California Fire

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

California Fire

Postby stinkdified » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 pm

dude, check out the satellite pictures
http://www.knbc.com/news/17697447/detail.html
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: California Fire

Postby Blues Fan in SF » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 am

I was on Angel Island in the middle of SF Bay this past weekend for Fleet Week (the Navy air show - it was awesome)...we left the island at 12:15 Sunday afternoon...by the time I got home I heard that half the island was burned from a fire that started on the east side of the island...they had video footage of firefighters standing ON OUR CAMPSITE checking out the damage...I pitched my tent and slept Saturday night under a tree that by Sunday night was burned to a blackened skeleton...

We literally missed having to run for our lives from a friggin' wildfire by about 8 hours...

:shock:
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."
Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am

Blues Fan in SF wrote:I was on Angel Island in the middle of SF Bay this past weekend for Fleet Week (the Navy air show - it was awesome)...we left the island at 12:15 Sunday afternoon...by the time I got home I heard that half the island was burned from a fire that started on the east side of the island...they had video footage of firefighters standing ON OUR CAMPSITE checking out the damage...I pitched my tent and slept Saturday night under a tree that by Sunday night was burned to a blackened skeleton...

We literally missed having to run for our lives from a friggin' wildfire by about 8 hours...

:shock:

Glad you're safe, man.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Postby the knob » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 pm

<Backdraft>
Burn it, burn it all...
</Backdraft>
the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Return to Everything Else [OT]