OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!

Post by sseagle »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Obviously the Czech Republic loss is because they didn't bring Roman Polak to Sochi.
DUH!
glen a richter wrote:Can they hurry up and finish so we can get back to NHL games?
One week, 9:30 pm, Vancouver
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

OOOOOOOOOOH RUSSIA

Crud, I hope Vlad is on the first plane outta that hellhole. He might get KGB'd.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Nyghtewynd wrote:OOOOOOOOOOH RUSSIA

Crud, I hope Vlad is on the first plane outta that hellhole. He might get KGB'd.
The entire Russian team might find themselves cell neighbors with Pussy Riot.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Nyghtewynd wrote:When it was time to win, the US women folded like a cheap tent against Canada. Really pitiful third period.

We're a couple days away from most major media catching on, but the US has sucked in nearly everything so far in this Olympics. This is one of the worst American performances in recent memory. If the men's hockey team fails to medal, that would be the capper.
0-2. Hate to be right, but I was totally right and then some. One of the biggest chokes in Olympics history. Eventually we'll stop treating the women's hockey team like a bunch of cute, cuddly puppies and instead wonder why they're so mentally weak.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

That was a choke for the ages. I was wondering if Skeltor was the US Women's coach in that last 4 minutes + the pitiful OT.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:When it was time to win, the US women folded like a cheap tent against Canada. Really pitiful third period.

We're a couple days away from most major media catching on, but the US has sucked in nearly everything so far in this Olympics. This is one of the worst American performances in recent memory. If the men's hockey team fails to medal, that would be the capper.
0-2. Hate to be right, but I was totally right and then some. One of the biggest chokes in Olympics history. Eventually we'll stop treating the women's hockey team like a bunch of cute, cuddly puppies and instead wonder why they're so mentally weak.
We choked today, but this isn't one of the worst American performances in recent memory. We lead the medal count.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

If it weren't for our 11 third-place medals, it wouldn't be close. Every major star failed, first year with no women's skating medals in forever, women's hockey fail, speedskating fail, curling fail. If it weren't for the fake X-Games sportz, we'd be Italy.

By the way, it's been seven hours. Has any major media figure bothered to ask one real question of any of the players or the coach about their most recent failure? I can't wait for women's teams to be judged on their results rather than being cute and cuddly.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

We are also 2nd in golds. Not everything has gone as we would have liked, but I think it's hard to find it disappointing.

Also, we lost the gold medal game in OT. Yeah, the way they lost was bad, but whatever. They are amateur athletes. They don't need to be held accountable.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Steen and Berglund are battling for Gold come Sunday.

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

cardsfan04 wrote: They are amateur athletes. They don't need to be held accountable.
Which is exactly why they keep losing to Canada in the only game that matters. BUT THEY'RE SO KY00T!

Anyhoo. Redemption available today. I know Canada has a lot of good players, but seriously...you gotta win this one, right?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Let's talk about what's important. The Swedish women went all USA and choked at the hammer rock in the 9th end to let Canada steal 2 and seal up the gold. Why can't the US ice a good curling team, men or women?

We're 5 days away from hockey games that matter again. I'm over the US women choking. I heard they were whining about the penalties called in OT, it is what it is. Don't blow it in the 3rd period and it's a non-issue.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Because we keep doing curling team selection by picking between ol' Joe and Pete duking it out at Headbutt Days at the Moose Lodge.

Seriously: I talked to so many people who look forward to the Winter Olympics in part because of curling. And then the USA goes 3-15 combined? There's at least two sports (curling and speedskating) where the national organizations should just fire everyone and start over.

Down 1-0 in the second. Playing pretty well, but Bouwmeester set up a goal where Quick got screened. USA defense not playing well.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Sadly, TJ Oshie's fame didn't make it a week. At least he got more Twitter followers out of the deal.

I have no idea how the USA coaching staff gets them to show up against Finland. They won't care, the country won't care, and I don't blame either of them.

Frankly, I'd be happier if we got the American Blues on a plane and skipped the game to avoid injury.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Yep, keep knocking curling.

Regarding the hockey game... early prediction: Sweden 2, Canada 1
Last edited by glen a richter on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

[youtube][/youtube]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Who's knocking it? I love curling. But they're the ones that keep saying that "curling is a sport of tight-knit teams that have to stay together". We can bring NHL players from 15 different teams, some of whom hate each other, but the curling teams can't figure out how to scream and sweep? Pick the best ten people. They're the team. Everyone else isn't. Be serious for once.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Why would you pick the ten best for a 4 man team? You need 4 and an alternate, that's all.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Pick them a year out. From that point forward, they play with one another and no one else. They are "the national team". Then pick your five from those ten a couple of months out. We're essentially picking regional club teams to go to the Olympics, and that's just dumb.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I could outcurl both the mens and womens team and I haven't curled in 3 years. It's not rocket science. It's strategy.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Frankly, I'd be happier if we got the American Blues on a plane and skipped the game to avoid injury.
Seconded. If NHL players are going to play in this there should be some consideration of eliminating the bronze game and deciding that some other way. It will be beyond galling if a major player from any club is hurt in a meaningless 3rd-place game.