Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Sat May 30, 2009 11:44 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
theohall wrote:True or False - The Ghey Things won Game 7 by a goal.

True.

So the Wings were within 2 goals of not being in the Finals at all. This equates to a series being close - the final and deciding game being decided by one goal.

End of discussion.

Anything else - like discussing prior games is pointless, because none of them were the deciding game. But we know Wings fans all rode short buses to school, due to Detroit being too poor to afford real buses, much less pay for schools for the non-mentally handicapped.


It's not worth the effort. I tried. He doesn't get it.


He's a Wings fan.. And you expect him to know something?
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:did YOU read it? Here's what it says genius.


Yes, I did.

Gone but not forgotten, we've asked for these losers to be eulogized by the people who knew the teams best: The fans who hated them the most.


So what? Yet another mistake you made. Why would assume "the fans who hated them the most" are Wings fans? Sharks and Canucks fans hate the Ducks much more than Wings fans. Wings fans only hate the Ducks when we go against them in the playoffs. The rest of the time we don't pay any attention to them.

NOWHERE does it say who those fans are. On my first reading of it, with the intense rivalry in the past few years with the Ducks and Red Wings playing each other all the time, it's not a leap of normal reasoning to assume that that meant the Red Wings. I didn't sit there analyzing who the author was and digging up background information. I read and commented and upon reading, the impression is that it was written by a Wings fan- chill out.


Wow. You must have the absolute worst case of ADHD on the planet. You didn't need to analyze the author or dig up any background information. All you had to do was read the words right in front of your eyes.

It's not only not obvious who wrote it, but points at Red Wings fans. You disagree. Whatever. But you're acting like at the top of the article it reads "WRITTEN BY PACIFIC DIVISION FANS" :roll:


Oh, really? It's extremely obvious who wrote it. You referenced the sentence "the fans who hated them the most." Remember that? Well, right after that came this little gem, Here is James O'Brien of Cycle Like the Sedins, fondly recalling the Anaheim Ducks.

Hmmm, Cycle like the Sedins... once again... CYCLE LIKE THE SEDINS... now who do the Sedins play for... does that sound like a Wings fan? :lol: :lol:

Now that information, which you claimed wasn't even in the article, came RIGHT AFTER the sentence you referenced. How exactly did you not see it? Are you blind, stupid, or did you just choose to ignore it bc you'd been busted?

Regardless, you have yet to try and counter my main critique of your previous argument anyway.


Here comes the ADHD again. I absolutely countered your main critique. You're just too scatterbrained to even remember what it was. Your main critique was that a Wings fan should not have written a eulogy that made it sound like the Wings swept the Ducks out of the playoffs, and that its very existence somehow makes me and other Wings fans look bad.

Here's the problem slugger, none of that is true. Not a word. The article wasn't written by a Wings fan, and it had nothing to do with the Wings-Ducks series. You've admitted the second part... hopefully now you can admit the first part. Your entire argument was based on false assumptions. I can understand why you would make those assumptions, particularly since you didn't seem to pay much attention, but that doesn't change the fact that you were wrong.

I know what you're going to say next, so I'll address it now. This thread was never about the Wings-Ducks series or how close it was or wasn't. You just tried to make it about that to try and find a way make yourself right after you'd been busted for not knowing how to read an article. If you want to start a thread about that series, go right right ahead.


If we're arguing about hockey and the best you can come up with is that I misunderstood who wrote a hockey article, you're in trouble :lol:


We're not arguing about hockey. This entire debate is about how you completely misunderstood everything about the article, not just who wrote it. I'm not surprised you don't get it, though. If you actually knew anything about hockey, you would have known who "the fans who hate (the Ducks) the most" actually are, and you wouldn't have gotten yourself into this mess.
Last edited by WestCoastWingsFan on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:04 pm

theohall wrote:True or False - The Ghey Things won Game 7 by a goal.

True.

So the Wings were within 2 goals of not being in the Finals at all. This equates to a series being close - the final and deciding game being decided by one goal.

End of discussion.

Anything else - like discussing prior games is pointless, because none of them were the deciding game. But we know Wings fans all rode short buses to school, due to Detroit being too poor to afford real buses, much less pay for schools for the non-mentally handicapped.


Can't you read? This thread isn't about the Wings-Ducks series. If you want to talk about that, start another one.

End of discussion.

By the way, I'm not from Detroit and never went to school there.

What is this, the official "Blues fans make retarded assumptions" thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby Mellanby_equals_grit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Kudos Curt on the ignore feature. 8)
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan
User avatar
Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: 55 n Inbev

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby A-Yo! » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:37 pm

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
theohall wrote:True or False - The Ghey Things won Game 7 by a goal.

True.

So the Wings were within 2 goals of not being in the Finals at all. This equates to a series being close - the final and deciding game being decided by one goal.

End of discussion.

Anything else - like discussing prior games is pointless, because none of them were the deciding game. But we know Wings fans all rode short buses to school, due to Detroit being too poor to afford real buses, much less pay for schools for the non-mentally handicapped.


Can't you read? This thread isn't about the Wings-Ducks series. If you want to talk about that, start another one.

End of discussion.

By the way, I'm not from Detroit and never went to school there.

What is this, the official "Blues fans make retarded assumptions" thread? :lol: :lol: :lol:



You are right. The best part of your posts are the end. :roll:

Do us all a favor and get the French Tickler out of your red wing hole and let the Blues fans here have a decent conversation.

I, and many here share the same sentiment. :detsucks:
Image
User avatar
A-Yo!
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am

A-Yo! wrote:You are right. The best part of your posts are the end. :roll:

Do us all a favor and get the French Tickler out of your red wing hole and let the Blues fans here have a decent conversation.

I, and many here share the same sentiment. :detsucks:


I'll gladly give you a topic:

"The Blues suck and will never win a Cup."

Go ahead, discuss amongst yourselves.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 am

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
A-Yo! wrote:You are right. The best part of your posts are the end. :roll:

Do us all a favor and get the French Tickler out of your red wing hole and let the Blues fans here have a decent conversation.

I, and many here share the same sentiment. :detsucks:


I'll gladly give you a topic:

"The Blues suck and will never win a Cup."

Go ahead, discuss amongst yourselves.


:lol: :lol:

You more than anyone should be a direct witness to the entire youth rebuild the Blues have (nearly) completed this season. For the first REAL time in the franchises' history- this team has built itself around high draft picks developed within in the system.

Hmmm... seems like a successful formula for some other team in the West that you are intimately familliar with.

Will the Blues absolutely win a cup? Obviously nobody can say. But the pieces are there- the talent is there, and I say the Blues win a cup within 5 years.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Eulogy: Remembering the 2008-09 Anaheim Ducks

Postby WestCoastWingsFan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 am

WaukeeBlues wrote: :lol: :lol:

You more than anyone should be a direct witness to the entire youth rebuild the Blues have (nearly) completed this season. For the first REAL time in the franchises' history- this team has built itself around high draft picks developed within in the system.

Hmmm... seems like a successful formula for some other team in the West that you are intimately familliar with.

Will the Blues absolutely win a cup? Obviously nobody can say. But the pieces are there- the talent is there, and I say the Blues win a cup within 5 years.


I bet they'll be in the playoffs off and on, but not every year; Chicago and Detroit should both be better than the Blues for the foreseeable future. As far as winning the Cup, I just don't see the pieces in St. Louis.
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche
WestCoastWingsFan
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests