Kramer drops the n bomb on stage...

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Postby mdc312 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:53 pm

who the hell can afford bimmers with welfare checks? :lol:

that reminds me of a video i saw of ODB going to pick up welfare checks with several of his illigitimate kids... in a freakin limo! now theres an upstanding American.
[IMG:405:97]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/stlcujo/teamramrod.jpg[/img]
Anti-taco-legislation-disestablishmenterianism!
Official LGB sponsor of Hollywood changing peoples passwords. keep it up and ill ban you here too.
User avatar
mdc312
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:05 pm
Location: St. Louis

Postby rebelmusic » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:19 pm

Chudman82 wrote:
Twisted Mama wrote:Ignorant statements do not constitute racism. Causing a recognized group a disadvantage does. Racisim is not about 'color', but more about a potential or actual loss.


ignorant statements that put on display your own thoughts on race, are racist. whether you say whites would be better off with niggers hanging upside down with forks up their ass or vice versa, it still puts your thoughts on display for the whole world to see. just because he didn't cost anybody a job, or something tangible, doesn't make his statements any less racist.

and uh...racism is not about color? are you living in the same universe i'm living in? seriously. pretty soon you'll start saying that those black people who you claim collect welfare checks in order to buy beemers and big screen TVs aren't black, they just happen to have a year-round tan.


Racist.
Proud LGB Sponsor of my junk!
User avatar
rebelmusic
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: The City of U

Postby Chudman82 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:27 pm

rebelmusic wrote:
Chudman82 wrote:
Twisted Mama wrote:Ignorant statements do not constitute racism. Causing a recognized group a disadvantage does. Racisim is not about 'color', but more about a potential or actual loss.


ignorant statements that put on display your own thoughts on race, are racist. whether you say whites would be better off with niggers hanging upside down with forks up their ass or vice versa, it still puts your thoughts on display for the whole world to see. just because he didn't cost anybody a job, or something tangible, doesn't make his statements any less racist.

and uh...racism is not about color? are you living in the same universe i'm living in? seriously. pretty soon you'll start saying that those black people who you claim collect welfare checks in order to buy beemers and big screen TVs aren't black, they just happen to have a year-round tan.


Racist.


:lol:
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]
Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Postby goon attack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:15 pm

Hollywood wrote:Would you consider the following comments as demonstrating racism?

"I'm gonna be honest, I don't like many black people"

"I hate them"

"Just wish they'd stuff their chicken back in their mouth and shut the fk up."


I define racism as:

1. belief in one race's inherent superiority over another
2. prejudice or discrimination based on race in employment, housing, business practices, etc
3. crimes committed against a certain race motivated solely by the race of the target

Saying you don't like black people or that you hate black people doesn't automatically mean you think you're superior.

richards is in no position to discriminate while onstage at a comedy club so it doesn't fit my second part.

richards committed no crime

what he said was RACIAL, obviously, and it is somewhat intertwined with "racism," but I don't think what he did was how I define racism.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby goon attack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:20 pm

big d note wrote:I honestly haven't watched the whole video, but didn't he say something about (paraphrasing) "that's what you get for interrupting a white man"? I'd say that fits into the prejudice and superiority part of your racism definition.


I think he said that after the initial blast and he was trying to smooth it all over. Like, "hey, this is all part of some race bit I'm working on."

he melted, acted like an ass, dropped the n-bomb and is now freaking out about it.

I seriously doubt he's firing black people, only renting to white people, lynching black people and burning crosses in homies' yards.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby goon attack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Chudman82 wrote:ignorant statements that put on display your own thoughts on race, are racist.


"ignorant?" ignorant of what?

whether you say whites would be better off with niggers hanging upside down with forks up their ass or vice versa, it still puts your thoughts on display for the whole world to see. just because he didn't cost anybody a job, or something tangible, doesn't make his statements any less racist.


I think what you're calling racism in this instance, I'm calling a "racially insensitive act."

and uh...racism is not about color?


racism is sort of outdated. It's more a "classism" thing at this point.

but since crying "RACISM!" = $$$$ it will stay alive to milk white guilt.

I recently had a man who makes 3x more money than me say with a straight face that I have white privilege and he doesn't. He then drove home in his BMW to his 3000 square foot house and I rode the MetroLink home to my little shack in Affton.

I guess he just got lucky.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby Chudman82 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:16 am

goon attack wrote:
I recently had a man who makes 3x more money than me say with a straight face that I have white privilege and he doesn't. He then drove home in his BMW to his 3000 square foot house and I rode the MetroLink home to my little shack in Affton.

I guess he just got lucky.


if that was a black man, and you two go to an upscale club or store or any sort of situation where whites would outnumber blacks by a large margin, more often than not, you'd get the better treatment(i.e. being followed around, having your ID scrutinized, having your dress code questioned even though it meets the criteria, the list goes on). sure you feel like shit when someone browner than you and more successful than you throws that rhetoric in your face despite their success. But the fact is, white privilege is a reality. People feel safer around and would rather be with people who look like them than people who don't, because there is shared history and shared experience and a greater likelihood that you'l share the same interests. That's just life, especially when the majority of people in the country are a certain color and don't seem to want to readily include you. But as the old gospel says, we shall overcome.

No white privilege? Not so much
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]
Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Postby goon attack » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 am

Getting scrutinized enetering a club is your idea of some severe racial disparity in society?

That's your "white privilege?" You have to come up with something A LOT better than that to jusitfy the complete meltage in the publiic dialogue about race.

Be repsonsible, that's all society and the law asks. WHINING about race isn't the answer, it's the problem at this point. So many people cry "RACISM!" it's hard to believe any of it at this point. That's the problem. All the crying wolf obscures real instances of racism--which are few and far between and occur between ALL groups.

"White privilege" is a complete crock of sh%t.

It's MONEY PRIVILEGE.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby Willie the Pimp » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:16 am

User avatar
Willie the Pimp
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: feedin' your mom eukanuba

Postby sanscrit » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:38 am

Willie the Pimp wrote:Seinfeld's Lost Episode


:lol:
sanscrit
 

Postby Chudman82 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:18 pm

goon attack wrote:Getting scrutinized enetering a club is your idea of some severe racial disparity in society?

That's your "white privilege?" You have to come up with something A LOT better than that to jusitfy the complete meltage in the publiic dialogue about race.

Be repsonsible, that's all society and the law asks. WHINING about race isn't the answer, it's the problem at this point. So many people cry "RACISM!" it's hard to believe any of it at this point. That's the problem. All the crying wolf obscures real instances of racism--which are few and far between and occur between ALL groups.

"White privilege" is a complete crock of sh%t.

It's MONEY PRIVILEGE.


god you're dense. yes, the only example i gave was the club, just gloss over the other instances.

money privilege you say? i'll leave it up to you to figure out which group tends to have the most money in this country. i'll also leave it up to you to figure out how they got this money privilege.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]
Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Postby goon attack » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:51 pm

Chudman82 wrote:god you're dense. yes, the only example i gave was the club, just gloss over the other instances.


those are BS too.

money privilege you say?


Yes, that's exactly what I say. Why did OJ get off? Because he was rich.

i'll leave it up to you to figure out which group tends to have the most money in this country.


Anybody can accumulate money in this country regardless of race.

i'll also leave it up to you to figure out how they got this money privilege.


Who cares how? It's irrelevant. I think you'll be complaining about this for the next 5000 years.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby Chudman82 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:59 pm

of course it's irrelevant goon, because you say so. anything that doesn't jive with your worldview is automatically irrelevant.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]
Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Postby goon attack » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Chudman82 wrote:of course it's irrelevant goon, because you say so. anything that doesn't jive with your worldview is automatically irrelevant.


That's right. it's called having convictions.

You may now continue obsessing about race. How convenient it must be to have a built in excuse for failure.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby Chudman82 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:57 am

goon attack wrote:
Chudman82 wrote:of course it's irrelevant goon, because you say so. anything that doesn't jive with your worldview is automatically irrelevant.


That's right. it's called having convictions.

You may now continue obsessing about race. How convenient it must be to have a built in excuse for failure.


Actually, having convictions doesn't mean that you completely discount the viewpoint of others. What you're talking about is mindless self-indulgence, you just like to see and hear yourself talk with very little basis or consideration for others around you.

You may now continue "sessin" about black people who are more successful than you. How convenient it must be to have a reason to bitch about a black person's success.
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]
Chudman82
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Postby blues22 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:09 am

I'm sorry, but the case for "I don't care about you" was closed the minute the guys went begging for money. I don't care what the rant was - they are opportunists and worthless in my eyes.
Image
User avatar
blues22
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:36 am
Location: Stuck forever in a stuffy room grading papers

Postby goon attack » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:10 am

Chudman82 wrote:Actually, having convictions doesn't mean that you completely discount the viewpoint of others. What you're talking about is mindless self-indulgence, you just like to see and hear yourself talk with very little basis or consideration for others around you.


That's not true at all. In fact, I don't really understand what y ou're saying.

I don't discount the views of others, I merely reject them when I think they are absurd.

And it's not a mindless self-indulgence. See, I actually care and hope one day that there is a REAL resolution to racial tension. One of the reasons for the racial tension, in my opinion, is people who maintain your attitude about race, people who see race as a factor in every injustice or instance of a minority not getting their way. That's the real hindrance.

I have studied this issue for several decades. I've written term papers, done primary source research, given presentations on it....I may not be black, but I guarantee you I know more about black history in this country than most. For you to say anything i write on this issue being "mindless" is totally inaccurate.

You may now continue "sessin" about black people who are more successful than you. How convenient it must be to have a reason to bitch about a black person's success.


This was a great dodge on your part.

Tell me, was OJ found not guilty because of white privilege?

Let's put it simply: I think you're full of sh*t. Until dopes like you quit tarding up this issue with played out marxist rhetoric from the 50s and 60s, this issue will stay right where it is.

YOU are the problem.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17085
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby not_a_wings_fan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:29 am

Chudman82 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Chudman82 wrote:of course it's irrelevant goon, because you say so. anything that doesn't jive with your worldview is automatically irrelevant.


That's right. it's called having convictions.

You may now continue obsessing about race. How convenient it must be to have a built in excuse for failure.


Actually, having convictions doesn't mean that you completely discount the viewpoint of others. What you're talking about is mindless self-indulgence, you just like to see and hear yourself talk with very little basis or consideration for others around you.

You may now continue "sessin" about black people who are more successful than you. How convenient it must be to have a reason to bitch about a black person's success.


"The Color of Fear," have you ever seen it? This whole debate reminds me of it. The show was done several years ago, so their hair and clothing is pretty funny, but it you can get past that and focus on the discussion they are having, it's a pretty intense discussion of race relations in America.
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
User avatar
not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3187
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Previous

Return to Hall Of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest