Baseball dying out (CNN article)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Baseball dying out (CNN article)

Post by glen a richter »

Canada is America's motherfukking hat, bitch. Going to Canada is like staying in America, but friendlier.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Ok, jokes aside JNE needs to understand something about St Louis. The Blues will NEVER overtake the Cardinals. They will probably never overtake the Rams. It's just the way it is here. I say that as someone who follows all three teams. The Blues are first and foremost in my book, then the Cardinals, the the Rams, followed by Mizzou Football and West Ham United, Celtic FC all tied for fourth. You just need to come to grips with the fact that you are in a baseball town, if you are in fact from here. To live in St. Louis and hate baseball is the equivalent of living in Dallas and hating football or living in Montreal and hating hockey. You are an anomaly and you just need to get used to it. To come out so vehemently against it is only to try and be confrontational, but we all know this is your goal. Especially with a name like JesusNEVERexisted. You are a little boy who wants to rebel against mommy and daddy. I say this as someone who is agnostic at best, but my problem with atheist is that they never shut the phuck up about religion and that makes them just as bad as religious extremist. So if you don't like baseball, cool. Then shut the phuck up and don't talk about it. Focus your attention on other threads, or leave the board douchebag.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

F Keenan wrote:Ok, jokes aside JNE needs to understand something about St Louis. The Blues will NEVER overtake the Cardinals. They will probably never overtake the Rams. It's just the way it is here. I say that as someone who follows all three teams. The Blues are first and foremost in my book, then the Cardinals, the the Rams, followed by Mizzou Football and West Ham United, Celtic FC all tied for fourth. You just need to come to grips with the fact that you are in a baseball town, if you are in fact from here. To live in St. Louis and hate baseball is the equivalent of living in Dallas and hating football or living in Montreal and hating hockey. You are an anomaly and you just need to get used to it. To come out so vehemently against it is only to try and be confrontational, but we all know this is your goal. Especially with a name like JesusNEVERexisted. You are a little boy who wants to rebel against mommy and daddy. I say this as someone who is agnostic at best, but my problem with atheist is that they never shut the phuck up about religion and that makes them just as bad as religious extremist. So if you don't like baseball, cool. Then shut the phuck up and don't talk about it. Focus your attention on other threads, or leave the board douchebag.
JNE needs to understand that his controversial attitude doesn't sit well with anyone. He comes here at the beginning of the Chicago series and constantly lavishes them with praise. I really, honestly, believe he's a Hawks troll. Besides that (and as an agnostic I honestly couldn't give less of a crap about his handle even though I know historical evidence does prove his handle is inaccurate) who signs up on a website devoted to a hockey team based in the midwest under a handle of JesusNEVERexisted? Probably 99.9999% of midwesterners are in church Sunday morning, every Sunday, 52 weeks a year and holidays. If he wasn't looking to be controversial then I don't really know what his motives are. What I do know is that his act wore thin a long time ago, but he sticks around for some reason. It's kind of nice in a way to take the "east coast elitist prick" heat off of me, but I still find JNE to be very douchey and not a particularly enjoyable person to have a conversation with.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

glen a richter wrote:
F Keenan wrote:Ok, jokes aside JNE needs to understand something about St Louis. The Blues will NEVER overtake the Cardinals. They will probably never overtake the Rams. It's just the way it is here. I say that as someone who follows all three teams. The Blues are first and foremost in my book, then the Cardinals, the the Rams, followed by Mizzou Football and West Ham United, Celtic FC all tied for fourth. You just need to come to grips with the fact that you are in a baseball town, if you are in fact from here. To live in St. Louis and hate baseball is the equivalent of living in Dallas and hating football or living in Montreal and hating hockey. You are an anomaly and you just need to get used to it. To come out so vehemently against it is only to try and be confrontational, but we all know this is your goal. Especially with a name like JesusNEVERexisted. You are a little boy who wants to rebel against mommy and daddy. I say this as someone who is agnostic at best, but my problem with atheist is that they never shut the phuck up about religion and that makes them just as bad as religious extremist. So if you don't like baseball, cool. Then shut the phuck up and don't talk about it. Focus your attention on other threads, or leave the board douchebag.
JNE needs to understand that his controversial attitude doesn't sit well with anyone. He comes here at the beginning of the Chicago series and constantly lavishes them with praise. I really, honestly, believe he's a Hawks troll. Besides that (and as an agnostic I honestly couldn't give less of a crap about his handle even though I know historical evidence does prove his handle is inaccurate) who signs up on a website devoted to a hockey team based in the midwest under a handle of JesusNEVERexisted? Probably 99.9999% of midwesterners are in church Sunday morning, every Sunday, 52 weeks a year and holidays. If he wasn't looking to be controversial then I don't really know what his motives are. What I do know is that his act wore thin a long time ago, but he sticks around for some reason. It's kind of nice in a way to take the "east coast elitist prick" heat off of me, but I still find JNE to be very douchey and not a particularly enjoyable person to have a conversation with.
I have a lot of religious friends, but we're not the in the Bible Belt in St. Louis. I'd say a conservative estimate is more like 60%.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Only because you brought it up I will respond. You are in dreamland if you think 99% or people or even 60% of people attend church. The most comprehensive studies say 26% and if you look at the latest study below it's even lower than that.

And NO there is ZERO evidence Jesus existed! Citing a book about talking snakes and unicorns is NOT evidence. The way history works is you need NON Christian sources to corroborate the bible and none exist! I have even spoken to clergy and even they admit the bible characters and events are FAITH not FACT! Even the earliest Christians NEVER saw an earthly Jesus, Moses, Abraham, etc.

As far as the Blues go I never said hockey would overtake baseball or the NFL in St.Louis. But baseball is boring as even Joe Buck said the game is slow and needs to speed up. You can't deny the national collapse in ratings and overall decline in national interest. The world series at one point garnered as much attention as the Super Bowl but it's not even close anymore. And I have lived in St.Louis my whole life and have met many people who dislike baseball. Remember they say 25% of the license plates on cars at Busch are from OUTSIDE the St.Louis area!

In a more recent study, Hadaway estimated that if the number of Americans who told Gallup pollsters that they attended church in the last week were accurate, about 118 million Americans would be at houses of worship each week. By calculating the number of congregations (including non-Christian congregations) and their average attendance, Hadaway estimated that in reality about 21 percent of Americans attended religious services weekly—exactly half the number who told pollsters they did.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... hrist.html

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

You don't get it, JNE. You can't come riding into town on your high horse sporting a name like JesusNEVERexisted on a hockey forum and then act like you're the all knowing. You're a noob here, whether you like it or not. Your "I'm the best and you're all assholes" attitude wouldn't sit well even if your handle was "SchwartzIsGod". The fact that you sport a completely unrelated handle--I could see if you had that on an athiest website, perhaps--only proves your primary intent is to drum up controversy. And as an agnostic, again, I don't find offense by your handle whatsoever. But, its not what I believe or what you believe or what anyone believes. It's the obvious intent--to stir the pot where it doesn't need stirring.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

This is not North Korea. Last time I checked we have a 1st amendment. I'm not even bringing up religion but only responded to someone else who brought it up. Look at how many topics I have talked about that have NOTHING to do with religion!

My hockey days go back to Federko, Sutter and Millen and Wamsley! That's decades of hockey experience!

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Unless this is a government-ran message board, I don't think the 1st Amendment means diddly poo here.

And glen is right. You are clearly here to stir the pot. Nobody creates that username on a hockey boards without the intention of stirring the pot. I don't think that can even be debated really.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:My hockey days go back to Federko, Sutter and Millen and Wamsley! That's decades of hockey experience!
Well, why didn't you mention that from the beginning?!? This changes everything. And to think all this time I just thought you were a shit disturbing kunt. Turns out you're a shit disturbing kunt who's been a Blues fan since the late 70's.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:My hockey days go back to Federko, Sutter and Millen and Wamsley! That's decades of hockey experience!
Well, why didn't you mention that from the beginning?!? This changes everything. And to think all this time I just thought you were a shit disturbing kunt. Turns out you're a shit disturbing kunt who's been a Blues fan since the late 70's.
Not necessarily. Anyone can look up the names of historic Blues players. Hell, I've been a fan since Al Arbour was captain, and I'm only 33 years old!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

This thread sucks, and even I said that.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:This is not North Korea. Last time I checked we have a 1st amendment. I'm not even bringing up religion but only responded to someone else who brought it up. Look at how many topics I have talked about that have NOTHING to do with religion!
Why in the world would you think your 1st amendment rights apply in this forum?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:This is not North Korea. Last time I checked we have a 1st amendment. I'm not even bringing up religion but only responded to someone else who brought it up. Look at how many topics I have talked about that have NOTHING to do with religion!
He apparently spent too much time reading conspiracy theories than understanding the Constitution.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Person A says something stupid.
Person B tells him how stupid it is.
Person A compounds his stupidity by invoking the 1st Amendment.

Bill of Rights guarantees that the government won't infringe on certain rights like free speech, etc. It's not jackass insurance. While people have every political right to say stupid shit, we have the right to tell them that the nonsense they are spewing is stupid.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I may or may not be mistaken here, but how the hell does any American constitutional right exist on an internet forum frequented by people from all over the world? Are our local Korean, Russian and Swedish LGB'ers not allowed to say whatever the hell they want but the American LGB'ers are free to be imbeciles because we have the 1st amendment?

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

cprice12 wrote:

Are you saying I can't post pictures of dicks here?

Not that I have any pictures of glen...
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sseagle wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Are you saying I can't post pictures of dicks here?

Not that I have any pictures of glen...
I don't think you're allowed to post pictures that large on this forum.