Let's Talk TV Shows

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 pm

I just watched the season 1 episode of Community called "Modern Warfare" for the first time last night. Holy crap...awesome episode. One of the best I've ever seen.

Also just started Newsradio on Netflix. Great cast on that show.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Friday Night Lights ends it's run on Directv 101 tonight (it will air later on NBC).

Long live Friday Night Lights.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby stlbluz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 pm

If you're not watching Shameless then shame on you. Talk about pushing the envelope.
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald
User avatar
stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Location: Edge of my seat

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby cardsfan04 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but Shameless had a great first season on Showtime. I expected it to bomb, but it did exactly the opposite. I haven't heard anybody say they disliked it yet.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
cardsfan04
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.


One of the best shows in the last decade. Wait until you see season 3! :aaaa:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.


One of the best shows in the last decade. Wait until you see season 3! :aaaa:


Can't wait for it. I've heard that's even better. It's one of those shows that I became increasingly annoyed by how many awards it was winning. Then I watched...and understood. Bryan Cranston is outstanding.

I don't think Season 3 is available on Netflix yet. I've got Treme set up to ship after I finish season 2.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:36 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.


One of the best shows in the last decade. Wait until you see season 3! :aaaa:


Can't wait for it. I've heard that's even better. It's one of those shows that I became increasingly annoyed by how many awards it was winning. Then I watched...and understood. Bryan Cranston is outstanding.

I don't think Season 3 is available on Netflix yet. I've got Treme set up to ship after I finish season 2.


Season 3 will probably be available when season 4 starts airing. Were you shocked in the season 2 opening episode when Tuco went nuts? I remember watching that episode and thinking "Holy crap - this is starting off with a bang!"

I think each season has gotten even better than the one before. Hopefully this season will be just as strong.
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am

Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.


One of the best shows in the last decade. Wait until you see season 3! :aaaa:


Can't wait for it. I've heard that's even better. It's one of those shows that I became increasingly annoyed by how many awards it was winning. Then I watched...and understood. Bryan Cranston is outstanding.

I don't think Season 3 is available on Netflix yet. I've got Treme set up to ship after I finish season 2.


Season 3 will probably be available when season 4 starts airing. Were you shocked in the season 2 opening episode when Tuco went nuts? I remember watching that episode and thinking "Holy crap - this is starting off with a bang!"

I think each season has gotten even better than the one before. Hopefully this season will be just as strong.


In regards to Tuco--that was crazy. I know season 1 was cut short by the writers strike, so it kind of concluded up in the air. The way they picked it up, after you thought it was all over, and went even further with Tuco was a great way to continue the story.

The transformation of Walt is really something. I just finished the episode where Walt got crazy with home repairs. If you'll recall, he has a confrontation in the parking lot of the home repair store at the end of the episode that shows you where he's at. That's so great. I love, love, love this show. With any hope, AMC will soon become an HD channel on my Directv so I can watch this and the Walking Dead in all their glory.

I've yet to get into Mad Men, but I want to.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I'm midway through season two of Breaking Bad. Holy crap, that's a good show.


One of the best shows in the last decade. Wait until you see season 3! :aaaa:


Can't wait for it. I've heard that's even better. It's one of those shows that I became increasingly annoyed by how many awards it was winning. Then I watched...and understood. Bryan Cranston is outstanding.

I don't think Season 3 is available on Netflix yet. I've got Treme set up to ship after I finish season 2.


Season 3 will probably be available when season 4 starts airing. Were you shocked in the season 2 opening episode when Tuco went nuts? I remember watching that episode and thinking "Holy crap - this is starting off with a bang!"

I think each season has gotten even better than the one before. Hopefully this season will be just as strong.


In regards to Tuco--that was crazy. I know season 1 was cut short by the writers strike, so it kind of concluded up in the air. The way they picked it up, after you thought it was all over, and went even further with Tuco was a great way to continue the story.

The transformation of Walt is really something. I just finished the episode where Walt got crazy with home repairs. If you'll recall, he has a confrontation in the parking lot of the home repair store at the end of the episode that shows you where he's at. That's so great. I love, love, love this show. With any hope, AMC will soon become an HD channel on my Directv so I can watch this and the Walking Dead in all their glory.

I've yet to get into Mad Men, but I want to.


For me I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Mad Men, but for some reason I seemed to lose interest. It felt like the storyline had weakened a bit. On the other hand Breaking Bad seems to get stronger each season.
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby goon attack » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I've been watching Breakout Kings. It's mildly entertaining.
Official '13-'14 sponsor of another season of bitter disappointment
Past Sponsorships: '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:30 am

I've got season 1 of Treme coming through Netflix and a buddy loaned me the first three seasons of The Sopranos. Will try to start tackling those now that some of my network shows are ending their seasons.

Also, Community's second paintball episode last night was awesome. Josh Holloway from Lost was a guest star. It's a two parter, can't wait to see next week's.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Larry Platt » Tue May 10, 2011 8:35 pm

American Restoration- This dude is ultra talented. Fun show.
Larry Platt
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 am

I just finished all three season of Breaking Bad and gearing up for Season 4 which starts in a few weeks. This show is my favorite I've watched since The Wire. Unbelievable acting. I've also busted out my old Arrested Development dvds and I'm watching that as well. That might be my favorite comedy ever. They pack so many jokes in 30 minutes that it's unbelievable. I've watched through it once already but now that I know what happens, I can really see how well written the show was.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Can't wait for the new season of Breaking Bad next week! Love the new slogan that goes something like "Walter White isn't in trouble, he is trouble."

:lol:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 am

Another amazing season of Breaking Bad. Only 16 more episodes to go before the series wraps up. Wonder how it'll all end?
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby cprice12 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 am

We just got season 1 of Breaking Bad on DVD.
Gonna start watching it soon. Looking forward to it. :okman:

Also...
I've been watching American Horror Story on FX. Holy cow...it's pretty freaky in a scary-weird-disturbing kind of way.
So far, after two episodes...I'm a big fan.

We also just started watching Six Feet Under. Never seen it...haven't heard anything about it other than it's really good...and so far, yup...really good.

So we're set for shows to watch for a while.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19492
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Six Feet Under is one of my all time favorites. I hope you enjoy it. I've watched through the series twice and plan on doing so a third time sometime soon.

I agree with you Portland. Season 4 of Breaking Bad...wowza. I have opinions on what ultimately is going to happen but I'm not about to post any spoilers, especially since Curt is just starting out. Hard to believe 16 episodes are left though.

The Walking Dead returned last night. It's one of the few shows that my wife and I watch together. I love it. It's a bit uneven from time to time but I still enjoy it.

Also, if you haven't watched last Thursday's episode of Community called "Remedial Chaos Theory," do so as soon as possible. It's an amazing episode. I hate to use the phrase mind blowing, but it definitely is quite a fun ride.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby Portland Blues » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:09 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:The Walking Dead returned last night. It's one of the few shows that my wife and I watch together. I love it. It's a bit uneven from time to time but I still enjoy it.


I thought the premiere was a little weak especially for a 90 minute episode. I guess I've been spoiled by all the action on Breaking Bad but it seems like not much happened (stuck in the same place for 85 minutes) and a little heavy on the soap-opera like relationships.

On a completely different level I've enjoyed the new season of Archer on FX. :lol:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Portland Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:The Walking Dead returned last night. It's one of the few shows that my wife and I watch together. I love it. It's a bit uneven from time to time but I still enjoy it.


I thought the premiere was a little weak especially for a 90 minute episode. I guess I've been spoiled by all the action on Breaking Bad but it seems like not much happened (stuck in the same place for 85 minutes) and a little heavy on the soap-opera like relationships.


MILD SPOILERS BELOW

Yeah, I agree but that's what I meant by how it is uneven. The first 25 minutes (commercial free) were intense and that was great television. Then it just sort of brushed aside that momentum and got a little...bleh. Like you said, it was soap-opera-y. If it would have kept up the intensity, it would have been great, but it just ran out of steam. I mean seriously, the Lori/Shane thing needs to either hit the fan or get resolved because I really don't care haha.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else [OT]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests