Pre-gaming ???

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Pre-gaming ???

Postby BluegrassBlueNote » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:05 am

Hey everyone, my name is Ted, and I am new to these boards. I've been a Blues fan for quite a while. However, my wife and I live about 5 hours away, so it's not easy to make it to games very often. We usually make it to 1 or 2 games each season. We bought a house last September, and got married a month later (on a side note, NEVER do both of these in the same year!!!). Long story short, we haven't been able to make it to any games this season....yet. We just found out that my wife (also a HUGE Blues fan) is going to STL for training for work next month, and will be there for the final regular season home game, on April 13th against the Wings. Which finally brings me to my question....we don't really know any other fans, so each time we get to go to a game, we never know where to go before a game. The last couple of times, we went to Llewelyn's in Soulard, because we have ended up staying at a hotel nearby. I am guessing that there are other places that are full of Blues fans and great places to pre-game. Suggestions?
BluegrassBlueNote
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:05 pm
Location: Georgetown, Kentucky

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cardsfan04 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:43 am

Llewelyn's is good.

I usually go to Maggie Obrien's if I go somewhere. It's a short walk from Scottrade, right next to Union Station (20th and Market). They have a decent beer selection. Their buffalo chicken sandwich is really good too. This is always my suggestion to somebody looking for a place to go before a Blues game.

A little farther up Market is Syberg's . It's good too, but I would choose Maggie O's before Syberg's pretty much every time, at least for Blues pre-gaming.

In the other direction, if you like beer, there's a relatively new place (opened almost exactly a year ago) called The Flying Saucer. It's at 9th and Spruce I think. Somewhere around there. Has an insane beer menu with like 60 taps and a bunch of imported bottles.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby BluegrassBlueNote » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am

cardsfan04 wrote:Llewelyn's is good.

I usually go to Maggie Obrien's if I go somewhere. It's a short walk from Scottrade, right next to Union Station (20th and Market). They have a decent beer selection. Their buffalo chicken sandwich is really good too. This is always my suggestion to somebody looking for a place to go before a Blues game.

A little farther up Market is Syberg's . It's good too, but I would choose Maggie O's before Syberg's pretty much every time, at least for Blues pre-gaming.

In the other direction, if you like beer, there's a relatively new place (opened almost exactly a year ago) called The Flying Saucer. It's at 9th and Spruce I think. Somewhere around there. Has an insane beer menu with like 60 taps and a bunch of imported bottles.


Thanks for the suggestions...My wife will be training during the day on Friday and Saturday. That will give me time to try all of the places you mentioned :grin:
BluegrassBlueNote
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:05 pm
Location: Georgetown, Kentucky

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby gaijin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Dude, if your wife will be at training all day- go take the free tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery.
Image
User avatar
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2743
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Location: An undisclosed location in SW Asia

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby BluegrassBlueNote » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:38 pm

gaijin wrote:Dude, if your wife will be at training all day- go take the free tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery.

We meant to check that out last time we were in town, but ran out of time. I will definitely do it this time though. Thanks :grin:
BluegrassBlueNote
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:05 pm
Location: Georgetown, Kentucky

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby Nyghtewynd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 am

I've not been to Flying Saucer for a Blues game, but if you're a beer snob like me, it's Nirvana. Great selection, ridiculous number of taps, and the food is surprisingly good. It's about a half-mile walk to Kiel from there, but it's not bad at all.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby glen a richter » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 am

gaijin wrote:Dude, if your wife will be at training all day- go take the free tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery.


I assume the gentleman wants beer, so why would he tour the Anheuser-Busch urinals?
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cardsfan04 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:23 am

Nyghtewynd wrote:I've not been to Flying Saucer for a Blues game, but if you're a beer snob like me, it's Nirvana. Great selection, ridiculous number of taps, and the food is surprisingly good. It's about a half-mile walk to Kiel from there, but it's not bad at all.


Yep. I love trying new beers. I have no problem drinking Bud Light, but it's not good beer. My dad and I went there before a Cards game last year with a few people. He drinks pretty much only Bud Light. He asked the waitress if they have anything like Bud Light and without skipping a beat, "Well, we have water."

Their Rocket Tots are amazing.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby glen a richter » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:27 am

cardsfan04 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:I've not been to Flying Saucer for a Blues game, but if you're a beer snob like me, it's Nirvana. Great selection, ridiculous number of taps, and the food is surprisingly good. It's about a half-mile walk to Kiel from there, but it's not bad at all.


Yep. I love trying new beers. I have no problem drinking Bud Light, but it's not good beer. My dad and I went there before a Cards game last year with a few people. He drinks pretty much only Bud Light. He asked the waitress if they have anything like Bud Light and without skipping a beat, "Well, we have water."

Their Rocket Tots are amazing.


:lol:
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cprice12 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

glen a richter wrote:
gaijin wrote:Dude, if your wife will be at training all day- go take the free tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery.


I assume the gentleman wants beer, so why would he tour the Anheuser-Busch urinals?


Don't be a douche. :wink:
Not everyone likes heavier beers with strong aftertastes.

I enjoy many Anheuser-Busch's beverages...but I also enjoy a number of wheat beers, chocolate stouts, some lighter summer shandy's, etc., etc.
It just depends on what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I don't want a meal and 500 calories in a glass...or to pay $12 a bottle.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19441
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby F Keenan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag. Alumni is a good pregame bar with great food. I would also suggest checking out Ballpark Village across from the..... You get the idea. It just opened this past week. I haven't been yet, but any bar with a 40 foot tv is worth checking out.
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cprice12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am

F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19441
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby F Keenan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.


I thought that I made myself pretty clear, but let me elaborate. I'm insinuating that you drink as if your penis were a vagina. Make sense big guy?
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cprice12 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.


I thought that I made myself pretty clear, but let me elaborate. I'm insinuating that you drink as if your penis were a vagina. Make sense big guy?


Like I said before, I like a number of different kinds of beers...stout's, wheats, ale's, lager's, etc. (not big on IPA's though) Just depends on what I am in the mood for.

You can elaborate all you like... it still doesn't change the fact you aren't making any sense.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19441
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby F Keenan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.


I thought that I made myself pretty clear, but let me elaborate. I'm insinuating that you drink as if your penis were a vagina. Make sense big guy?


Like I said before, I like a number of different kinds of beers...stout's, wheats, ale's, lager's, etc. (not big on IPA's though) Just depends on what I am in the mood for.

You can elaborate all you like... it still doesn't change the fact you aren't making any sense.


:roll: I'm just giving you shit for your choice in beer. Lighten up Francis.
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby F Keenan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 am

cprice12 wrote:Like I said before, I like a number of different kinds of beers...ale's, ale's, ale's, lager's, etc. (not big on IPA's though) Just depends on what I am in the mood for.


FTFY :grin:
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cprice12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:46 am

F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.


I thought that I made myself pretty clear, but let me elaborate. I'm insinuating that you drink as if your penis were a vagina. Make sense big guy?


Like I said before, I like a number of different kinds of beers...stout's, wheats, ale's, lager's, etc. (not big on IPA's though) Just depends on what I am in the mood for.

You can elaborate all you like... it still doesn't change the fact you aren't making any sense.


:roll: I'm just giving you shit for your choice in beer. Lighten up Francis.


Lighten up? Who says I'm upset?
Not sure why you feel that way.

So... maybe you should lighten up?
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19441
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby F Keenan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:16 am

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Flying Saucer is great, even Cprice will stop in there for an ODoul's when he's not on the rag.


I was initially offended... but then I remembered, you rarely make any sense.


I thought that I made myself pretty clear, but let me elaborate. I'm insinuating that you drink as if your penis were a vagina. Make sense big guy?


Like I said before, I like a number of different kinds of beers...stout's, wheats, ale's, lager's, etc. (not big on IPA's though) Just depends on what I am in the mood for.

You can elaborate all you like... it still doesn't change the fact you aren't making any sense.


:roll: I'm just giving you shit for your choice in beer. Lighten up Francis.


Lighten up? Who says I'm upset?
Not sure why you feel that way.

So... maybe you should lighten up?


good one. :roll:
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.
User avatar
F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Location: Kirkwood, MO

Re: Pre-gaming ???

Postby cprice12 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:39 pm

F Keenan wrote:good one. :roll:


Thanks?
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19441
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests