Most Dissapointing Blue this season?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Most Dissapointing Blue this season?

Post by Oaklandblue »

Just noticed:
ViPeRx007 wrote:You can go to hell, Mike Smith.
Since when does Mike Smith play for the Blues? lol.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Oaklandblue wrote:Just noticed:
You're taking the quote out of context. Remember when Mike Smith stood on his freaking head the other day in the OT loss?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Wait, Mike Smith doesn't play for the Blues?!!111 :roll:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

glen a richter wrote:
You're taking the quote out of context. Remember when Mike Smith stood on his freaking head the other day in the OT loss?
I had read Bluenoteworthy's quote-happy post as "The fans hating the Blues, etc." and him pull-quoting (and yeah, that read Stalker to me too) so-called derogatory things that Viper was posting about the Note to put him into that grouping. Why I was like 'Wait, Mike doesn't play for us, what kinda fan are you lol etc..'

Okay, so I can't read. Feel better now :)
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

BlueNoteworthy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueNoteworthy »

Stalkerish? :lol: If you had even half the intelligence of an ordinary person, you would realize that every post is linked to your username. You have 9000 posts and you don't even know how a bulletin board works. All I had to do was click on your name, click "search user's posts", and cut and paste. It took less than 5 minutes. Get over yourself.

I posted the Mike Smith comment because I was posting all negative comments in general, not just those directed at the Blues. It just so happened that was the only one he made about another team's player in the lastdozen or so posts he made. I didn't have to search very far. All that negativity from Mr. Positive was in the last dozen or so posts. Further down in my post, I wrote that the idiots on this forum also denigrate (that means say bad things about, for you slow-witted forum members) the players on other teams. For that I referenced (that means pointed out) that people call Sidney Crosby as Cindy, and the Sedin twins as the Sedin sisters. Those three also do not play for St. Louis in case it took you a minute to realize. Although if they did play for the Blues, they would be sacrosanct (that means you can't say bad things about them). According to super fan Viper, you can never comment about how poorly someone on the Blues is playing and should instead blindly enjoy the ride until the inevitable collapse. So suddenly they would cease being girls, just by nature of the team for which they play.

As for Viper accusing me of thinking I am better than other fans :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow. He is the one who came out and said in his post that other fans are a disappointment. I was merely pointing out that I support the Blues as much as is possible, even though I may call out a player who is underperforming.

So I will leave you with this, Viper. If you are so overwhelmingly positive that birds circle your head, flowers grow in your presence and the hills become alive, why did you even click on the thread in the first place? It was clearly marked as a discussion about which Blues have been disappointing. If that type of fan disappoints you so much and you enjoy staying positive, why even go there? Why bother to comment? Maybe because we had a run in on an earlier post and you saw I created the topic. Maybe you were the one who was stalking me, following me into a topic I created to make a snarky remark. Maybe you are not so positive after all. Whatever your reason, on this I hope we can both agree, go Blues!!! You cheer for them in your way, and I will in mine.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:Stalkerish? :lol: If you had even half the intelligence of an ordinary person, you would realize that every post is linked to your username. You have 9000 posts and you don't even know how a bulletin board works. All I had to do was click on your name, click "search user's posts", and cut and paste. It took less than 5 minutes. Get over yourself.

I posted the Mike Smith comment because I was posting all negative comments in general, not just those directed at the Blues. It just so happened that was the only one he made about another team's player in the lastdozen or so posts he made. I didn't have to search very far. All that negativity from Mr. Positive was in the last dozen or so posts. Further down in my post, I wrote that the idiots on this forum also denigrate (that means say bad things about, for you slow-witted forum members) the players on other teams. For that I referenced (that means pointed out) that people call Sidney Crosby as Cindy, and the Sedin twins as the Sedin sisters. Those three also do not play for St. Louis in case it took you a minute to realize. Although if they did play for the Blues, they would be sacrosanct (that means you can't say bad things about them). According to super fan Viper, you can never comment about how poorly someone on the Blues is playing and should instead blindly enjoy the ride until the inevitable collapse. So suddenly they would cease being girls, just by nature of the team for which they play.

As for Viper accusing me of thinking I am better than other fans :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow. He is the one who came out and said in his post that other fans are a disappointment. I was merely pointing out that I support the Blues as much as is possible, even though I may call out a player who is underperforming.

So I will leave you with this, Viper. If you are so overwhelmingly positive that birds circle your head, flowers grow in your presence and the hills become alive, why did you even click on the thread in the first place? It was clearly marked as a discussion about which Blues have been disappointing. If that type of fan disappoints you so much and you enjoy staying positive, why even go there? Why bother to comment? Maybe because we had a run in on an earlier post and you saw I created the topic. Maybe you were the one who was stalking me, following me into a topic I created to make a snarky remark. Maybe you are not so positive after all. Whatever your reason, on this I hope we can both agree, go Blues!!! You cheer for them in your way, and I will in mine.
Stalker!!! :lol:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:Stalkerish? :lol: If you had even half the intelligence of an ordinary person, you would realize that every post is linked to your username. You have 9000 posts and you don't even know how a bulletin board works. All I had to do was click on your name, click "search user's posts", and cut and paste. It took less than 5 minutes. Get over yourself.

Nice use of big words! ...then explaining them. That's a nice touch.

You misinterpret everything I post on here as serious, and that's your first mistake. The whole basis of your problem with me is flawed. I'm not negative. I'm normal. I'm happy when things are going well, I'm unhappy when they don't. You seem to be negative pretty much all the time.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Of all the complaints, people calling Sidney Crosby 'Cindy' and the Sedins the 'Sedin Sisters' are some of the more egregious examples you have issues with on here? Really?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

What does "the" mean? I no spek propor eng!ish....
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

I don't like this guy.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

He just seems to have some personal dislike for Viper. -.- Or maybe he's really really attracted to him. Judging from all the quoting.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

KrustyKevo wrote:He just seems to have some personal dislike for Viper. -.- Or maybe he's really really attracted to him. Judging from all the quoting.
I agree and feel it's the afore. Why?
BlueNoteworthy wrote:Yes. I can see the positivity just dripping off of you in waves ViPeRx007. Let me show you some examples of your positivity, as you never have a bad thing to say about the Blues or any member of their team.
Yet, he brings up Mike Smith. That was a red flag to me. If you're going to talk about being negative about the team, why pad it with how we feel about someone that plays for another team, OF COURSE WE AIN'T GUNNA LIKE THEM, cause we want our guys to win. What a concept, right?

Also, I don't see any problem with us critiquing the team's performance, even when they win. Imho we have a right to, and an obligation cause that's our job as fans. Halak's letting too many goals get past him. That's a fact. Is he improved? Yes. IS he showing effort? Abso-fuggin-lutely. Is he a good starter? Hell yes. But he's still Jaroslav Halak and he has some fundamental issues and you don't ignore those cause yay, the team won. You look at what you could have done better and use that and the positivity of the win to help the team grow and improve. That's how you win Cups.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Oaklandblue wrote:
KrustyKevo wrote:He just seems to have some personal dislike for Viper. -.- Or maybe he's really really attracted to him. Judging from all the quoting.
I agree and feel it's the afore. Why?
BlueNoteworthy wrote:Yes. I can see the positivity just dripping off of you in waves ViPeRx007. Let me show you some examples of your positivity, as you never have a bad thing to say about the Blues or any member of their team.
Yet, he brings up Mike Smith. That was a red flag to me. If you're going to talk about being negative about the team, why pad it with how we feel about someone that plays for another team, OF COURSE WE AIN'T GUNNA LIKE THEM, cause we want our guys to win. What a concept, right?

Also, I don't see any problem with us critiquing the team's performance, even when they win. Imho we have a right to, and an obligation cause that's our job as fans. Halak's letting too many goals get past him. That's a fact. Is he improved? Yes. IS he showing effort? Abso-fuggin-lutely. Is he a good starter? Hell yes. But he's still Jaroslav Halak and he has some fundamental issues and you don't ignore those cause yay, the team won. You look at what you could have done better and use that and the positivity of the win to help the team grow and improve. That's how you win Cups.
Once again I defer to my previous point: most of the posts of mine he quoted were in jest. He would know that if he actually knew who I am. Instead, he took them all literally. Fine, it was a simple misunderstanding, right? No, he resorted to belittling me. I'm fine with people disagreeing and debating with me, but when it turns to personal attacks that's a whole different thing. My problem is people who are overly negative and so I pointed it out. I can't help it if he can't handle someone being negative toward him. He seems to dish it out, but as soon as I went against him he threw a hand grenade, saying I (and most other people here) are basically idiots, and then ran away. Again, it's absolutely healthy as a fan to have questions about the team and be disappointed in struggles and defeat, but there's a point where it just gets annoying too. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, I don't know.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

I have three things to say:

1. BlueNoteWorthy may be a very sensitive person who is not yet familiar with Viper's humorous venom, which is ok, he'll get used to it, or
2. BlueNotWorthy is a troll and then you guys are just wasting your time. But you would know that better than me.
3. Either way, how did I miss this thread? Awesome catfight!

On the topic, I would say Stewart but my expectations for him are low anyway. I would say Berglund but his lack of scoring is just bad luck, the guy is one of my favorite Blues and he does a lot of dirty work around the boards. I would say Steen because he is only tied with Ovechkin in goals and is behind Crosby in points (really, wtf Steener!).

I could go on, but you get my point. It's hard to be disappointed when a team is playing so well as a unit. So no one besides Steen stood out so far, no big deal. Everyone's got everyone's back, that's what matters. And the wins keep coming, that's what matters. So let's go Blues!!!

Go on now, continue with the catfight. I'll grab some popcorn :)
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Oaklandblue wrote:
I think everyone here feels the same as you, in one way or another. There is alot of Apathy in the fanbase, which is understandable when your ownership situation changes every 5-10 years. You build up, tear down, sell. Build up, tear down, sell. There's been no long-running ownership so that the team grows over time, which has helped most not only win Cups, but also build dynasties (Yeah, you look at say, Detroit. Those Cups and that dynasty was 55 years in the making, same ownership). The fans are waiting for the foot to drop and the truth, the real truth, is simple: This team ain't winning a Cup this year.

They play sloppy. They play inconsistant. They have tools that are misused, ignored or assigned poorly which has resulted in the play we're seeing, a red-hot scoring Polak, an agitator Stewart, etc. Steen has turned the corner and is doing what we expected Schwartz to do, and Steen....man, that's been FIVE years in the making. People have ignored Steen forever and the truth is, the guy has always had the goods, but needed time and a line that he can connect and make dynamite with. Players like Bergy benefit from that and as for Bergy - Roy and Osh. Bergy is not a true Center, I don't care what anyone says. At wing, I think he's a force to be reckoned with.

Halak gets alot of credit for playing very average, almost backup stats at goal. Two games ago he was sitting at .897 on a team with iirc a 12-2 record. .897 with the D we have doesn't say alot about your goalie. He's .907 now, which may good enough for all of you, but with this group, it's not going to win us a Cup.

And the Ken Hitchcock we need isn't this goombah we got, it's the Dallas Stars Hitchcock we need, but Ken wants to continue to play a parody of instead of the mustached real deal. He doesn't press hard enough, he doesn't demand the best, he skates along like Berglund or Stewart do. No bag skate. No benching. Nothing.

The fans pay how much for seats, give the team how much of their time and are taking for empty promises and players put on a pedestal who can't win against a team like the Jets.

Maybe they should move and start over.

See, the mistake in all of this is demanding the fans believe in something even they see as a lie. When the greatest moment in Blues History is a series we LOST (The Monday Night Miracle), it's really hard to expect the fanbase to do much more, after 40+ years, than to show Apathy, especially when there's a laundry list of players wearing the note in the HoF or go on to teams and win the Cup there (Prongs, for instance).

Frankly, the majority of Blues fans I have met in person have the exact same demeanor about the team as Viper and many others have expressed and it's a demanor that IS EARNED, not given, because of the team's history and the organization and its owners don't care enough to win, because at the end of the day it's a business to them, not a team. And there's always next year.

But I will say this:

I'm not from St. Louis and I've never had the privilidge to be in the Barn, never had the prilidge to watch Mike Liut or The Wick play and catch games when I can in person at the Shark Tank, and I don't give a damn if they ever win a Cup, because they're my team. Those of you in the STL consider yourselves fortunate because my Seals moved a long time ago and the Sharks can go to Hell. The fact the Blues exist and they play is more than enough for me and if through some twist of fate they end up being moved or dissolved, I'll keep wearing the Note because it'll always remind me of times in my life when things didn't go the way I wanted them to or went badly but at the end of it, you keep going and you keep moving along - just like the Blues. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but at the end of it, you're still moving along. You're not giving up and everytime they lace up their skates, everytime they put on the sweaters, they're saying I'm not giving up and moving forward, and that's the kind of thing I wouldn't trade a Cup for. Ever.

Long Live The Note.
Love the last paragraph.

At the end of the day, you're a fan of the team you are because you love them and follow them no matter what. We can't all be bandwagon Hawks fans and decide to start liking a team when they win several championships. The unfortunate truth (to go all John Madden for a moment) is that only one team a year wins a national championship and at any given point in whatever league you are a fan of there are 20, 30, 120 (college) teams. One wins. Even with a phenomenal team the odds are simply stacked against you year after year that YOU will be the team that wins. We all want the cup, yea. Gets frustrating as HELL to be a fan of this team sometimes, yea. But hey, at least it's not 2005. haha.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Well, in all fairness, the Aces did win the Kelly Cup in 05 and they were an affiliate of the Blues then, so that counts for something, right? :)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Two years ago, it was very, very exciting to see what was going on because the rebuilding years kind of sucked and we were starved for some good hockey.
It's understandable that some may not be too overly excited about THIS year's team because we've been there and done that already over the past couple years. This team has dominated during the regular season over the past two years, so we're used to it again.
Fans want a deep playoff run and a cup. I want it, you want it...everyone does..and that's perfectly understandable.

But I'll say this...
This team is better than the team two years ago...at least so far.
They are doing everything right. They are consistently playing 60 minute games (an issue they've had in previous seasons). They are scoring at a higher clip (a glaring issue in previous seasons). The PP is very good. The PK is good. The immaturity issues/mistakes seem to be all but gone. The defense is arguably the best in the league. They are getting solid goaltending...and we have beaten the defending cup champs twice already.

Based on what we have seen so far, and it's still rather early in the season so a lot can happen...this is the best Blues team we have ever seen. They roll 4 lines. The system they play works and works very well...and the players have bought into it. It's also nice to be almost unbeatable at home.

I get that some folks are numb to recent regular season success because of the lack of recent postseason success. But this team is noticeably better in a well rounded and more complete way. Not sure what else to say. It would be a shame if some of you didn't fully enjoy what could be THE most historic season in Blues history. Not saying it is going to happen by any means, because you need a lot of luck in the playoffs, but the odds of this team doing something special seem to be better than they have ever been...like I said...so far anyway.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:Just curious who you all think is the most disappointing Blue this season. We all know Steen is easily the most impressive. The whole first line is doing well. Although I do wish Osh would shoot more and hence score more. I definitely understand why he isn't with Steen so hot. Petro and Bouwmeester are solid. Vladdy Sobotka is playing great with his tenacity and face-offs. Polak has 3 (Frank) goals :shock: . Halak has played well. So who is the most disappointing. Here are my contenders:

Derek Roy - Ok, I have the opposite of a soft spot in my heart for this guy. I was really disappointed that he was our big free-agent signing. I had hoped for one of the big names in the first big rush. When we did sign him after losing out on others, I though Grabovski would be a better deal (caps signed him for a steal), and great on a Russian-speaking line with Tarasenko. So I might be biased here. Roy has some points, 5 G, 6A, but he is a -3 on a team with a great positive goal differential. He isn't making other players better, which is what he was brought in to do. Grabovski on the other hand has 17 points and a +3, while not playing with Ovechkin most of the time, and was signed for a mill less. The only thing keeping Roy off my pick as a winner is that he has had some great chances the last few games. I just wish he would bury more of them and connect with his set-ups.

Jaden Schwartz - He also has a few points, 3g, 7a. However, given how much hype he was given for his performance during the end of last season, I thought he'd be stepping into his own this season. He is also 9th on the team in ice time at over 16 minutes. I also am not seeing the great missed chances from him. Compared to Tarasenko, who has the same points, 6g, 4a, but with less ice time (13 minutes) and many more great plays that don't connect. Still he is a young, so he hopefully just needs more time.

Brenden Morrow - Management hyped him after the signing. I didn't really expect too much. He's played 11 games, missing a few to injury and I believe a few to healthy scratch, and has 3 points. Not good, but he cost a million and was added as depth, so I'm not that surprised or disappointed.

Chris Stewart - Everyone's favorite choice. See the Stewart is a big fat disappointment thread for all the reasons why. He is not my choice though as he is at least doing some things to help the team. His numbers aren't great 3g, 3a, but he is fighting, trying to make plays and screening the goalie. That is something.

And the Winner (or loser) is......

Patrik Berglund - He has the same number of points as Stewart with 1g, 5a. Only one goal though, and that was in the Panthers game where Thomas was giving goals away free with the purchase of a Gatorade. He only has 2 points in the last 13 games. I am not sure that he is doing anything to contribute. I have watched all but two games this year and those 2 I watched extended highlights. It has been a long time since I have seen him doing good work. I decided to post this because tonight was one of the games I watched the highlights, and he was only in there for 2 plays he flubbed. Nobody is talking about his poor play or any of his play, unlike Stewart who is under a microscope. Like Steen Berglund is also in a contract year with a one-year prove yourself deal. He is not proving himself and I wonder if he will be a Blue next year despite being a restricted free agent. They won't sign him to a one year deal because he would be a UFA next year. I doubt he'll sign a long-term deal at the price these numbers are showing him to be worth. So what happens? He still has time to turn it around for sure. At the almost quarter point in the season though, for me, he is by far the most disappointing guy for the Blues this season :facepalm: . We all knew Stewart was streaky and lazy. I really thought Berglund would have a good year on his prove it deal. He was trying early and not getting the bounces, but then he just disappeared, only showing up to blow a great pass from his linemates now and then.

So what are your thoughts?

But Yea I agree. Stewart and Berg need to go as they are only taking up space on the salary cap. But I expected them to have mediocre seasons. My choice that didn't meat my expectations would be Tarasenko. He hasn't been awful, but I thought he'd be our breakout star. Before the season started, I would have picked Tarasenko to have more goals than Steen. Tarasenko has been completely under the radar this year, under Steen, Backes, Oshie, Shatty, Boume, etc. I would have never guessed that the other "Vladimir" would outplay him (Sobotka). Maybe I just have false hopes in that the Blues could actually draft a forward that ends up like Ovechkin, Crosby, Stamkos, Hertl, Tavares, Duchene, Gaborik, Nash, Hall, Sequin, and the list goes on. Our team sucks at drafting. We finally get a chance to draft 1st overall and we pass Toews for Johnson for Goodness sakes. And I really don't want to Blues to suck for one more season to get another chance at it.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

How can you dog on Tarasenko? He hasn't even had one full season under his belt yet. Give the kid a break. After a concussion riddled season, he's getting his first taste of consistent healthy action. He's got more points than Berglund (granted, in more games played) but the difference is Bumps has been around and Frank hasn't.

The biggest disappointments have obviously been Berglund and Stewart. Both will be gone next year, possibly one gone at the deadline. Jaskin is doing mighty decently down in Chicago. I'd feel more comfortable with him going into the playoffs than either Bumps or Stewie.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Tarasanko is on pace for 26 goals in what is basically his first real NHL season.