GDT #31: 12/14/13 > Blues @ BJ's > 6:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT #31: 12/14/13 > Blues @ BJ's > 6:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Postby glen a richter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:28 pm

ComradeT wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since Stewart had a fairly major role in getting these 2 points, are we rolling in the general direction of heaping (unwarranted) praise on him, or do we still all agree he's a lazy slug who only plays hard when the mood strikes and that he still needs to go?

I don't think anyone here is ready to make any long-term forward-looking statements just based on two good games he has Putin. I think we are just excited about the fact that he got points, and that those points actually mattered and weren't like a fifth blues goal in a 5-0 win. Maybe the line is clicking a bit, maybe Stewart is picking the pace up, who knows. He did well. Pat on the back. Move on.

He has Putin? Image Truth be told, I'd rather have Putin on this team than Stewart.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby Oaklandblue » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Way I look at it, all Stewart is doing is adding value to himself so we can trade him for someone or someones more reliable. Two fourth liners right now would equate to the value of a Chris Stewart, but saying that, frankly, I don't care if he's awesome or sucks as long as we win and as long as he's not the main or a majorly contributing culprit (and let's be honest, he has been), when we lose. Everything else is just nonsense at this point, including that stupid article; Halak kept us in the fight but he gets absolutely no mention and if I had to give an award to He Who Turned The Tide, it'd go to those two Tarasenko goals, those got us roaring, not a Stewart fight, which feels like it's becoming an every game kind of deal, along with him dumping pucks. But we won, so screw the BJs.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Postby ComradeT » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:34 pm

glen a richter wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Since Stewart had a fairly major role in getting these 2 points, are we rolling in the general direction of heaping (unwarranted) praise on him, or do we still all agree he's a lazy slug who only plays hard when the mood strikes and that he still needs to go?

I don't think anyone here is ready to make any long-term forward-looking statements just based on two good games he has Putin. I think we are just excited about the fact that he got points, and that those points actually mattered and weren't like a fifth blues goal in a 5-0 win. Maybe the line is clicking a bit, maybe Stewart is picking the pace up, who knows. He did well. Pat on the back. Move on.

He has Putin? Image Truth be told, I'd rather have Putin on this team than Stewart.

My soviet spell checker must have been turned on, Glen. :mrgreen:
ComradeT
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Postby drwoland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:41 am

It is worth mentioning that in spite of still looking pretty lazy and shitty, Stewart is a +5 this season (he was a 0 last year, even with his 36 points).

That was a very clutch goal. Maybe that awesome feeling will help cement the muscle memory of actually playing hard. I'm tired of reading articles about what it is Stewart is doing this day/week/month to turn his game around.
drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion