GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98FM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

Post by STLADOGG »

Great series, the better team won.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

Kerfuffle wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Three happiest guys over the Blues flaming out: Perron, Stewart, Halak.

[tweet][/tweet]
Yeah I was thinking that Halak is probably the happiest guy in the room today. That guy seemed ticked (and I would be too) when he got dealt - cause he led you guys all season and kept winning and then for some reason upper mgmt decides that the goalie position is the problem and deal him away. Sometimes the deals you DON"T make are the best ones. Miller's stock is still high because of the 2010 Olympics and that gold medal game which American fell in love with him for. But I think if something isn't broke (Halak) you don't fix it.
I referred to this a "pursuing folly." Acting against your own self interest while at least some critics point out at the time that that is what you are doing. It is the sort of high profile move that should get you fired if you are wrong.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

flyingnote38 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Three happiest guys over the Blues flaming out: Perron, Stewart, Halak.

[tweet][/tweet]
Yeah I was thinking that Halak is probably the happiest guy in the room today. That guy seemed ticked (and I would be too) when he got dealt - cause he led you guys all season and kept winning and then for some reason upper mgmt decides that the goalie position is the problem and deal him away. Sometimes the deals you DON"T make are the best ones. Miller's stock is still high because of the 2010 Olympics and that gold medal game which American fell in love with him for. But I think if something isn't broke (Halak) you don't fix it.
I referred to this a "pursuing folly." Acting against your own self interest while at least some critics point out at the time that that is what you are doing. It is the sort of high profile move that should get you fired if you are wrong.
Someone is still peeved of not being in St. Louis anymore, I see. Another year of that and he'll look like Palpatine from Star Wars..embrace the dark side, David Perron, for you and your team it is known as the Cellar. *hahhh hahhhs*
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

well, fellers. I had the pleasure of watching that debacle on tape delay. :facepalm: is all I have to say.

See you guys next year on teh fleshchats.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

NHL network last night was playing up that 2-year comparison for you guys. It is really freaky just how similar the results were - not so much blowing a 2-0 series lead but rather just how the games ended with the same guys getting the winning goals in 1 and 2, and the same exact score in games 4 and 5, and a shutout that matched game 3 from the prior year. Definitely one of the most coincidental things I've ever seen.

But overall the analysis seems to be about the same coming from all the 'experts' that I heard and it was this:
1) While Miller played well in games 1-5 he was not able to 'steal' a game. Also some are questioning the trade to move Halak and that what was really needed was to keep Halak and bring a sniper to St. Louis at the trade deadline (i.e. Gaborik and a few others were available that they said the Blues passed on)
2) The lack of PP killed you guys and most notably in game 6 when you had 6 consecutive PPs
3) Lack of a star player. Maybe this is being said to fuel the Ovie to St. Louis discussion but the thought was you guys have excellent forwards but not a 'star'.