NHL to take over the Devils

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

NHL to take over the Devils

Post by glen a richter »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 32739.html Return of the Kansas City Scouts? Based on Buttman's plan to expand to 32 teams and the makeup of the new divisions as is, moving NJ to Kansas City would actually make a lot of sense. Then they can go ahead with their plans to expand to Seattle and Quebec. Everything would then be perfectly even--8 teams per division just like they apparently want. And then perhaps all this expansion nonsense can go away forever.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: NHL to take over the Devils

Post by Kreegz2 »

Hope they don't move. I've always liked the Devils. Scott Stevens is one of my all time favorite players. It's a shame that I was too young to see him play in the Bluenote.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Lou lamarillo can lick my taint. Respect brodeur, hate the organization.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Devils are a weird franchise. 3 Stanley Cups in a matter of 7-8 years and yet they can't keep their fan base interested. Maybe it's over saturation in the New York/New Jersey market, I don't know. But they've got one of the greatest goalies of all time playing for them, they had one of the biggest American names in hockey playing for them up until last year (Parise), they had a few season of Kovalchuk, and yet The Rock is rarely filled up. It's hard to remember they were in the Stanley Cup finals just last year.

That said, I don't think the NHL's takeover of the Devils will last as long as the Coyotes.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb