GDT:Mitchell Report - MLB Steroids Press Conf. - 1pm

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Postby marco » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:35 pm

I don't see So Taguchi any where on that list.
Image
User avatar
marco
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7150
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:40 am
Location: behind enemy lines

Postby sseagle » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:33 pm

ESPN Has the full PDF up..
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Postby BoxCar » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:34 pm

I searched the report- no Albert Pujols.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo
User avatar
BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: CoMo, STL, KC

Postby SteveO » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Jesus... 409 pages? I'm not going to sift through the whole damn thing.
User avatar
SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Location: Lockout Hell

Postby cprice12 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Cardinals or former Cardinals on the list...according to the report on ESPN:

Larry Bigbie
Ryan Franklin
Cody McKay
Rick Ankiel
Gary Bennett
Kent Merker
Fernando Vina
Jason Christiansen

No Pujols.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19504
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Postby cprice12 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Prngr44 wrote:Jesus... 409 pages? I'm not going to sift through the whole damn thing.


It's a .pdf. Just open it and do a search for "cardinals" or whoever. The players are all listed one after each other, with explanations why they are on the list. Just scroll through. All of the players names are listed in bold to start their section.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19504
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Postby deadphish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Perhaps a spreadsheet?
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image
User avatar
deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Location: Provo, Spain

Postby Guppy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:49 pm

deadphish wrote:Perhaps a spreadsheet?

no, a pdf is what it is.

No real shockers to the names in it. The regular suspects.
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Postby sseagle » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Information Learned During this Investigation Concerning BALCO and Major League Baseball (8 players/ 3 active in MLB in 2007)

From the report: "I requested interviews of all the major league players who had been publicly implicated in the BALCO case."

Name
Marvin Benard Page 127
Barry Bonds Page 128
Bobby Estalella Page 130
Jason Giambi Page 131
Jeremy Giambi Page 133
Benito Santiago Page 134
Gary Sheffield Page 135
Randy Velarde Page 137

Information Regarding Purchases or Use of Performance Enhancing Substances by Players in Major League Baseball (53 players/ 18 active in MLB in 2007)

From the report: "The following discussion is organized in roughly chronological order. Records do not exist to document every transaction described by witnesses. [Kirk] Radomski stated that, with one exception noted below, the payments he received from professional baseball players were for performance enhancing substances, as opposed to personal training or other services, and this assertion was confirmed by those players who agreed to speak with us about their dealings with him.""

Name
Lenny Dykstra Page 149
David Segui Page 150
Larry Bigbie Page 152
Brian Roberts Page 158
Jack Cust Page 159
Tim Laker Page 159
Josias Manzanillo Page 161
Todd Hundley Page 163
Mark Carreon Page 163
Hal Morris Page 164
Matt Franco Page 165
Rondell White Page 165
Roger Clemens Page 166
Andy Pettitte Page 175
Chuck Knobloch Page 175
Jason Grimsley Page 177, 249
Gregg Zaun Page 179
David Justice Page 181
F.P. Santangelo Page 182
Glenallen Hill Page 183
Mo Vaughn Page 186
Denny Neagle Page 187
Ron Villone Page 188
Ryan Franklin Page 190
Chris Donnels Page 190
Todd Williams Page 194
Phil Hiatt Page 194
Todd Pratt Page 195
Kevin Young Page 195
Mike Lansing Page 196
Cody McKay Page 197
Kent Mercker Page 198
Adam Piatt Page 199
Miguel Tejada Page 201
Jason Christiansen Page 205
Mike Stanton Page 205
Stephen Randolph Page 206
Jerry Hairston, Jr. Page 207
Paul LoDuca Page 208
Adam Riggs Page 211
Bart Miadich Page 212
Fernando Vina Page 213
Kevin Brown Page 214
Eric Gagne Page 217
Mike Bell Page 219
Matt Herges Page 221
Gary Bennett, Jr. Page 222
Jim Parque Page 223
Brendan Donnelly Page 224
Chad Allen Page 225
Jeff Williams Page 227
Howie Clark Page 228
Nook Logan Page 229

Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball (16 players, 8 active in MLB in 2007)

From the report: "Since the initial news reports of the raid by New York and Florida law enforcement officials on Signature Pharmacy and several rejuvenation centers, the names of several current and former major league players have appeared in the media as alleged purchasers of performance enhancing substances through these operations. These include:"

Name
Rick Ankiel Page 243
David Bell Page 244
Paul Byrd Page 245
Jose Canseco Page 246
Jay Gibbons Page 247
Troy Glaus Page 248
Jose Guillen Page 249
Jerry Hairston, Jr. Page 251
Darren Holmes Page 251
Gary Matthews, Jr. Page 252
John Rocker Page 254
Scott Schoenweis Page 254
Ismael Valdez Page 255
Matt Williams Page 255
Steve Woodard Page 257

Information Provided by a Former Major League Player
Name
Dan Naulty Page 232
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Postby Blueline29 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Love responsible journalism. Sheesh.

LINK
Local TV station erroneously named Pujols
STLTODAY.COM SPORTS
12/13/2007

Contrary to a report that dominated a one-hour newscast by a local television station this morning, Cardinals superstar Albert Pujols was not named in the Mitchell report on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

KTVI (Channel 2), the Fox Network affiliate in St. Louis, began its 11 a.m. newscast by announcing that Pujols was among the players with Cardinals connections who would be named in the 409-page report.

The station did not immediately reveal the source of its information.

Turns out, the information came from the WNBC (New York) and CNBC web sites, which late this morning "leaked" a list of players who would be named in the report.

But about 20 minutes into the KTVI newscast, the bogus list -- which KTVI said included deceased former Cards pitcher Darryl Kile -- was pulled from those web sites because a Major League Baseball official said it contained multiple errors. Kile also was not named in the Mitchell report.

KTVI did not acknowledge that the list had been pulled until late in its broadcast, and by then had dispatched a reporter to Pujols' restaurant in Westport Plaza to interview employees and customers.
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby cprice12 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:49 am

Blueline29 wrote:Love responsible journalism. Sheesh.

LINK
Local TV station erroneously named Pujols
STLTODAY.COM SPORTS
12/13/2007

Contrary to a report that dominated a one-hour newscast by a local television station this morning, Cardinals superstar Albert Pujols was not named in the Mitchell report on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

KTVI (Channel 2), the Fox Network affiliate in St. Louis, began its 11 a.m. newscast by announcing that Pujols was among the players with Cardinals connections who would be named in the 409-page report.

The station did not immediately reveal the source of its information.

Turns out, the information came from the WNBC (New York) and CNBC web sites, which late this morning "leaked" a list of players who would be named in the report.

But about 20 minutes into the KTVI newscast, the bogus list -- which KTVI said included deceased former Cards pitcher Darryl Kile -- was pulled from those web sites because a Major League Baseball official said it contained multiple errors. Kile also was not named in the Mitchell report.

KTVI did not acknowledge that the list had been pulled until late in its broadcast, and by then had dispatched a reporter to Pujols' restaurant in Westport Plaza to interview employees and customers.


I guess they thought they were going to be slick and be the first to announce it in St. Louis.

Oops.

I wonder how many interviews Pujols will be granting Fox2 this season? :lol:
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19504
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Postby Blueline29 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:45 am

cprice12 wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:Love responsible journalism. Sheesh.

LINK
Local TV station erroneously named Pujols
STLTODAY.COM SPORTS
12/13/2007

Contrary to a report that dominated a one-hour newscast by a local television station this morning, Cardinals superstar Albert Pujols was not named in the Mitchell report on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

KTVI (Channel 2), the Fox Network affiliate in St. Louis, began its 11 a.m. newscast by announcing that Pujols was among the players with Cardinals connections who would be named in the 409-page report.

The station did not immediately reveal the source of its information.

Turns out, the information came from the WNBC (New York) and CNBC web sites, which late this morning "leaked" a list of players who would be named in the report.

But about 20 minutes into the KTVI newscast, the bogus list -- which KTVI said included deceased former Cards pitcher Darryl Kile -- was pulled from those web sites because a Major League Baseball official said it contained multiple errors. Kile also was not named in the Mitchell report.

KTVI did not acknowledge that the list had been pulled until late in its broadcast, and by then had dispatched a reporter to Pujols' restaurant in Westport Plaza to interview employees and customers.


I guess they thought they were going to be slick and be the first to announce it in St. Louis.

Oops.

I wonder how many interviews Pujols will be granting Fox2 this season? :lol:


No joke! I don't remember what exactly happened ca. 2000-ish, but someone at ch. 2 evidently pissed off someone on the team, 'cause Kilcoyne et. al. practically had to BEG for locker room interviews during the postseason. He'd approach guys and start talking; they'd look right through him and move on to someone from another network. It was hilarious.
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby Winning Unlimited » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:15 am

WHERE IS TEH MARK MCGWIRE!!!!?!?

HALL OF FAME!!!!! 8)
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
User avatar
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: FSU Sports Law PhD

Postby eastcoastbluesman » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:50 am

responsible journalism is an oxymoron.

they're goal is to keep their jobs by helping to sell publications...nothing more...
I'm the sponsor of Marek Schwarz but the image never appears correctly. So just imagine it. It's Schwarz. He's playing goalie. Image
User avatar
eastcoastbluesman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: 200 feet above Manhattan, most of the time...

Postby Blueline29 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:00 pm

eastcoastbluesman wrote:responsible journalism is an oxymoron.

they're goal is to keep their jobs by helping to sell publications...nothing more...



...and that's one of the big reasons why I never followed through with my journalism degree.
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby tsblue » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:07 am

From the PD report about the Pujols story:

KTVI's Smith is well aware of the changing landscape.

"You can take the safe route, one that is noncombative and not aggressive," he said. "But in today's environment, I'm not sure we have the luxury to do that. And the Fox (network) brand allows us a little more latitude. There's a certain sense of edginess and aggressiveness.

"Days like this are fun because it forces you as a journalist, and a manager, to make decisions that aren't easy. If you want to have your button-up newscast packaged with a bow, there are stations in town that do it and have been doing it for 25 years. But their ratings are going down; ours are going up. There was a time and place when stations would have been reluctant to put something on the air'' like this. "But with the Internet, sports-talk radio and cable, viewers are better served getting more voices giving context. That's what we try to provide.''

Basically this chucklehead is saying that his organization can and will print whatever they can as long as it helps ratings. They can make sh!t up, they can smear anyone and that is edgy. They have the "latitude" to be "aggressive". I have never read a more irresponsible or arrogant statement by a media person. Amazing.
User avatar
tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Location: the shoe

Postby goon attack » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:58 am

tsblue wrote:Basically this chucklehead is saying that his organization can and will print whatever they can as long as it helps ratings. They can make sh!t up, they can smear anyone and that is edgy. They have the "latitude" to be "aggressive". I have never read a more irresponsible or arrogant statement by a media person. Amazing.


I agree, but at least he's being honest about it.

News has become a joke on so many levels.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17066
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Postby tsblue » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:15 am

goon attack wrote:
tsblue wrote:Basically this chucklehead is saying that his organization can and will print whatever they can as long as it helps ratings. They can make sh!t up, they can smear anyone and that is edgy. They have the "latitude" to be "aggressive". I have never read a more irresponsible or arrogant statement by a media person. Amazing.


I agree, but at least he's being honest about it.

News has become a joke on so many levels.


Traditional media outlets have been steam rolled by the internet. They have always been an arrogant and "clubby" group and now they are getting their asses handed to them. The result is to grasp at anything and everything that gets some perceived advantage. Once the current group of "non-users" of technology fade into the nursing home the old style outlets will be a mere grain of sand on a beach of information. Good riddance.
User avatar
tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Location: the shoe

Postby Blueline29 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:39 am

tsblue wrote:From the PD report about the Pujols story:

KTVI's Smith is well aware of the changing landscape.

"You can take the safe route, one that is noncombative and not aggressive," he said. "But in today's environment, I'm not sure we have the luxury to do that. And the Fox (network) brand allows us a little more latitude. There's a certain sense of edginess and aggressiveness.

"Days like this are fun because it forces you as a journalist, and a manager, to make decisions that aren't easy. If you want to have your button-up newscast packaged with a bow, there are stations in town that do it and have been doing it for 25 years. But their ratings are going down; ours are going up. There was a time and place when stations would have been reluctant to put something on the air'' like this. "But with the Internet, sports-talk radio and cable, viewers are better served getting more voices giving context. That's what we try to provide.''


Um, yeah, guy, they would've been reluctant to put it on the air because it's, well, a LIE with no evidence or basis in fact behind it. Integrity's overrated anyway. :roll: Wow.
User avatar
Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Windermere, FL

Postby OS » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:33 pm

I don't think that Channel 2 is to blame. The report originated from a New York based news station and they simply rehashed what another station reported.
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
User avatar
OS
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 27094
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Section 301

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests