Confirmed: MacInnis in HHOF!!!!

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Postby Jack T Adams » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:29 pm

cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!



Image
User avatar
Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:57 am
Location: Herculaneum, Missouri

Postby ksbluesfan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:41 pm

Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.
User avatar
ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 11510
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:03 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:51 pm

ksbluesfan wrote:Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:
Image
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9213
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Postby ksbluesfan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:54 pm

ViPeRx007 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:


The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.
User avatar
ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 11510
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:03 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?


I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:03 pm

ksbluesfan wrote:The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.


I've said it before, I'll say it again: Character doesn't win Cups. If you pass on quality players bc you don't like their personailties, it'll come back to bite you in the ass.

In all fairness to Shanny, he's not really a character concern. The only thing he's ever done was bang Janney's wife, so that's an isolated incident. And that happened after he joined the Blues, so they couldn't take it into account when they brought him to the club.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:06 pm

ksbluesfan wrote:Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


Wow!!!!!! Al sounds like..... A CANADIAN!!!!! I'm shocked!!!!! :lol:

Just puttin' on da foil, coach!!!! :lol:
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Postby Jack T Adams » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:09 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?


I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.


Yeah, he seemed very family-orientated in St. Louis. The last guy I would picture getting liquored up.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!



Image
User avatar
Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:57 am
Location: Herculaneum, Missouri

Postby illownyou » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:55 pm

I too knew a Canadien who had grown up with Al in Nova Scotia and was still friends with him at the time I knew him.

He painted quite an interesting picture of Al as well...but out of respect for MacInnis, I'll leave out the details.
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...
User avatar
illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: In your head...

Postby cprice12 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:58 pm

[img:500:408]http://www.letsgoblues.com/images/hosted/mac_med.jpg[/img]
Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19282
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Postby goon attack » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm

getting liquored up is no crime.

And so what if he used to get loaded and start fights at bars? That just makes me respect him even more.

AL rules.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17032
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby the knob » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:36 pm

cprice12 wrote:Iafrate's career would have been so much better had he not had chronic knee problems.


And better hair.
User avatar
the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 11656
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Previous

Return to Hall Of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests