Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue May 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Kreegz2 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:35 pm

As he does every summer, Chris Pronger will stare wordlessly at his wall until training camp begins.


:lol:
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes
User avatar
Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Tampa FL

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed May 27, 2009 4:12 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.


He's a Wings fan.. And you expect him to know something?
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed May 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:If you didn't know any better, it'd be like the Ducks weren't a one goal swing away from beating you guys.


He's a Wings fan.. And you expect him to know something?


good point :)
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Wed May 27, 2009 9:18 pm

And your point is... what exactly?

I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series. You see, I have always been under the assumption that one team won, and the other lost.

If I really wanted to, I could give you all the reasons why that series wasn't as close as you think it was, like how the Ducks scored a power play goal in game 7 when they should have been on the penalty kill, and how Hossa was robbed of a game tying goal at the end of regulation in game 3. I could do all that, but I really don't need to, because..... the Ducks lost the series. Ya, they did. That's why they all went out to hit the gay bars, while the Wings moved on to the next round.

That's what happens in a playoff series. One team wins, and the other goes home. Of course, being Blues fans and all, you've probably forgotten what the playoffs are all about.

Enjoy watching the Wings win the Stanley Cup again. Not that anyone associated with the St. Louis Blues would know anything about winning the Stanley Cup.


:) :lol: :P
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm

The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Unfortunately you're both a retarded bangwagon Red Wings fan and a west coast douchebag stereotype so you can't see that.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Unfortunately you're both a retarded bangwagon Red Wings fan and a west coast douchebag stereotype so you can't see that.


Actually, it is pretty funny. I won't bother explaining it though, because it's not like a mongoloid pig humping dipshit like you would understand.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Wed May 27, 2009 10:23 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:The point is.. It wasn't even funny.. Post something that's genuinely funny and people will probably admit it.. That was just stupid. A twelve year old could have written it... (Frank), it probably was written by one.

Unfortunately you're both a retarded bangwagon Red Wings fan and a west coast douchebag stereotype so you can't see that.


Actually, it is pretty funny. I won't bother explaining it though, because it's not like a mongoloid pig humping dipshit like you would understand.


You kiss your mother with that pathetic smack talking mouth? Seriously, GTFO til you have some material that the average middle schooler couldn't surpass.
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby theohall » Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 am

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby GaBluesFan » Thu May 28, 2009 7:12 am

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:Pretty funny read! :grin:


http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,163629


Funny...like cancer.

:doh:
REPRESENTING REAL HOCKEY DOWN SOUTH!
User avatar
GaBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: St. Simons Island

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby deadphish » Thu May 28, 2009 8:26 am

Just ban this frank, too.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image
User avatar
deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Location: Provo, Spain

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby section319 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 am

theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????



He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby theohall » Thu May 28, 2009 12:00 pm

section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????



He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.


Actually, I was just being an ass because I know he meant degrees. But who can resist f'in with Ghey Things fans posting on Blues forums?
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby section319 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:38 pm

theohall wrote:
section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????



He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.


Actually, I was just being an ass because I know he meant degrees. But who can resist f'in with Ghey Things fans posting on Blues forums?



Gotcha :doh:
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm

section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????



He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.


You could apply for Wings fandom with grammar/spelling like that. :wink:
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WaukeeBlues » Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:And your point is... what exactly?

I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series. You see, I have always been under the assumption that one team won, and the other lost.

If I really wanted to, I could give you all the reasons why that series wasn't as close as you think it was, like how the Ducks scored a power play goal in game 7 when they should have been on the penalty kill, and how Hossa was robbed of a game tying goal at the end of regulation in game 3. I could do all that, but I really don't need to, because..... the Ducks lost the series. Ya, they did. That's why they all went out to hit the gay bars, while the Wings moved on to the next round.

That's what happens in a playoff series. One team wins, and the other goes home. Of course, being Blues fans and all, you've probably forgotten what the playoffs are all about.

Enjoy watching the Wings win the Stanley Cup again. Not that anyone associated with the St. Louis Blues would know anything about winning the Stanley Cup.


:) :lol: :P


Yea, you could say all that... but it still came down to a single goal in game 7. It doesn't take a genius to formulate that its a DAMN close series when one team wins game SEVEN by a final of 4-3. My point is that, when it is THAT close, a retarded, at best slightly humorous "eulogy" bashing the other team only makes you look like a moron. Whoever wrote that acted like the Wings swept the Ducks and it just makes you and your fans look retarded.

The Wings survived that series more than they won it.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Steve Levy Sucks » Thu May 28, 2009 6:23 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:And your point is... what exactly?

I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series. You see, I have always been under the assumption that one team won, and the other lost.

If I really wanted to, I could give you all the reasons why that series wasn't as close as you think it was, like how the Ducks scored a power play goal in game 7 when they should have been on the penalty kill, and how Hossa was robbed of a game tying goal at the end of regulation in game 3. I could do all that, but I really don't need to, because..... the Ducks lost the series. Ya, they did. That's why they all went out to hit the gay bars, while the Wings moved on to the next round.

That's what happens in a playoff series. One team wins, and the other goes home. Of course, being Blues fans and all, you've probably forgotten what the playoffs are all about.

Enjoy watching the Wings win the Stanley Cup again. Not that anyone associated with the St. Louis Blues would know anything about winning the Stanley Cup.


:) :lol: :P


Yea, you could say all that... but it still came down to a single goal in game 7. It doesn't take a genius to formulate that its a DAMN close series when one team wins game SEVEN by a final of 4-3. My point is that, when it is THAT close, a retarded, at best slightly humorous "eulogy" bashing the other team only makes you look like a moron. Whoever wrote that acted like the Wings swept the Ducks and it just makes you and your fans look retarded.

The Wings survived that series more than they won it.


Its moran you tool!
User avatar
Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:52 am

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby deadphish » Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 pm

As much as it pains me, SLS has a point. :moran:
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image
User avatar
deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3469
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Location: Provo, Spain

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby section319 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
section319 wrote:
theohall wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:I wasn't aware there were degress to which a team could win a series.


Glad to see Detoilet's educational standards are still up to par. WTF is that sentence supposed to say????



He wasn't aware there were degrees to which a team could win a series. I think we was referring to Aode saying they only one the series by a "one goal swing".

I think that's what he was going for, but who knows.


You could apply for Wings fandom with grammar/spelling like that. :wink:



Yeah, with school being out and no more papers, I am saying (Frank) it to grammar and spelling until next fall.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Next

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ibldbl, MSNbot Media, not_a_wings_fan, Nyghtewynd, sseagle and 9 guests