GDT #26: 12/2/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/NHLN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

GDT #26: 12/2/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/NHLN

Post by dmiles2186 »

Radio: KMOX

Late night affair. Hope the Blues can bounce back.
BLUES (18-4-3) at KINGS (16-7-4)

TV: NHLN-CA, FS-MW, FS-W

Last 10: St. Louis 7-2-1; Los Angeles 5-1-4

Season series: This is the first of three games between the St. Louis Blues and Los Angeles Kings. They will play twice in a two-week span in January.

Big story: Monday night marks the first time the Blues and Kings will face each other since the opening round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Los Angeles eliminated St. Louis in six games, winning four straight after the Blues raced out to a 2-0 series lead. Each of the six games was decided by one goal.

Team Scope:

Blues: St. Louis saw its five-game winning streak come to an end Friday when it suffered a 6-3 loss to the San Jose Sharks at SAP Center. Jaden Schwartz had a goal and an assist for the Blues, but goalie Brian Elliott was pulled after allowing four goals on 12 shots.

It was only the second time in November the Blues had allowed three goals or more in a game.

"Tough to say what happened, one way or the other," defenseman Ian Cole told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Sunday. "But it's obviously not acceptable, regardless of what time of day it is or what holiday it was the day before.

"It's not acceptable to come out with the start we did and we know we can't play that way against LA."

Kings: Los Angeles was moments away from extending its point streak to 12 games Saturday night, but Mike Cammalleri broke a 1-1 tie with 29.2 seconds remaining in regulation to lift the Calgary Flames to a 2-1 victory at Staples Center. The Kings had gone 7-0-4 in their previous 11 games.

"I think Scrivs [goalie Ben Scrivens] said it best … park it and move on," defenseman Willie Mitchell told LA Kings Insider on Sunday. "As [Kings coach] Darryl [Sutter] says, park and ride, right? He said it best. We've done that since he's been here with games we've won, and I think you've got to do that with games you lose. You're always consciously aware of what you did well and what you didn't, but you've got to prepare for your next opponent, and everyone knows how much respect we have for that team. It's a great team. Good depth, four great lines, good mix of experience, heavy, great team. That's what I mean … we're looking forward to St. Louis."

Who's hot: Schwartz extended his point streak to six games Friday. He has three goals and four assists in that span. Blues forward Alexander Steen had an assist against the Sharks. He has three goals and two assists during a four-game point streak. … Kings center Anze Kopitar has five points (two goals, three assists) in the past six games.

Injury report: St. Louis forward Ryan Reaves (hand) had surgery and will be re-evaluated in six weeks. Defenseman Jordan Leopold (hand) is on injured reserve. … Los Angeles will be without goalie Jonathan Quick (groin), forwards Matt Frattin (lower body) and Trevor Lewis (lower body), and defenseman Matt Greene (upper body).

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #26: 12/2/13 > Blues @ Kings > 9:30 PM > FSMW/NHLN

Post by sseagle »

Kills the (Franking) queens!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Since Dmiles actually started the GDT.....we win again.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

STLADOGG wrote:Since Dmiles actually started the GDT.....we win again.
I have that kind of power, indeed.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Ugh, this game is sooooo late and I'm soooo turrrrred..... Will just pry my eyes open with matchsticks and sit on hot coals to stay awake. No big deal.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Also, apparently, we have lost 8 straight to Kings in LA. I say (Frank) THAT SHIT and let's stuff Quick tight like a turkey! 4-2 Blues!!
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

If we're going to get blown out by the Sharks, and then blown out by the Kings, I guess I'm back to believing that we're the same old frauds that can't win a real playoff series. Completely outclassed so far.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Totally outplayed

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

It's amazing how teams like SJ and LA can physically pick up and move the Blues players at will. In the corners, in front of the net, at the blue line. We can talk about how 2 games doesn't mean much in the course of the season, remember, teams like this will get away with more in the playoffs.

:facepalm:
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

So the truth is finally out: We're padding the Win/Loss column. Which is great to get in the playoffs. BUT we can't beat the Sharks, the Kings, the Caps or hell, even the Jets. So what's the point of making the playoffs if we're getting bounced out of the first round?

This is ridiculous. This is pathetic. Excuses don't mean jack at this point. I can already hear some of you going 'Yeah, but our Win/Loss atm is 10+ with 4 losses and etc.

IF you say this, you're missing the goddamn point.

25 years worth of making the playoffs in a row proves we CAN make the playoffs. But why make the playoffs if we don't have a shot in snot of winning the Cup?

This team can't cut it. Simple as that. I don't want to hear about refs, bouncing pucks or any of that other nonsense. The Sharks aren't using it as a reason they won, neither are the Jets and after this game, neither are the Kings. Winners don't make excuses, they find a way.

I'm sick of this team making excuses and this year, this level of nonsense is nothing but an excuse. Bench the people who can't play, call up the players in Chicago and give them a shot. I blame Hitch for this, because he refuses to pull up rookies and bench experience players WHO DON'T GIVE A (Frank). Give their slot to a rookie who does. Make a statement. Demand the best and get the best out of the non-performers.

And Hitch, for Gods sake, grow back the damn moustache.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

This thread is lolz.

I blame Halak for this one. Elliott probably would have stopped everything.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I hate my life. lol. It's all good guys.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Halak looked sleepy like he fell into 2011 mode for a period or two. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but the blues were just off their game - can't connect passes, finish a move, etc. The hits total from the first probably had a lot to do with it. Missing Reaves.

It's easy to freak out about a loss to the kings, but we've also beaten Boston. They were bound to hit some bumps, I'm not that upset about it. It did seem like the Kings got away with murder as far as the reffing goes but it always goes that way when one team is obviously bringing it and the other team isn't. Refs are people too subject to the same perception biases as all of us.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Blues have beat the Blackhawks and Colorado twice, beat Winnipeg, Minny, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Boston. They've only lost 5 regulation games. Of those 5, 4 have come on the road. Their OT losses came against Vancouver, Phoenix, and Winnipeg (on the road). But yeah, we suck, we're doomed, it's December 3rd and we're going to lose in the first round and this team is the same as it always was.

J. Frankin' Christo.
Last edited by dmiles2186 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

I just don't get how they can come out like that. They know exactly how the Kings are going to play.
So come out hitting!

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I thought we came out strong. Much better than we did against the Sharks. But then they scored on their chances and we did not. It's going to happen.

I'm not worried, yet...

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I will also add, that if my memory serves me correctly, these two losses were our first back to back regulation losses of the season. Made it all the way to Dec 3 before that happened. Yeah, we suck.

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

We were bound to hit rough patches eventually. Anyone who thinks we were going to win 80% of our regular season games is delusional. Hitch will pull their asses out of the slump and we'll start picking up points soon enough. I'm not worried at all.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Jesus, people. You would think we're last in the league judging from some of these posts.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Hahahahahahaha viper knows you chicken littles!

Glad I avoid this derpfest all day.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?