GDT #76: 4/3/14 > Blues vs Sabres > 7:00 PM > FSMW/Y98*

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT #76: 4/3/14 > Blues vs Sabres > 7:00 PM > FSMW/Y98*

Post by cprice12 »

sseagle wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:They put a (Frank) baseball game over hockey at this time of the year. :facepalm: doesn't do it justice. What a joke.
Thank that piece of shit Dollar Dave for (Frank) the team over... shitty tv deal, shitty concession deal, shitty shit shit shit...

I wish the baseball team would move to the moon..
There wasn't any overlap. Both games were on FSMW and both were aired in their entirety on FSMW.
And, to be honest... I have no problem with FSMW sticking with the Cards game until it's over. Should they have overlapped some...missing the first few minutes of the Blues game to air the 9th inning of the Cards game, is acceptable in my opinion. And it was Cards vs. Reds (a hated rival) and the Blues vs. Sabres (who cares about the Sabres?).

And besides...it's not like you couldn't see the start of the Blues game if their was overlap...it was just on a different FSMW station. Just change the damn channel. Who cares?

Maybe you guys should be thankful 100% of the Blues games are on tv. It wasn't that long ago a handful of games weren't even televised at all.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:
sseagle wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:They put a (Frank) baseball game over hockey at this time of the year. :facepalm: doesn't do it justice. What a joke.
Thank that piece of shit Dollar Dave for (Frank) the team over... shitty tv deal, shitty concession deal, shitty shit shit shit...

There wasn't any overlap. Both games were on FSMW and both were aired in their entirety on FSMW.
And, to be honest... I have no problem with FSMW sticking with the Cards game until it's over. Should they have overlapped some...missing the first few minutes of the Blues game to air the 9th inning of the Cards game, is acceptable in my opinion. And it was Cards vs. Reds (a hated rival) and the Blues vs. Sabres (who cares about the Sabres?).

And besides...it's not like you couldn't see the start of the Blues game if their was overlap...it was just on a different FSMW station. Just change the damn channel. Who cares?

Maybe you guys should be thankful 100% of the Blues games are on tv. It wasn't that long ago a handful of games weren't even televised at all.
Also, the only reason it happened at all is because of nearly 4 hour rain delay. This wasn't FSN giving Cards preferential treatment. 1 game ran late, so the next game started on another channel. That's really standard. How many times has a game on ESPN ran late and the subsequent game starts on ESPN2 or ESPN News or something? That happens all the time.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

cardsfan04 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
sseagle wrote:

Also, the only reason it happened at all is because of nearly 4 hour rain delay. This wasn't FSN giving Cards preferential treatment. 1 game ran late, so the next game started on another channel. That's really standard. How many times has a game on ESPN ran late and the subsequent game starts on ESPN2 or ESPN News or something? That happens all the time.
Except for the Y98 radio feed. The whole game was on Y98 and never went to 1120.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

STLADOGG wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
sseagle wrote:

Except for the Y98 radio feed. The whole game was on Y98 and never went to 1120.
That is odd...but still, not a big deal.
You just listen on Y98 instead of KMOX. I guess that sucks if you live out of Y98's signal area, since KMOX extends much farther at night then Y98 does.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

peoriabluesfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by peoriabluesfan »

cprice12 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
sseagle wrote:

That is odd...but still, not a big deal.
You just listen on Y98 instead of KMOX. I guess that sucks if you live out of Y98's signal area, since KMOX extends much farther at night then Y98 does.

Up here in Peoria, I can listen to kmox. There is some static, but I can make out most of the broadcast. Y98? Not a chance in hell of listening to that station this far north.
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Martin Havlat
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

Believe it or not, I listen to KMOX in the car if I have to (not home and blues game is on) and I live in Ironton, OH. Its got static but I can hear what is being broadcast most of the time.
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Only putting up 2 against the Sabres, playing like crap against Colorado and now today looks like shit... they better do some soul searching. Now's not the time to start laying back.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024