GDT #11: 11/1/13 > Blues @ Panthers > 6:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

GDT #11: 11/1/13 > Blues @ Panthers > 6:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by dmiles2186 »

Last time we played these guys, we put up a touchdown and kicked the PAT. I expect nothing less. Let's tack on a field goal. 10-0.

GO BLUES.
BLUES (7-1-2) at PANTHERS (3-7-2)

TV: FS-MW, FS-F

Last 10: Florida 2-6-2, St. Louis 7-1-2

Season series: This is the second of two matchups between the St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers. The first was a 7-0 Blues thrashing in St. Louis on Oct. 5 in which they had seven different goal scorers.

Big story: The Panthers rank in the bottom five in goals against, and toward the bottom of the NHL in penalty killing. The Blues, meanwhile, are in the top three in goals scored and power-play percentage.

Team scope:

Blues: St. Louis comes in having picked up at least a point in five straight games after a 3-2 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday. Alexander Steen scored with a minute left in the third period to break the deadlock.

"It's pretty impressive, isn't it? We all know he's pretty deserving. He works his tail off day in and day out. He's one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in any sport. He deserves all the success. We've just got to make sure he keeps going," said defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, who assisted on the game-winner.

This is the start of a three-game road trip for the Blues, and just their fourth road game. St. Louis is 2-0-1 in the first three.

Jaroslav Halak continued to impress in net, allowing two goals on 23 shots for his seventh win in nine games. He had six wins in 15 starts last season.

"[Halak] was terrific tonight. We needed him, and it was good to see," coach Ken Hitchcock said.

Panthers: Florida has had four nights off since a 4-3 shootout loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday. The Panthers trailed 3-1 before two third-period goals sent the game into overtime.

It was their third shootout in four games, as they dropped to 1-2.

"Unfortunately, we end up on the wrong end of these (shootouts) right now, but there's guys that are pushing hard and that's what we have to keep doing," coach Kevin Dineen said.

The Panthers are on a three-game losing streak, their third of the season.

"It's tough going down 2-0 early like that, but we played really hard and battled back. It's tough to have the final outcome happen," said wing Shawn Matthias, who had the Panthers' first goal.

Who's hot: Steen has 11 goals, including a current five-game goal streak (seven goals), and Pietrangelo has two goals and two assists in two games for the Blues. … Tomas Fleischmann has points in three of five games for the Panthers.

Injury report: Goalie Tim Thomas (lower body), wing Steven Pinizzotto (hip) and defenseman Ed Jovanovski (hip) are on injured reserve for the Panthers while Fleischmann (flu-like symptoms) is probable. … The Blues are without Magnus Paajarvi (upper-body). Maxim Lapierre, who just finished serving a five-game suspension is probable, and Brenden Morrow (upper body) is questionable.
Last edited by dmiles2186 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #11: 10/31/13 > Blues @ Panthers > 6:30 PM > FSMW/KM

Post by Kreegz2 »

I'm driving 4 hours down to the Panthers arena later today. This will be the first Blues game I've attended since the series clincher against the Sharks in 2012. I'll be 9 rows up on the Blue Line that the Blues attack twice wearing my Tony Twist Jersey. Then tomorrow I drive the 4 hours back and get to see the Blues again in Tampa. :okman: :mrgreen:
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Kreegz2 wrote:I'm driving 4 hours down to the Panthers arena later today. This will be the first Blues game I've attended since the series clincher against the Sharks in 2012. I'll be 9 rows up on the Blue Line that the Blues attack twice wearing my Tony Twist Jersey. Then tomorrow I drive the 4 hours back and get to see the Blues again in Tampa. :okman: :mrgreen:
Fuckin mint!

5-0 Blues. Steen with a pair, Stewart breaks out with 2, Sobotka with an nine'a hearts dipsy doo razzle dazzle HOLY JUMPIN. SPREAD IT OONNNNNNNN.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

(Frank) the kittehs.

Also, you bandwagon assholes can just stay away, we are fine already 7-1-2 with an actual attendance somewhere around 8k a night.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

Kreegz2 wrote:I'm driving 4 hours down to the Panthers arena later today. This will be the first Blues game I've attended since the series clincher against the Sharks in 2012. I'll be 9 rows up on the Blue Line that the Blues attack twice wearing my Tony Twist Jersey. Then tomorrow I drive the 4 hours back and get to see the Blues again in Tampa. :okman: :mrgreen:

That's awesome! Don't drive too hungover!

So with Porter back, are we gonna have a lookout for the CPR line? I had to say it :twisted:
Bite the heads off those rats!

Blues 4
Kitties 1
Oshie says hello to Jovi again

[youtube][/youtube]
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Kind of worried about this game. I don't know what it is, maybe looking ahead to Tampa and overlooking how pissy Florida got during the last game. They'll come out angry with something to prove, take out some bodies and leave us battered and bruised. 4-2 Blues, but limping into the next game.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Holy crap, Stewart scored.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

In Minneapolis tonight. At least these fukkers know what the hockies are.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Only 4-0? C'mon guys. Pathetic effort. Fell 6 short of the 10 goal mark. Sheesh.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

dmiles2186 wrote:Only 4-0? C'mon guys. Pathetic effort. Fell 6 short of the 10 goal mark. Sheesh.
Two safeties for a win would be pretty spectacular actually.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The scoreboard looked nice. HOWEVER Markstrom sucks very badly, I mean look at the Stewart goal. Plus the kittens decently outshot the Blues. Ells played great to secure the shutout. An effort like this against a team that actually has scoring threats (Tampa Bay) may result in an L.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #11: 11/1/13 > Blues @ Panthers > 6:30 PM > FSMW/KMO

Post by dmiles2186 »

Purposely, I put the wrong date on the original GDT thread. Marked it as 10/31/13 instead of 11/1/13. I wanted to see how many of you would bank a loss on that, but no one caught it and the good guys won 4-0. So it's been definitively proven that messing up in the GDT title does not mean an automatic loss to the Blues!

Okay...I just completely put the wrong date and tried to cover it up. But whatevs, still a win.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:Purposely, I put the wrong date on the original GDT thread. Marked it as 10/31/13 instead of 11/1/13. I wanted to see how many of you would bank a loss on that, but no one caught it and the good guys won 4-0. So it's been definitively proven that messing up in the GDT title does not mean an automatic loss to the Blues!

Okay...I just completely put the wrong date and tried to cover it up. But whatevs, still a win.
It's only bad if they're playing a real opponent. Florida is not a real opponent.

BlueNoteworthy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueNoteworthy »

Can we play the Panthers every game? 43% of Blues goals not scored by a guy named Steen are from the 2 games against the Panthers. I am cheering for them to make it to the Stanley Cup finals so we can play them again. Then maybe Stewart can get his 5th point of the season (all 4 are against Florida).