new random observation thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Postby Ruutu15 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:37 pm

Nyghtewynd wrote:Our power was out for about six hours. The people next door just got theirs back this morning. By a crew who apparently drove down from Iowa. Wild.


Well, there's nothing to do in Iowa. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 6941
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH

Postby amusiac » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:16 pm

SmokeMorePot wrote:There are 15 piles of debris on the 4100 black of Labadie


Racist.
User avatar
amusiac
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:02 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Postby SmokeMorePot » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:17 pm

amusiac wrote:
SmokeMorePot wrote:There are 15 piles of debris on the 4100 black of Labadie


Racist.


I think there is a conspiracy......because WHITTIER was clear
ImageImageImage
User avatar
SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:02 am
Location: Turtles are natures suction cups.

Postby sanscrit » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:53 pm

rare prime rib + malt liquor = diarrhea
sanscrit
 

Postby bluenotebacker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:00 pm

My daughter turned 3 years old today.
People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but it's fun to watch them tumble down the stairs every once in a while.
User avatar
bluenotebacker
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5257
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:52 am

Postby ViPeRx007 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 pm

Swimming when it's 105 degrees outside is the bomb-dish.
Image
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9398
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Postby SmokeMorePot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:26 am

bluenotebacker wrote:My daughter turned 3 years old today.


Sounds like a good reason to bahbq
ImageImageImage
User avatar
SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:02 am
Location: Turtles are natures suction cups.

Postby Hollywood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:50 am

SmokeMorePot wrote:
bluenotebacker wrote:My daughter turned 3 years old today.


Sounds like a good reason to bahbq



Is there ever a good reason to not bar-b-q??


Is there ever a good reason to keep secrets about a BBQ competition?
Hollywood
 

Postby SmokeMorePot » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:38 am

Hollywood wrote:
SmokeMorePot wrote:
bluenotebacker wrote:My daughter turned 3 years old today.


Sounds like a good reason to bahbq



Is there ever a good reason to not bar-b-q??


Is there ever a good reason to keep secrets about a BBQ competition?


Im not keeping secrets........Im busy providing solutions for people too stupid to do things for themselves.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:02 am
Location: Turtles are natures suction cups.

Postby Allblues555 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:56 am

SmokeMorePot wrote:
bluenotebacker wrote:My daughter turned 3 years old today.


Sounds like a good reason to bahbq


Canibal.
User avatar
Allblues555
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Location: Portland, OR!

Postby SMS Bleeds Blue » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:06 pm

[The gin and tonic] was introduced by the British in India. Tonic water contains quinine, which was used to prevent malaria. Because the tonic water consumed to prevent malaria in the 19th century was extremely bitter, gin was added to make it more palatable. Although there is less medical use today for the consumption of tonic water, the gin and tonic remains a popular drink. Tonic water available today contains less quinine and is consequently less bitter (usually sweetened). Because of this connection to warmer climates and its refreshing nature, this cocktail is more popular during the warmer months.

Lore has it that the sheer enormity of the quantity of limes (for the prevention of scurvy) and quinine (for the aforementioned prevention of malaria), was so unpalatable that the only way to get the members of the British Army to consume the prescribed amount was with the addition of gin.

-- Linkypedia
Image
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.
SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:32 pm

Postby SmokeMorePot » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:09 pm

SMS Bleeds Blue wrote:[The gin and tonic] was introduced by the British in India. Tonic water contains quinine, which was used to prevent malaria. Because the tonic water consumed to prevent malaria in the 19th century was extremely bitter, gin was added to make it more palatable. Although there is less medical use today for the consumption of tonic water, the gin and tonic remains a popular drink. Tonic water available today contains less quinine and is consequently less bitter (usually sweetened). Because of this connection to warmer climates and its refreshing nature, this cocktail is more popular during the warmer months.

Lore has it that the sheer enormity of the quantity of limes (for the prevention of scurvy) and quinine (for the aforementioned prevention of malaria), was so unpalatable that the only way to get the members of the British Army to consume the prescribed amount was with the addition of gin.

-- Linkypedia



There is this great GIN advertisement on Delmar. It has a cartoon sillouette in a Barber shop and a caption that says....Sip Sip....Clip Clip

It may as well say......sell your food stamps and buy booze ni@@er!
ImageImageImage
User avatar
SmokeMorePot
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:02 am
Location: Turtles are natures suction cups.

Postby the knob » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:44 pm

If Charles Barkeley does run for governor, is he a role model then?
User avatar
the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 11656
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Postby Nyghtewynd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:59 pm

SmokeMorePot wrote:
SMS Bleeds Blue wrote:[The gin and tonic] was introduced by the British in India. Tonic water contains quinine, which was used to prevent malaria. Because the tonic water consumed to prevent malaria in the 19th century was extremely bitter, gin was added to make it more palatable. Although there is less medical use today for the consumption of tonic water, the gin and tonic remains a popular drink. Tonic water available today contains less quinine and is consequently less bitter (usually sweetened). Because of this connection to warmer climates and its refreshing nature, this cocktail is more popular during the warmer months.

Lore has it that the sheer enormity of the quantity of limes (for the prevention of scurvy) and quinine (for the aforementioned prevention of malaria), was so unpalatable that the only way to get the members of the British Army to consume the prescribed amount was with the addition of gin.

-- Linkypedia



There is this great GIN advertisement on Delmar. It has a cartoon sillouette in a Barber shop and a caption that says....Sip Sip....Clip Clip

It may as well say......sell your food stamps and buy booze ni@@er!


My wife figured out the same thing. She thinks it's the most racist thing she's seen since Al Sharpton was here a few days ago.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4500
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Postby SMS Bleeds Blue » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Reed Low's mom is named Keith? That's odd.
Image
Covenant wrote:It's been a couple years since the Wings have been shutout, and it certainly won't be broken by the lowly Blues.
SMS Bleeds Blue
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:32 pm

Postby Storm13 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:11 pm

I was walking downtown (Jefferson City) at lunch today and noticed a new "Cafe" is going in. It's called "Chow's Authentic Korean Food".

Do you think they really serve Chow?
Spent my money, teasing me honey, what should I do?
When you gonna show me, I think you owe me, come on baby, see it through.
User avatar
Storm13
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:40 am
Location: Wasting your tax dollars

Postby flgtr96 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:16 pm

As in Dog???
flgtr96
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:36 pm

Postby Aode » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:51 pm

if mom is like "dee" and dad is like "dee" than the kids are "dee de dee" :lol:
Aode
 

Postby ViPeRx007 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 pm

*Cars can't turn at perfect 90 degree angles.

*The domino that makes up the Domino's Pizza logo is the 2-1 one.

*When the sun comes out, the temperature generally gets hotter outside.

*Rings (as in the jewelry) oftentimes seem smaller in the morning.

*The word "Gnarled" isn't spelled the way you'd imagine it would be.
Image
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9398
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Postby the knob » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:51 am

Family and I were in St. Louis for a couple days vacation and ate dinner with some friends on the Hill. Having four kids amongst us, it was decided to head to the park and wear them out. Little did I know we were going to ...

TOWER GROVE PARK

I survived. Barely.
User avatar
the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 11656
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests