Puck Daddy dissin on Steen!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

crazyhorse
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Puck Daddy dissin on Steen!

Post by crazyhorse »

2012-2013 official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Ryan Miller
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Kyle Brodziak
2016-2017 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 official LGB sponsor of Scotty Upshall
2018-2019 official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Puck Daddy dissin on Steen!

Post by ViPeRx007 »

What the heck kind of article is that? It's like Steen stole his lunch money back in elementary school. Is he a Toronto Maple Leafs fan or something? I don't think anybody here is honestly thinking that he'll will keep up this pace and win the scoring title. Most people are realistic, but this article just reeks of sour grapes, or maybe he's just a homer Ovie fanboy.

Oh well, who gives a crap what this guy says. I'll just continue on the way I have been, rooting for the TEAM to get W's. If Steen scores in the process, cool. If Steen doesn't score in the process, cool too. I just want the W's.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

My comment is below. Find it and up-vote it so this hack can be properly embarrassed by his shitty use of statistics.
This is just click bait. You want us to discount the stats that don't support your point, but put extra weight on stats that do, while you say some #$%$ that you know will #$%$ off Blues fans - and anybody that's actually watched the Blues play and likely beat their own team this year.

You and anyone doubting Steen and the Blues have probably not watched their games this year.. or, more likely, given your penchant for convenient use of stats, only watched the game against the Caps where they were playing back-to-back games on the road with several players fighting the flu. You have also forgotten the last 2 playoff seasons. They just keep on getting better and smarter, I can't wait for this year's off-season.

Steen probably won't win the scoring title, because that's not what he's playing for, and that's not what the Blues need him to do. This is in contrast with Ovie, whose caps would probably struggle to make the playoffs without his production.

Nevertheless, I do want to point out a very important stat conveniently missing from this complete hackjob of an article: Steen leads the league in +/- at +16. Ovechkin is in spot 699 out of 747 with a -8. MINUS EIGHT. So Steen is potting all those goals while playing a more complete game and better defense (again, watching a game would make this clear for you).

Steen has 2 more assists too, which isn't much, but is actually a 25% advantage over Ovechkin - another reflection of the more complete game he plays.

Hope you're proud of your #$%$ reporting.

One love,

Mike.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

drwoland wrote:My comment is below. Find it and up-vote it so this hack can be properly embarrassed by his shitty use of statistics.
This is just click bait. You want us to discount the stats that don't support your point, but put extra weight on stats that do, while you say some #$%$ that you know will #$%$ off Blues fans - and anybody that's actually watched the Blues play and likely beat their own team this year.

You and anyone doubting Steen and the Blues have probably not watched their games this year.. or, more likely, given your penchant for convenient use of stats, only watched the game against the Caps where they were playing back-to-back games on the road with several players fighting the flu. You have also forgotten the last 2 playoff seasons. They just keep on getting better and smarter, I can't wait for this year's off-season.

Steen probably won't win the scoring title, because that's not what he's playing for, and that's not what the Blues need him to do. This is in contrast with Ovie, whose caps would probably struggle to make the playoffs without his production.

Nevertheless, I do want to point out a very important stat conveniently missing from this complete hackjob of an article: Steen leads the league in +/- at +16. Ovechkin is in spot 699 out of 747 with a -8. MINUS EIGHT. So Steen is potting all those goals while playing a more complete game and better defense (again, watching a game would make this clear for you).

Steen has 2 more assists too, which isn't much, but is actually a 25% advantage over Ovechkin - another reflection of the more complete game he plays.

Hope you're proud of your #$%$ reporting.

One love,

Mike.
Upvoted. Excellent points. Nice sunglasses.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Ryan Lambert (the writer of this piece) specializes in this kind of thing. 'Click bait' is a proper term for it, drwoland. At the same time, he pretty much equally rips on every team in the league (plus their fans) so he doles it around evenly.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb