Blues Prospects Tournament

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby APOD » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 pm

http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91311

Going to be fun to see what Jaskin, Rattie, Hakanapaa, and Binnington are made of! Should be fun to watch.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby glen a richter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:48 pm

I hope there's a shootout somewhere along the way because I really want to see that wicked move Carrier is supposed to have... "shot".
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby STLADOGG » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm

glen a richter wrote:I hope there's a shootout somewhere along the way because I really want to see that wicked move Carrier is supposed to have... "shot".

lol, for real though I'd watch these games if they were televised.
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 pm

STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I hope there's a shootout somewhere along the way because I really want to see that wicked move Carrier is supposed to have... "shot".

lol, for real though I'd watch these games if they were televised.


They used to be on NHL Network, are they not any longer? Seriously, I would think they can take a break from showing a 1st round game between the Penguins and who the (Frank) ever for the 15th time.
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby glen a richter » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:52 pm

I remember it was on last year but my service provider was having some sort of dispute or something because the games were blacked out. It pissed me off something fierce because I really wanted to watch it.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7280
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby STLADOGG » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I hope there's a shootout somewhere along the way because I really want to see that wicked move Carrier is supposed to have... "shot".

lol, for real though I'd watch these games if they were televised.


They used to be on NHL Network, are they not any longer? Seriously, I would think they can take a break from showing a 1st round game between the Penguins and who the (Frank) ever for the 15th time.

I just assumed they weren't. After research I couldn't find anything still.
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby APOD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Jaskin - Ok I see him on the team right out of camp, super physical and alwsys aware of everything around him.

Rattie - Needs to bulk up a bit and get physical, but kids has some hands(reminds me of senko) but his eyes! kid can find the hole good sniper.

Carrier - Really need to pay attention to this guy he is definitely going somewhere.

Binnington - Solid and on a good path, we sure know how to get good young goalies hopefully we keep this one lol
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby APOD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Guess I should mention we are 1-1
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby Robb_K » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 pm

[quote="APOD"]Jaskin - Ok I see him on the team right out of camp, super physical and alwsys aware of everything around him.

Rattie - Needs to bulk up a bit and get physical, but kids has some hands(reminds me of senko) but his eyes! kid can find the hole good sniper.

Carrier - Really need to pay attention to this guy he is definitely going somewhere.

Binnington - Solid and on a good path, we sure know how to get good young goalies hopefully we keep this one lol[/quote]

How did Hakanpaa look? He's got a lot of the necessary tools to be a successful NHL defenceman. He just needs a little seasoning in the North American game.
User avatar
Robb_K
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:26 pm
Location: Oude Niedorp, Netherlands

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby APOD » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Robb_K wrote:
APOD wrote: Jaskin - Ok I see him on the team right out of camp, super physical and alwsys aware of everything around him.

Rattie - Needs to bulk up a bit and get physical, but kids has some hands(reminds me of senko) but his eyes! kid can find the hole good sniper.

Carrier - Really need to pay attention to this guy he is definitely going somewhere.

Binnington - Solid and on a good path, we sure know how to get good young goalies hopefully we keep this one lol


How did Hakanpaa look? He's got a lot of the necessary tools to be a successful NHL defenceman. He just needs a little seasoning in the North American game.


Didnt pay too much attention but Hakanpaa can play some min has a good conditioning 30min a night should be no big deal to him, just has to play better to earn a spot on a line that plays those long min shifts.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby cprice12 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am

APOD wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
APOD wrote: Jaskin - Ok I see him on the team right out of camp, super physical and alwsys aware of everything around him.

Rattie - Needs to bulk up a bit and get physical, but kids has some hands(reminds me of senko) but his eyes! kid can find the hole good sniper.

Carrier - Really need to pay attention to this guy he is definitely going somewhere.

Binnington - Solid and on a good path, we sure know how to get good young goalies hopefully we keep this one lol


How did Hakanpaa look? He's got a lot of the necessary tools to be a successful NHL defenceman. He just needs a little seasoning in the North American game.


Didnt pay too much attention but Hakanpaa can play some min has a good conditioning 30min a night should be no big deal to him, just has to play better to earn a spot on a line that plays those long min shifts.


30 min. a night?
That's more than any other player in the league averaged. Defensemen who log a ton of minutes, max out in the mid 20's on average per game.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19539
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby ViPeRx007 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 pm

cprice12 wrote:
APOD wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
APOD wrote: Jaskin - Ok I see him on the team right out of camp, super physical and alwsys aware of everything around him.

Rattie - Needs to bulk up a bit and get physical, but kids has some hands(reminds me of senko) but his eyes! kid can find the hole good sniper.

Carrier - Really need to pay attention to this guy he is definitely going somewhere.

Binnington - Solid and on a good path, we sure know how to get good young goalies hopefully we keep this one lol


How did Hakanpaa look? He's got a lot of the necessary tools to be a successful NHL defenceman. He just needs a little seasoning in the North American game.


Didnt pay too much attention but Hakanpaa can play some min has a good conditioning 30min a night should be no big deal to him, just has to play better to earn a spot on a line that plays those long min shifts.


30 min. a night?
That's more than any other player in the league averaged. Defensemen who log a ton of minutes, max out in the mid 20's on average per game.


Yea but Hakanpaa is a Spartan warrior man-beast. Once you factor that part in it makes sense. In fact, you wonder why he isn't closer to 40min.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9500
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Blues Prospects Tournament

Postby APOD » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Just rolled a number out :facepalm:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald
User avatar
APOD
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Location: Lebanon, MO


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gaijin, Google [Bot] and 4 guests

cron