Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchise

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchise

Postby sparty09 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:24 pm

sparty09
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby theohall » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

But teams like the Carolina Hurricanes, Phoenix Coyotes, Tampa Bay Lightning, Anaheim Ducks and Columbus Blue Jackets would still have trouble making money unless they went at least two rounds in the playoffs.


Interesting that the Blues are not included in the list of teams which would have trouble making money.
(FRANK) the Kings!!!!
User avatar
theohall
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Can't wait for the Blues to move and then St. Louis will get an NBA team!

---said nobody ever.
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6101
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby gaijin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:Can't wait for the Blues to move and then St. Louis will get an NBA team!

---said nobody ever.


Actually, there's probably quite a few people who say that in St. Louis... :(
Image
User avatar
gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2801
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Location: An undisclosed location in SW Asia

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby glen a richter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Some jackass on a yahoo article comment section said he expects the Blues to relocate to Quebec City. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7388
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby WaukeeBlues » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am

I doubt it. Teh Bettman and NHL have made it clear that if you're a 1967 team or earlier that you're too old to fail.
Official LGB Sponsor: Jake Allen
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby kodos » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 am

I've read that Forbes basically pulls these numbers out of their butt.

I'm sure the Blues aren't worth much, and they may very well be worth the least, but this list is based on some made-up voodoo numbers.
Image
User avatar
kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 11893
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby cprice12 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:14 pm

kodos wrote:I've read that Forbes basically pulls these numbers out of their butt.

I'm sure the Blues aren't worth much, and they may very well be worth the least, but this list is based on some made-up voodoo numbers.


You're never going to convince me that right now, the Columbus Blue Jackets are worth more money than the St. Louis Blues.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19575
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby SteveO » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 pm

cprice12 wrote:
kodos wrote:I've read that Forbes basically pulls these numbers out of their butt.

I'm sure the Blues aren't worth much, and they may very well be worth the least, but this list is based on some made-up voodoo numbers.


You're never going to convince me that right now, the Columbus Blue Jackets are worth more money than the St. Louis Blues.


It's probably because they own their building and lot.
User avatar
SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Location: Lockout Hell

Re: Forbes rates the Blues as the least-valuable NHL franchi

Postby dmiles2186 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Prngr44 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
kodos wrote:I've read that Forbes basically pulls these numbers out of their butt.

I'm sure the Blues aren't worth much, and they may very well be worth the least, but this list is based on some made-up voodoo numbers.


You're never going to convince me that right now, the Columbus Blue Jackets are worth more money than the St. Louis Blues.


It's probably because they own their building and lot.


I was talking to my dad about this yesterday. I thought it was something like this with the Blues. Didn't Checketts make a deal to help in the short term but ultimately took away revenue down the road? Wasn't there something with the concession vendors like that too?
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6101
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JesusNEVERexisted, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests