GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby glen a richter » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Everyone that was out today being back for game one, by definition, includes Tarasenko. I don't see him coming back 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm calling bullshit. Hitch is lying for one reason or another.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby cprice12 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm not sure what everyone expected with the last few games. We basically have half of the Chicago Wolves roster up here replacing some of our best players out with injury.
That's 90% of the problem...too many of our go-to skilled guys just aren't in the lineup because of injury...and others are being rested and in and out of the lineup.

I'm pissed...I'm as pissed as any of you about the situation the Blues are in. They weren't able to hold onto the conference lead or division lead. But let's not lose perspective on the players that were on the ice.

This team does not "suck". This team is not "terrible". They have an issue with injuries right now that wiped out half of our forwards. It's not making excuses, it's just the way it is.
It's blatantly obvious this team misses those players tremendously...which is not surprising. I don't think anyone expected to keep on winning with so many key guys out...but it would have been nice to nab a win or two to at least secure the divsion...and we should have won the game in Minnesota...but whatever.

As far as Chicago goes, Toewes and Kane are coming back, but they aren't 100%...so it's not like we're facing a fully stacked and 100% healthy Hawks team either. Even with the 6 game skid at the end of the season, we STILL finished ahead of them AND we have home ice advantage. And Hitch said all of the injured guys will be back at some point in the 1st round...which is interesting...and even if they ALL aren't back, you figure a number of them will be ready for game #1. So the lineup we ice against the Hawks will be the best one we have put on the ice in a while. So there is your silver lining.

And after getting over my initial frustration with the result of the game vs. the Wings and calming down a bit... I'm looking forward to facing the Hawks. (Frank) the end of the season. NOW...these are the games that count. We've been told all season long that this team was built for the playoffs...so let's see what they've got. Hopfully we get most of our injured guys back for game #1. I'm anxiously awaiting an announcement in the next couple days on who will be able to go.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19505
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby cardsfan04 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 pm

glen a richter wrote:Everyone that was out today being back for game one, by definition, includes Tarasenko. I don't see him coming back 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm calling bullshit. Hitch is lying for one reason or another.


I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him. The talk has been that he's way ahead of schedule. I don't recall who, but somebody tweeted that he might be back BEFORE the playoffs. I thought that was crazy, but before the end of the round may be within reach. Or not. I'm hoping that he still will get back this series though.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby glen a richter » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:09 pm

cardsfan04 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Everyone that was out today being back for game one, by definition, includes Tarasenko. I don't see him coming back 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm calling bullshit. Hitch is lying for one reason or another.


I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him. The talk has been that he's way ahead of schedule. I don't recall who, but somebody tweeted that he might be back BEFORE the playoffs. I thought that was crazy, but before the end of the round may be within reach. Or not. I'm hoping that he still will get back this series though.


If Vova is back for the series, that could be the game changer right there. But I'll wait and see on that. Also, the biggest part of his game is his wickedly deceptive shot. With his hand(s) not necessarily 100%, how would that affect his output?
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby Oaklandblue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:48 pm

I don't think we will know who all will be playing until the very last minute. I seriously think Hitch sees an advantage with playing it this way and if he is playing it this way, it's damn brilliant: The Hawks won't know what's coming and it'll make it harder for them to prepare.
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Image
Oaklandblue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby not_a_wings_fan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Oaklandblue wrote:I don't think we will know who all will be playing until the very last minute. I seriously think Hitch sees an advantage with playing it this way and if he is playing it this way, it's damn brilliant: The Hawks won't know what's coming and it'll make it harder for them to prepare.
This.

It would not shock me at all to know that this was a bit of a rope-a-dope. Wouldn't be shocked at all to find out in the feature they do on our cup-winning season that hitch was just resting people whenever they got the slightest nick just to set up the knock out.
Official 2008-2013 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
User avatar
not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Re: GDT #82: 4/13/14 > Blues v Wings > 11:30 AM > NBC/Y98

Postby ComradeT » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Image
User avatar
ComradeT
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:08 am

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ComradeT, dmiles2186, glen a richter, STLADOGG, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests