LGBR Poll #4: Episode 33 posted

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

LGBR Poll #4: Episode 33 posted

Post by JPonder94 »

On this episode, we will discuss the possible expansion of the NHL as well as news that Coyotes fans love to hear. The NHL makes a move with the Director of Officiating role and we get to your fan feedback. All of this and more on this episode of Lets Go Blues Radio.

http://www.letsgoblues.com/radio/19-pod ... -expansion

I forgot to mention the new poll on the latest show, so here it is. Not really a "poll" but something that you will all probably enjoy getting involved in!

If you could name a new NHL franchise in Seattle, what would you call it?
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: LGBR Poll #4: Episode 33 posted

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've not made it through the entire episode yet, but I'm at the part where you guys are talking names for a possible Seattle franchise.

Not that it matters since the discussion has been had, but the OKC Thunder own the rights to the Sonics name. From what I've read, if Seattle were to get an expansion or a relocated NBA franchise, OKC would forfeit the rights to that name and it would go back to Seattle.

So my choice is the Seattle Pilots, in tribute to the MLB team that lasted only one season and are most remembered as being the team written about in Jim Bouton's book, 'Ball Four.'

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Simple. The Seattle Reign. Why should a freaking soccer team get the rights to such a perfectly fitting team name?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:Simple. The Seattle Reign. Why should a freaking soccer team get the rights to such a perfectly fitting team name?
That's the WNBA team's name. The soccer team is the Sounders.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

http://www.seattlereignfc.com/ How do I know more about soccer than you, dude?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:http://www.seattlereignfc.com/ How do I know more about soccer than you, dude?
Ah kudos. The WNBA team is the Seattle Storm. Either way, that's the female soccer team, so does that even count? I was still right that the MLS team is the Sounders. :mrgreen:

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:If you could name a new NHL franchise in Seattle, what would you call it?
Seattle Thunder The SuperSonics moved to OKC, and are now the Thunder. You could have a game between the Thunder and Lightning.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

The Seattle Hipsters?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

A would you rather for next week's episode:

A) The acquisition of Brett Hull never happened

B) The Blues still draft EJ #1, the golf cart doesn't wreck his knee, the Blues commit by giving him a Tyler Myers-esque deal, but then get Tyler Myers (or EJ)-esque production for the duration of the deal

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

dmiles2186 wrote:A would you rather for next week's episode:

B) The Blues still draft EJ #1, the golf cart doesn't wreck his knee, the Blues commit by giving him a Tyler Myers-esque deal, but then get Tyler Myers (or EJ)-esque production for the duration of the deal
B. It would have to be several (5+) very bad signings over very long periods of time, concurrently, without the ability to buy-out.

Another would you rather.
A) Have a collection of the facial shavings of every player on every team the Blues ever eliminated. Its all neatly organized on seasoning racks.
B) Have a collection of all the teeth, ligaments, body parts that Blues players lost due to injury.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

You have to look at it this way. EJ doesn't wreck his knee, MAYBE he's a top d-man and maybe he's still a bust. You don't draft EJ, do you ever trade for Stewart (valuable if he's right) and Shatty (vital cog), plus the pick that produced Rattie (jury's still out until he gets some NHL experience). I'd rather we drafted EJ and the whole thing panned out exactly how it did (with all due respect to EJ, sorry about the knee but that's what happens when you goof off whilst drunk on a golf course). But since that's not a choice, I think I'd actually pick choice A. I understand the tremendous importance of the Brett Hull trade to the team, and truth be told, watching him play was the reason I became a Blues fan in the first place. However, the fact remains he never actually delivered a cup. A healthy EJ who played up to his first overall status COULD have been a big piece of this team even without Shatty, Stewart and Rattie, assuming suitable alternatives were brought in in their place.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Winning Unlimited wrote:

B. It would have to be several (5+) very bad signings over very long periods of time, concurrently, without the ability to buy-out.

Another would you rather.
A) Have a collection of the facial shavings of every player on every team the Blues ever eliminated. Its all neatly organized on seasoning racks.
B) Have a collection of all the teeth, ligaments, body parts that Blues players lost due to injury.
Neither bro, that's just gross.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

You know, Dr. James Andrews probably has jars of knee ligaments from RGIII and Tom Brady. Also, a piece of Carp's elbow is probably on his desk somewhere. That's unique memorabilia for the true collector.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If I were a doctor maybe I could understand the advantages of keeping things like that lying around the office. But I can't even begin to imagine the hell I'd get for having something like that in the house.