If he loved the game he wouldn't have disrespected it like that. Screw him, I wish the suspension was permanent, as it should also be for A-Roid. Another piece of crap.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

glen a richter wrote:If he loved the game he wouldn't have disrespected it like that. Screw him, I wish the suspension was permanent, as it should also be for A-Roid. Another piece of crap.
This, and this.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:If he loved the game he wouldn't have disrespected it like that. Screw him, I wish the suspension was permanent, as it should also be for A-Roid. Another piece of crap.
Completely agree. The 50-100-ban was a nice idea and a step in the right direction, but apparently only a small one.

First time: 1 year + some sort of contract penalty*
Second time: peace

*I'd be in favor of something along the lines of contract automatically being voided/reduced to league minimum or league minimum for remainder of career. Something like that would remove (or at least severely reduce) the financial incentive players have to cheat.

I don't know which is worse between Braun and ARod, but I wish they would both just go away.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

A-Rod is worse, he's been obstructing this whole thing since the beginning, he franking paid to have evidence destroyed, he shouldn't just be suspended, he should serve jail time. The more he denies it, the worse he looks. Everyone knows but he's just too damn selfish to man up to his mistakes. Even if he wasn't juicing, everything else he has done warrants a lifetime suspension and legal action. At least as big a douche as Braun has looked like, when he was backed into a corner he finally accepted responsibility.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

As a Cardinal fan, I have extra disdain for Braun than I otherwise would. I haven't ever liked him from his shirt untucking days to 2011 to Brewer douchery to his BS triumphant speech after getting off on a technicality.

That said, ARod is probably pulling back ahead. Apparently Selig is going to ban him for life on Thursday or Friday. ARod will fight it, but I wonder if he's digging his own grave. He is rumored to be more than a client of Biogenesis, but somebody that helped get clients (and maybe distribute?, probably not logistically possible though). Anyway, if they went after Bonds and Clemens, I wonder what they would do against ARod who may be guilty of more than consuming.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I can't wait for the gavel to drop on A-Rod. The ensuing media circus of an appeal should be funny as well. The man is 38 years old though, I mean how much would he have had left in the tank anyway? Even if his suspension gets cut down to 1 full season, he'll be pushing 40 when he comes back. It would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining if this was 10 years ago, but still it's a positive step forward to cleaning up the game.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Up to a few days ago, A-Rod was saying how he wants to continue to be a role model. Dude is delusional.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Up to a few days ago, A-Rod was saying how he wants to continue to be a role model. Dude is delusional.
For real. Shit like that is what is making me sick of him. You don't get to have it both ways. You can't cheat, apologize, cheat again, then cheat some more, and try to come out as a good guy. I can get over the cheating, to a point anyway. He is far from the only one. But take your shame in silence. Don't try to convince how you're really a swell guy. You're not. I hate people like that that think they can do whatever they want and then just talk their way out of anything. If you want to be a cheating douche, be a cheating douche (OK, well, on second thought, actually don't be a cheating douche in the first place). But, when I call you a cheating douche, don't try to convince me you're not.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

All of these douchenozzles really piss me off.

Stop calling it "admitting my mistake". Call it "I finally got caught and have no other options than to come clean". If these assholes would have had the manberries to admit to what they did BEFORE getting pinned into a corner, then yes, I might have some respect for them, and some sympathy. As it stands, I'm in favor of a lifetime ban, period. For fucks sake you get paid millions to play a game. A-roid makes my annual salary in a single game. (Frank) him, and (Frank) the whole lot of 'em.

For the record, that includes McGwire.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

fargoblues wrote: A-roid makes my annual salary in a single game.
You make nearly 200 grand a year and sseagle has the balls to call me an elitist? Frank!

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

glen a richter wrote:
You make nearly 200 grand a year and sseagle has the balls to call me an elitist? Frank!
Living in North Dakota does have its advantages...I'm an elitist just becaus

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

glen a richter wrote:
Living in North Dakota does have its advantages...a guy can be elite just cause there's nobody else around!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Ryan Braun: "I have no one to blame but myself." And that sample handler you threw squarely under the bus, you giant douche. Shut the (Frank) up. You would never have admitted anything if you hadn't been forced to. You're a liar, you're a fraud, you're an arsehole. I hope you get beaned in every game the rest of your career.