Blues vs. Blackhawks Round 1 Discussion Thread

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Blues vs. Blackhawks Round 1 Discussion Thread

Post by Kerfuffle »

cardsfan04 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote: He wasn't back, so we can put that nonsense to bed. But, if he was, it would not in any way be indicative that he was faking it. This is not an intelligent post.
The point was that if he came back that early after all the drama, the suspension, and the calls for blood and revenge, then it would have been a strong indicator that the whole thing was overblown. And yes that would lead to suspicion about the extent of the injury. As I said before I believe the injury was LEGIT and that Backes was NOT faking it. And that is why I did not think we would see him back this early.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote: He wasn't back, so we can put that nonsense to bed. But, if he was, it would not in any way be indicative that he was faking it. This is not an intelligent post.
The point was that if he came back that early after all the drama, the suspension, and the calls for blood and revenge, then it would have been a strong indicator that the whole thing was overblown. And yes that would lead to suspicion about the extent of the injury. As I said before I believe the injury was LEGIT and that Backes was NOT faking it. And that is why I did not think we would see him back this early.
You misquoted me. I didn't say what you quoted me as saying.

But anyway, explain what you mean by "that would lead to the SUSPICION about the extent of the injury". I'm curious as to what you mean because the Blues have never discussed the extent of the injury. They've only said that it was an upper body injury. That's it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
I don't see how only missing 1 game in the playoffs would lead to suspicion of this being overblown. That indirectly touches on a pet peeve of mine. I hate the idea of punishing based on injury. Punish the action, not the result. The action was bad, and the extent of Backes' injury (with respect to how big of a deal is made about this) is irrelevant. I agree with you that it being as bad as it looked on the ice (i.e. him not faking it) made it seem unlikely we would see him back for game 4. But, if he did come back, I don't see how that would change anything.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:I agree.... glen a richter was never cool.
bullshit. he was at least a little cool, before he caught the fever.

The bieber fever, that is.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:But anyway, explain what you mean by "that would lead to the SUSPICION about the extent of the injury". I'm curious as to what you mean because the Blues have never discussed the extent of the injury. They've only said that it was an upper body injury. That's it.
The team is never gonna say until the season is over but it 'looked' like a concussion and I believe it was one. But if Backes had come back last night I would be suspicious and think twice about what I thought was a concussion. Some have posted on either here or other NHL sites I'm on about this just being a neck injury and that he just had the wind knocked out of him. I believe he was concussed, but if I saw him in the lineup last night or the rest of this series I would have my suspicions. That's just my opinion - I understand you disagree and that's fine.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:But anyway, explain what you mean by "that would lead to the SUSPICION about the extent of the injury". I'm curious as to what you mean because the Blues have never discussed the extent of the injury. They've only said that it was an upper body injury. That's it.
The team is never gonna say until the season is over but it 'looked' like a concussion and I believe it was one. But if Backes had come back last night I would be suspicious and think twice about what I thought was a concussion. Some have posted on either here or other NHL sites I'm on about this just being a neck injury and that he just had the wind knocked out of him. I believe he was concussed, but if I saw him in the lineup last night or the rest of this series I would have my suspicions. That's just my opinion - I understand you disagree and that's fine.
That makes a little more sense. If he only missed 1 game, it probably lowers the likelihood that he had a concussion. But, I don't think the specific injury he had is relevant to how big of a deal was made of it. If he had a bruised neck or something instead, that's just fortunate that it wasn't worse, not an indication that the hit wasn't as bad as it appeared.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Strickland just said on 550am the Hawks have game breakers like Kane and Toews that the Blues don't have but he said Tarasenko is becoming that type of player. He said the Blues play more of a team game.

He also said the Hawks are one of the most dangerous teams in the league on the rush with players like Keith, Seabrook, and even Oduya jumping in on the play.

Hitch said Kane is the most dangerous player in the league on the rush and Engblom on NBC said basically the same.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Strickland just said on 550am the Hawks have game breakers like Kane and Toews that the Blues don't have but he said Tarasenko is becoming that type of player. He said the Blues play more of a team game.

He also said the Hawks are one of the most dangerous teams in the league on the rush with players like Keith, Seabrook, and even Oduya jumping in on the play.
So Strickland basically said what anyone who follows hockey already knows? :mrgreen:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Strickland just said on 550am the Hawks have game breakers like Kane and Toews that the Blues don't have but he said Tarasenko is becoming that type of player. He said the Blues play more of a team game.

So Strickland basically said what anyone who follows hockey already knows? :mrgreen:
What else is new?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

What else is new?
More to come....

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

beat2life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beat2life »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

What else is new?
More to come....
breaking tweet from Strickland: "Water is wet"

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

beat2life wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

What else is new?
More to come....
Strickland is like a wet/dry vacuum...he sucks...
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Misc. Blues wrote:
beat2life wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

What else is new?
More to come....
Strickland is like a wet/dry vacuum...he sucks...

Best addition to the shitshow FSMW production since the FSMW sluts debuted. Strickland is a hack!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Strick was right on.

Toews is a game breaker and he just showed why. Like I said in the GDT thread Kane and Toews are the best 1-2 punch in the league only next to Crosby & Malkin!

On the KMOX postgame show they just said they are getting texts from fans that the Blues are the Cubs of hockey. WRONG! The Blues are more like the Astros of hockey.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Strick was right on.

Toews is a game breaker and he just showed why. Like I said in the GDT thread Kane and Toews are the best 1-2 punch in the league only next to Crosby & Malkin!

On the KMOX postgame show they just said they are getting texts from fans that the Blues are the Cubs of hockey. WRONG! The Blues are more like the Astros of hockey.
...and on a side note you sir are an idiot... :wink:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)